• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satanic Symbolism

^-^ Hello Everyone!
Many people don't know the meanings of the Satanic Symbols and representations, so as a Satanist I'm here to share that knowledge with you. Many of these Symbols representations are shared by other left hand paths religions as well but how they are used is a bit different. For example: Atheistic Satanism are NOT to be mistaken as Theistic Satanism. Both religion have similar philosophies but with different views..The difference is Theistic Satanism believes in Lucifer as deity of freedom and Independence and Atheistic Satanism view Lucifer as a symbol of freedom and Independence. The Lucifer in Theistic Satanism is not the same deity from the Lucifer in the Holy Bible though it can share similar characteristics.. With that being said, let's start the lessons in Satanic Symbolism and the meanings behind them!

Alchemy_Sulfur_Symbol_used_by_Satanists.gif

This is the Satanic Cross, also known as Leviathan's Cross!
The Double cross symbolizes protection and balance between male and female. The infinity sign means eternal rest and happiness. In Alchemy, the Leviathan's cross is a symbol for sulfur, which is one the three essential elements of nature. Leviathan's direction is west. Being one with nature and the embracing eternal happiness and rest is positive to me and is something I truly cherish and thus is one of my favorite Satanic symbols on this list.

belial-seal.jpg

The Sigil of Belial.
This Satanic Symbol represents: Without a master, baseness of the earth, independence.
Belial’s element is Earth, Earth being the element that sustains humanity. The carnal laws of man are dictated by the laws of the Earth. Belial’s direction is north, north being the representation of constantly striving forward and upward changing and recreating our Utopia bigger and better. Belial’s human element is remaining firm to ones own beliefs, not dancing around in pools of religious feces. Finding a philosophy which is your own and sticking to it. Belial’s altar element is the incense coal, representing Earth and (Wo)mankind holding the flame of Lucifer. Belial’s planet is Earth, previously explained. Belial’s highest manifestation is through understanding and living the natural laws of our carnal self, self-explanatory.” I personally like this one a lot because of self-empowerment it gives and how powerful the meaning is behind it.

lucifersigil.jpg

The Sigil of Lucifer.
This symbol while used a lot in Luciferian, is also considered Satanic in Satanism due to how powerful the principles are behind it. Keep in mind Atheistic Satanism views this as symbolic while Theistic Satanism view him as a real deity here. These are the principles of the sigil of Lucifer:

* Lucifer’s number is nine, nine being the number of pride as any number nine is multiplied into returns to itself. (Example: 9×5=45 – 4+5=9) Lucifer also being known as the “Angel of pride”. This represents being proud of all things we do!

*Lucifer’s element is air, air being that which allows us to speak his words of truth as his manifestation on Earth.

*Lucifer’s direction is the east, east being where a lot of the sacred wisdom and the great wars will come from.
Lucifer’s human element is wisdom or applied knowledge, with time, study and practice it is believed that man can attain the Lucifer state, this only through applied knowledge or wisdom.

*Lucifer’s altar element is incense, incense being a representation of air, known to Luciferians as “sweet air”.

*Lucifer’s planetary element is Venus, Lucifer being known as the morning star or first star of morning, otherwise known as Venus. Venus, known as the “Planet of love” represents the beauty of Lux Ferre (Latin for light bearer/bringer or Lucifer).

*Lucifer’s highest manifestation is through understanding of oneself, this being the goal of the Magickian/Luciferian to begin with, being as Lucifer himself, total awakening of the human god-form Lucifer. Without knowing the self one cannot hope to achieve any real understanding of anything else. Applied knowledge in action is a prime example of Lucifer’s manifestation!

sigil.jpg

Sigil of Baphomet
This is the main sigil used in Satanism.
The goat face represents carnality. Inancient Egyptgoats were considered representations as god symbols of lust, and we think lust is an important factor of biology that keeps humanity going so we value that. The five-pointed star really comes from the Pythagoreans. That is the one figure in which every element is within the golden mean of each other. It’s this wonderful mathematical symbol of perfection, organic perfection specifically. Since we are organic life and enjoy the idea of perfecting ourselves, that star is right for us in there and it perfectly fits the goat head inside.

Now around it are two circles, one at the tip of the points of the star and one outside. In that are Hebrew characters starting at the bottom and going counter-clockwise spelling Leviathan. In Hebrew mythology, Leviathan was the great dragon of the abyss, this powerful earthly figure represents the water elemental which brings forth life and destruction. The Black color of the pentagram represents the Dark Forces of Nature which man can manipulate for their own purpose. So all these things taken together creates a symbol that identifies Satanism.

^-^ I hope you all enjoyed what I had to share!
Hail Satan and Dark Blessings to you all!

Last edited:
^-^ Please let me know which Satanic sigil is your favorite and explain why.
Mine is Sigil of Leviathan. I feel being always happy forever regardless of gender and being one with nature is the most important to me.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Hi DreamyAbaddon. One small point. Most Luciferians that I have come into contact with are non-theistic. I have noticed a lot of Theistic Satanists looking for shelter within Luciferianism. They oftentimes don't stick around for long, once they realize that most Luciferians are non-theistic.

Hi DreamyAbaddon. One small point. Most Luciferians that I have come into contact with are non-theistic. I have noticed a lot of Theistic Satanists looking for shelter within Luciferianism. They oftentimes don't stick around for long, once they realize that most Luciferians are non-theistic.

I just did a quick google and you're right and wrong. Luciferian has Theistic and Atheistic just like Satanism.
Thanks for your comment I'll update the topic above! <3

Oldsoul

Very interesting Dreamy..

What about the gatherings you've been to?
What is it like interacting face to face with other Satanists?

Rapha

Try the Star of David.
6 small triangles, 6 large triangles and 6 trapeziums = 666

Hexagon(6) in the center, silhoette of the Cube of Mecca (6) and a silhoette of a icosahedron(6) = 666

Very interesting Dreamy..

What about the gatherings you've been to?
What is it like interacting face to face with other Satanists?

Good question! Satanist are all different. I only met 3 and they are really nice people who I am close with. But it's hard to meet Satanist in real life because you can't tell who is or who isn't by just looks. We don't really have a dress code ya know. lol

*Edit* We don't normally do gatherings. It's a way of life not a social club. xD

Oldsoul

Good question! Satanist are all different. I only met 3 and they are really nice people who I am close with. But it's hard to meet Satanist in real life because you can't tell who is or who isn't by just looks. We don't really have a dress code ya know. lol

*Edit* We don't normally do gatherings. It's a way of life not a social club. xD
I totally understand...

What attracted you to satanism?
And ..
In your opinion. .
What are the common misconceptions about Satanists?

Try the Star of David.
6 small triangles, 6 large triangles and 6 trapeziums = 666

Hexagon(6) in the center, silhoette of the Cube of Mecca (6) and a silhoette of a icosahedron(6) = 666

As crazy as this might sound, that's the one symbol I never studied about... @_@
I'll look into it later.

I totally understand...

What attracted you to satanism?
And ..
In your opinion. .
What are the common misconceptions about Satanists?

I guess I was just curious to check it out...
I was in the book store and saw a book titled: "The Satanic Bible" and then I was like, "Devil worship? The -Beep- is this?" And then I read it and it all made sense to me. In fact I never converted to Satanism, I recognized myself as one at the age of 12 because it made sense to me. It has definantly helped me get stronger in life during the time my perants where going through divorce and it has helped me stay away from drugs and bad influences that would harm me.

What attracts me to Satanism is the Philosophy of life and Symbolism.
Symbolism is a powerful tool. Don't believe me? Just look at your country's flag! That flag tells a story. a History and if you're a patriot, it shows pride! People died for that flag you know.

The positive symbols in Satanism and wonderful philosophy got me hooked.
I will not die for Satanism, because Satanism is just a tool for self improvement and enjoyment of life.
And dying is not something people enjoy... lol Not I anyways.

The common misconception of Satanism has to be people thinking we are Christian Devil Worshipers.
We sacrifice babies and do evil things?

But that's to be expected in a christian society where I live in America.

Oldsoul

The common misconception of Satanism has to be people thinking we are Christian Devil Worshipers.
We sacrifice babies and do evil things?

But that's to be expected in a christian society where I live in America.
Lol..
Well I'm a Christian and I know better..

I believe the key to my existence is to approach all things with an open mind..

Thanks for clarifying my questions. .

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
The Seal of the Nine Angles is one of my favorite Satanic symbols, its meaning can be found in the "Ceremony of the Nine Angles" in the "Satanic Rituals".

full

"From the Ninth Angel is the Flame of the beginning and the ending of dimensions,
Which blazeth in brilliance and darkness unto the glory of desire."

And also the Sigil of Baphomet or Sigil of Amon/Shub-Niggurath is another favorite.

full

^Hand crafted by Adramelek.​

Last edited: