• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reincarnations

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
I am a believer myself from the evidence and teachings of many spiritual types for reincarnation.

The purpose as I understand it is for our soul to grow in wisdom and spirituality through the challenges of the physical plane. The ultimate goal is to understand our spark of consciousness is One with all consciousness. Selfishness should shrink and lovingness should grow each lifetime.
In every cycle there are two possible outcomes. 1. We satisfy or expiate the remnant desire if past lives and move closer to living in alignment with brahman.s desires. 2. We accumulate more unfulfilled desires and steer away from brahman.

rocala

I believe in reincarnation, I just haven't met anyone who I believe really reincarnated yet. Because everyone who has told me so, have all been fabulous. I've met two different people claiming to be Cleopatra, one Marilyn Monroe, one Abraham Lincoln, and one mythological dragon. Now when someone tells me their prior reincarnation was some person who lived an average life, or was a tree or something that I'll believe.
Well, don't give up hope. Over the years I have met numerous believers and not one has claimed to be anyone famous. Generally, what is recalled is fragmentary and not specifically dramatic. The most powerful aspect usually concerns the emotional impact of recalling something. It can stop you in your tracks and is an often unforgettable experience.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Well, don't give up hope. Over the years I have met numerous believers and not one has claimed to be anyone famous. Generally, what is recalled is fragmentary and not specifically dramatic. The most powerful aspect usually concerns the emotional impact of recalling something. It can stop you in your tracks and is an often unforgettable experience.
Yeah, that's pretty much my experience...

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I believe in reincarnation, I just haven't met anyone who I believe really reincarnated yet. Because everyone who has told me so, have all been fabulous. I've met two different people claiming to be Cleopatra, one Marilyn Monroe, one Abraham Lincoln, and one mythological dragon. Now when someone tells me their prior reincarnation was some person who lived an average life, or was a tree or something that I'll believe.
The earth will know when I'm reborn as an alien commander that will invade earth with his galactic invasion force that was on back order!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
@Bharat Jhunjhunwala and @tornbetweentwoworlds

I believe people can reincarnate.

What are your thoughts about reincarnation?

What purposes do you think reincarnation helps with?
Belief is fine but I think the reality of things will continue indifferently. Completely unabated to what ones thought and beliefs are on one's table.

I think at best is educated guesswork including my own take on rebirth as opposed to reincarnation.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
A problem I am grappling with is the nature of moksha. Is it dynamic with brahman. Or is it static. Hindu texts say both things. 1. That brahman DESIRED to become many. 2. He is CONSTANT.
As I see it, moksha is simply Self-realization...realizing the true nature of this person is verily Brahman. Moksha has no more "nature" than waking from a dream does.

Para Brahman is immutable...nirguna...no gender...no desire.

River Sea

A mighty celestial spirit from the heavens once told me, "I have always loved you", a spirit I had never seen or known before, and that's how I know, or at least how I cognize it, that I have lived before this life.

@Aed-Maroc

what is celestial? I might add that to my vocabulary.

I agree with you knowing we're unconditional loved by God. I have a personal relationship with God. I agree with one God.

Have you ever heard of membrane and shechina?
Membrane that we go through, and I'll use @dybmh word shechina.

Have you ever herd about pull through white light tunnel - Have you ever seen white light in people radiate outward, I thought God was white light, @dybmh I think he claims not God but _____ from God. So I'll ask more what is shechina?

God is the Most Great, all praise and glory belongs to God, there is no god worthy of worship except God.

@Aed-Maroc I agree with you worship God (I think by me allowing God teach me is my way of worshiping God, because God feeds me)

Everything seems to point to it, while nothing seem to point to the opposite (non-existence), since atheism and materialisme (belief in body and brain and matter) is falsehood.
I agree that everything seems to point to it, we never go to non-existence. so I agree with you here.

I totally agree and from a Christian "based" perspective. Yep, I'm one of the weird kids. LOL
@Spice what is it like to be a Christian and believing in reincarnation,
There's in this forum other Christians who believe in reincarnation too
@Yokefellow is a Christian and believes in reincarnation too. @tornbetweentwoworlds who's a Christian too, and believing reincarnation; seeing a video from @tornbetweentwoworlds I think he shown himself as an universal Christian.
The short answer is "learning". We learn to be balanced humans by experiencing all sorts of different temporary identities: rich/poor, male/female and so forth. We also get to experience on the human level the scientific principle of action and reaction. If we're kind, then we experience kindness. If we're nasty, well, we learn what nasty feels like as a recipient.
@sun rise I agree with you here, what areas have you notice with action and reaction?

Last edited:

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
@Aed-Maroc

what is celestial? I might add that to my vocabulary.

I agree with you knowing we're unconditional loved by God. I have a personal relationship with God. I agree with one God.

Have you ever heard of membrane and shechina?
Membrane that we go through, and I'll use @dybmh word shechina.

Have you ever herd about pull through white light tunnel - Have you ever seen white light in people radiate outward, I thought God was white light, @dybmh I think he claims not God but _____ from God. So I'll ask more what is shechina?

@Aed-Maroc I agree with you worship God (I think by me allowing God teach me is my way of worshiping God, because God feeds me)

I agree that everything seems to point to it, we never go to non-existence. so I agree with you here.

@Spice what is it like to be a Christian and believing in reincarnation,
There's in this forum other Christians who believe in reincarnation too
@Yokefellow is a Christian and believes in reincarnation too. @tornbetweentwoworlds who's a Christian too, and believing reincarnation; seeing a video from @tornbetweentwoworlds I think he shown himself as an universal Christian.

@sun rise I agree with you here, what areas have you notice with action and reaction?
All over. Jews were killed. Israel was a reaction. Jews are killing. We shall see a reaction. Same at personal level.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
@River Sea -

Are you aware that there are online dictionaries that can provide definitions for words with which you are unfamiliar? There are also multiple resources online and easy to find that provide information, basic and more advanced, about concepts, be they political, religious, historical, scientific or whatever.

River Sea

celestial cow
celestial sky
This side of membrane (one eye RA) because lost an eye. Horus lost his left eye in a struggle with Seth

celestial @Aed-Maroc other side of membrane (heavens two eyes)
A mighty celestial spirit from the heavens once told me, "I have always loved you", a spirit I had never seen or known before, and that's how I know, or at least how I cognize it, that I have lived before this life.

I'll ask you, @RabbiO will you explain more about Shechina?

Regarding the shechina, yes, everything is flowing from the the vessel which is sometimes refered to as "shechina". Everything. Both good and evil. Truth and delusion. All of it is flowing through this vessel. Please remember, light can be both illuminating and blinding. Captivating is not always a good thing. It's actually very very bad if one literally cannot look away and gain some perspective.

Let me reference more from @dybmh

Judaism would assert that it's not the shechina that is nourishing. It would be the divinity from God that is brought to the material world through the vessel of the shechina.

Will you please, @RabbiO teach me more about your knowledge through the vessel of the shechina and maybe also this white light that I drink from and that white light lives in all of us?

Also, @RabbiO your thoughts about reincarnation are: is shechina the white light tunnel that goes through the membrane to celestial and is celestial also on this side of the membrane too, and what is that pull actually? Is that also Shechina? Also, can you teach me how to have a discussion? Show me in this thread, please.

Yes, I use the dictionary often. I was wondering if I could have a discussion in this thread., so I thought of asking questions; it allows the person to feel involved in a conversation. Or so I thought. How do I involve others in a conversation without appearing? I need a dictionary. How do you have a conversation?
Are you aware that there are online dictionaries that can provide definitions for words with which you are unfamiliar? There are also multiple resources online and easy to find that provide information, basic and more advanced, about concepts, be they political, religious, historical, scientific or whatever.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
@dybmh I think he claims not God but _____ from God. So I'll ask more what is shechina?

Right, not God, but a vessel.

Judaism asserts that all of existence is a direct consequence of the partnership of ever-flowing-vitality and vessels.

The shechina is nothing more than a vessel. From the shechina is flowing vitality in the form of divine-will. All of existence is a direct consequence of ever-flowing-vitality through the shechina. Existence = ever-flowing-vitality + shechina. From the finite perspective, both the ever-flowing-vitality and the shechina are perceived as a unity, but, in truth, they are not. The divine-will which is forming the shechina is the same divine-will which is producing the flow of vitality. This simultaneous, synchronous, and mutually sympathetic partnership of the vessel+flow is the reason that the shechina is misunderstood as the One and Only God, a god, or perhaps an angel with a will of its own. It does not have its own will. It is being formed by the One and Only God for the purpose of directing the ever-flowing-vitality ( what you often describe as "light" ) into a material existence.

Because the shechina is the most "proximal" vessel to the material realm, it is the easiest form to use when contemplating divine entities. "Proximal" is in quotes because time and space do not exist beyond the material realm. From the infinite perspective, all is omnipresent and concurrent.

Last edited: