• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Returning sacred lands and resources

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I know it's a DIR, but I vote for returning some federal land to rightful owners.
It won't cure all wrongs, but a step in the right direction is better than the status quo.
I ask only that I get to snowboard on some of it afterwards.

Nashitheki

Hollawitta
I know it's a DIR, but I vote for returning some federal land to rightful owners.
It won't cure all wrongs, but a step in the right direction is better than the status quo.
I ask only that I get to snowboard on some of it afterwards.

It's good you have such feelings in your heart. It is unrealistic for us to expect that all sacred lands and places be returned, but a close review of broken treaties and a compromise would be a good step in a better direction.

It's good you have such feelings in your heart. It is unrealistic for us to expect that all sacred lands and places be returned, but a close review of broken treaties and a compromise would be a good step in a better direction.

There are those who sit and speak. There are those who act. Now there should be those who read! Sorry I haven't been here for a bit. Lots of stuff to do here in the land of the Peoples. Winning isn't everything, but it sure makes buying stuff easier!:flirt:

Nashitheki

Hollawitta
There are those who sit and speak. There are those who act. Now there should be those who read! Sorry I haven't been here for a bit. Lots of stuff to do here in the land of the Peoples. Winning isn't everything, but it sure makes buying stuff easier!:flirt:

Well you know my dear, I'm one who has acted by lending a hand. No dam on the Mattaponi flooding the graves of people's ancestors. Of course at some places, there are those who don't want Indians acting upon issues as they rather have us perform in a manner befitting their own romanticized misconceptions of how we should be.

Feather bustles, stomp dancing and fry bread.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Heya...reading this I can't help but draw some very distant parallels with Uluru in Australia...formerly Ayer's Rock. It's a major tourism site internationally, as well as being the location of some sacred indigenous sites...

Uluru

Lots of indigenous issues in Australia, and I'm not suggesting we've worked too much out over here. But maybe it gives hope that sacred sites can be handed back to some degree? Pretty sure there are a lot of conditions on that. I know, for example, it's still a major tourism site. But the local community were able to restrict access and climbing on the rock, as well as generate some income from it.

*shrugs*

Seemed some parallels.