• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Russia enters the war defending Shiites against Sunni extremists

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Two of the biggest reasons for conflict in the world, are both potential Armageddon type WW3 triggering possibilities, the possibility of a worldwide conflict between Sunni Muslims and Shiite Muslims, and the possibility of a worldwide war against Islam led by the USA centered on Iran and eliminating WMD (again???) are coming to a crisis or a solution, you decide. Shiites Muslims are a distinct minority compared to Sunnis, and Iran, Assad, Hezbollah and the Yemen rebels(all Shiite) are one big thorn in the Sunni quest for domination, Saudi Arabia would like to see them all go away, and so it would seem would their #1 ally, the USA.

Now enter Russia, bravely taking the side of the underdog Shiites in a conflict that can only go from bad to worse if both sides don't somehow balance out. Now that Russia has stepped in to not only support Assad and his democratically elected government in Syria, it become increasingly clear that Russia probably aims to defend Iran as well if America or Israel should dare attack. It seems horrible for Russia with their shaky human rights record to get involved in what is already a huge nightmare situation, but unfortunately America with an equally or even worse human rights record than Russia, internationally, has been fully supporting Sunnis, both moderates, and extremists and terrorists in fighting Shiite governments around the Middle East, and in Iran.

I know our Muslim members like to always take sides in the Shiite/Sunni conflict but can't we for once come to realize that both Shiites and Sunnis have to somehow coexist, even if not in the same part of the country or their own countries.

I think in the long term, if Russia defends Shiite governments it will, hopefully, bring more balance than the American influence which has brought basically anarchy and chaos, not to mention Al Qaeda and ISIS.

Russia, bravely taking the side of the underdog Shiites in a conflict that can only go from bad to worse if both sides don't somehow balance out. Now that Russia has stepped in to not only support Assad and his democratically elected government in Syria... I think in the long term, if Russia defends Shiite governments it will, hopefully, bring more balance than the American influence which has brought basically anarchy and chaos, not to mention Al Qaeda and ISIS.

No need for the hagiography.

Russia is acting in their own self-interest by supporting a dictator who tortures children, uses chemical weapons and barrel bombs on civilians, and wants to keep his highly corrupt and morally bankrupt regime in power no matter the human cost. A dog is supporting another dog out of mutual self-interest, nothing else.

Sometimes people hate the West so much that everybody who is not the West becomes some kind of heroic resistance.

Just because the West has done many bad things, doesn't mean you need to shill for scum like this just because they are 'not the West'.

I'm pretty sure your personal morality is antithetical to that of the Syrian and Russian regimes, why then support them? No need to be an ostrich.

Lyndon

Premium Member
Russia has more morals so far than America, only time will tell. Where would a Syrian Christian rather live, under Assad, where they are not persecuted or under the rebels where the CIA backed rebels will torture them and put them to death.

You have to realize Russia is a relatively new player to this war, America has shown its true colours, and at least in the middle east they are pretty close to pure evil, maybe Russia will be no better. Do you actually think Assad is worse than ISIS, he may not be the best leader, but right now he is the only leader that isn't hooked up to terrorists.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Two of the biggest reasons for conflict in the world, are both potential Armageddon type WW3 triggering possibilities, the possibility of a worldwide conflict between Sunni Muslims and Shiite Muslims, and the possibility of a worldwide war against Islam led by the USA centered on Iran and eliminating WMD (again???) are coming to a crisis or a solution, you decide. Shiites Muslims are a distinct minority compared to Sunnis, and Iran, Assad, Hezbollah and the Yemen rebels(all Shiite) are one big thorn in the Sunni quest for domination, Saudi Arabia would like to see them all go away, and so it would seem would their #1 ally, the USA.

Now enter Russia, bravely taking the side of the underdog Shiites in a conflict that can only go from bad to worse if both sides don't somehow balance out. Now that Russia has stepped in to not only support Assad and his democratically elected government in Syria, it become increasingly clear that Russia probably aims to defend Iran as well if America or Israel should dare attack. It seems horrible for Russia with their shaky human rights record to get involved in what is already a huge nightmare situation, but unfortunately America with an equally or even worse human rights record than Russia, internationally, has been fully supporting Sunnis, both moderates, and extremists and terrorists in fighting Shiite governments around the Middle East, and in Iran.

I know our Muslim members like to always take sides in the Shiite/Sunni conflict but can't we for once come to realize that both Shiites and Sunnis have to somehow coexist, even if not in the same part of the country or their own countries.

I think in the long term, if Russia defends Shiite governments it will, hopefully, bring more balance than the American influence which has brought basically anarchy and chaos, not to mention Al Qaeda and ISIS.

No, it isn't about Sunnis and shiites, it is about protecting Israel from Hezbollah which was supported by Syria and Iran.
Iran is the biggest enemy to Israel, it is fighting for Israel and that will lead for sure to ww3.

Lyndon

Premium Member
That's what I was worried about war between America/Israel and Iran. But I think we have a given, even America and Israel?? are smart enough to realize we can't have a war with Russia, if Russia decides to back Syria AND Iran, then America and Israel can't bomb Iran without Russia defending Iran, which could actually prevent a much worse war from happening. And if Russia becomes a protectorate of Iran, they aren't going to let Iran bomb or nuclear bomb Israel. This could be a miraculous development, Russia backs Shiite governments, and America is left with nothing to do but fight ISIS and clean up the mess the started in Sunni regions. Or better yet get the hell out of the Middle East, America is obviously not welcome there after the atrocities they have been responsible for.

Russia is new to the Middle East, they can follow America's example and muck around with everyone, or praying please, do something better and protect Muslim governments that are in danger of being destroyed by terrorists.

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
That's what I was worried about war between America/Israel and Iran. But I think we have a given, even America and Israel?? are smart enough to realize we can't have a war with Russia, if Russia decides to back Syria AND Iran, then America and Israel can't bomb Iran without Russia defending Iran, which could actually prevent a much worse war from happening. And if Russia becomes a protectorate of Iran, they aren't going to let Iran bomb or nuclear bomb Israel. This could be a miraculous development, Russia backs Shiite governments, and America is left with nothing to do but fight ISIS and clean up the mess the started in Sunni regions. Or better yet get the hell out of the Middle East, America is obviously not welcome there after the atrocities they have been responsible for.

Russia is new to the Middle East, they can follow America's example and muck around with everyone, or praying please, do something better and protect Muslim governments that are in danger of being destroyed by terrorists.

No one in the region believe about the ISIS, it is understood to be deployed in the region similar to Taliban during the Afghan-Soviet war,
the rest you have to know yourself.;)

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member

this is truth :

it's not about Shia or Sunni .
most of Syrian are Sunni
most of Sunni are pro-Assad

Yes ISIS is belong to Sunni , and we (most of Muslims ) are against them .

there is influence of West and AIPAC and Israel and Kings of oil on all civil wars and terrorims in ME . (EDITED typo error and ADD link )

Russia is protecting the world from ISIS , USA was mercy with ISIS , sometimes they drop weapons for them by errors lol

Check this link please :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-wrong-supplies-end-hands-ISIS-fighters.html

Last edited:

Lyndon

Premium Member
Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Have you been living in a cave for the last 30 years, you don't think America is fighting Islam???
Americastan doesn't fight Islam....It fights particular countries (eg, Iraq) & organizations (eg, Taliban).
Many are Muslim. But we don't fight most Muslim countries, eg, Saudi Arabia or Indonesia (the biggest of all).
Americastan has also fought ostensibly Xian (Germany & England) & atheist countries (China & USSR).
When a country fights with so many others, some will likely be Muslim.
My cave must have better internet access than yours.

Last edited:

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Have you been living in a cave for the last 30 years, you don't think America is fighting Islam???

I thinks it's perhaps true , they fighting Islam by Muslims them-selfs

it's known that West supported Alqaeda in Afghanistan and 9/11 is planed , they allowed the Alqaeda members to go USA and trained how to pilot planes

btw Where is Bin laden body ?

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Americastan doesn't fight Islam....
that's official , but under table other issues

the proof is that for almost one year USA strikes against ISIS , airstrikes are not effective !!
except maybe in Kobani (which taken by globle media and focus on it )

I remember Bush said :

9/11 George Bush - This Crusade Is Gonna Take A While ( Sept 17 2001)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
that's official , but under table other issues

the proof is that for almost one year USA strikes against ISIS , airstrikes are not effective !!
except maybe in Kobani (which taken by globle media and focus on it )

I remember Bush said :

9/11 George Bush - This Crusade Is Gonna Take A While ( Sept 17 2001)
This simply isn't a fight against Islam.
I don't agree with all this fighting we engage in, but the motivation is not war with a religion.
This is not to say that Americastan is neutral on religion.
Some, particularly Judaism, are more favored than others.
But war against Islam? Nah....that's absurd.
We even have a Muslim president.

Caution:
There's a joke in there near the end

dust1n

Zindīq
Now that Russia has stepped in to not only support Assad and his democratically elected government in Syria...

"Bashar Hafez al-Assad (Arabic: بشار حافظ الأسد‎ Baššār Ḥāfiẓ al-ʾAsad, pronunciation (help·info)Levantine pronunciation:[baʃˈʃaːr ˈħaːfezˤ elˈʔasad]; born 11 September 1965)[1] is the President of Syria, commander-in-chief of Syrian Armed Forces, General Secretary of the ruling Ba'ath Partyand Regional Secretary of the party's branch in Syria. In 2000 he succeeded Hafez al-Assad, his father, who had led Syria for 30 years until his death.[2] He was confirmed by the Syrian electorate twice in 2000 and 2007 in referenda that did not include any opposing candidate.[3]"

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
"Bashar Hafez al-Assad (Arabic: بشار حافظ الأسد‎ Baššār Ḥāfiẓ al-ʾAsad, pronunciation (help·info)Levantine pronunciation:[baʃˈʃaːr ˈħaːfezˤ elˈʔasad]; born 11 September 1965)[1] is the President of Syria, commander-in-chief of Syrian Armed Forces, General Secretary of the ruling Ba'ath Partyand Regional Secretary of the party's branch in Syria. In 2000 he succeeded Hafez al-Assad, his father, who had led Syria for 30 years until his death.[2] He was confirmed by the Syrian electorate twice in 2000 and 2007 in referenda that did not include any opposing candidate.[3]"
I'm sure the lack of an opposing candidate was just due to a coincidental lack of interest.

Lyndon

Premium Member
Why don't you watch the video I posted if you want to learn about Assad, its a panel of journalists interviewing him on many of the issues facing Syria. He makes more sense than anything I'm hearing from the White House.

Flankerl

Assad and his democratically elected government in Syria

lol there are lots of things that can be said about Assad and his Government, that its democratically elected is not part of it.

Russia is new to the Middle East

So where were you during the Cold War?

No, it isn't about Sunnis and shiites, it is about protecting Israel from Hezbollah which was supported by Syria and Iran.
Iran is the biggest enemy to Israel, it is fighting for Israel and that will lead for sure to ww3.

lol even before the Syrian Civil War the Syrian Armed Forces couldn't stop Israel at all. But suddenly its about saving Israel?