• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

preparing for ramadan

Sakeenah

Assalaamu alaikum,

Ramadan is in less then a month alhamdulilah :)

I thought maybe we can share tips how to prepare for Ramadan.

few tips

-make a dua list

- start reading a certain amount if the Qur'an.and try to increase it. So that in Ramadan you can finish reading the entire Qur'an.

- Ramadan plan: write down things you would like to achieve in Ramadan for example praying taraweeh every night, inviting people over for iftar,increase in dhikr, doing volunteer work etc.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I don't think I need to prepare to it because I live here in Makkah and the surroundings will automatically adopt, but I heard that Prophet Muhammad and the companions fasted a big number of days, or maybe all days, of the prior month of Sha'aban so they could get in the spirit of fasting ~30 days continuously.

It is easy to finish the whole Quran in Ramadan. The number of pages is 604. Reading only 5 pages after each of the 5 main prayers will have the whole Quran read by the end of the month.

Happy Ramadan in advance :)

sule007

Marhaban yaa ramadan !!!
g.png

Sakeenah

I don't think I need to prepare to it because I live here in Makkah and the surroundings will automatically adopt, but I heard that Prophet Muhammad and the companions fasted a big number of days, or maybe all days, of the prior month of Sha'aban so they could get in the spirit of fasting ~30 days contentiously.

It is easy to finish the whole Quran in Ramadan. The number of pages is 604. Reading only 5 pages after each of the 5 main prayers will have the whole Quran read by the end of the month.

Happy Ramadan in advance :)

Thanks for the tip I'll try reading 5 pages after each prayer in stead of 1juz at one time.
Masha Allah you live in makkah it must me wonderful to pray taraweeh in the haram.
Here the work/school routine stays the same so to really benefit from Ramadan we need to think how to work around the routine in regards to extra worship etc.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Yup, doing smaller pieces with rest in between makes it easier as long as it is well organized, and having the five prayers a day that we already follow up regularly and got used to, takes care of needing to have to come up with our own new plan from scratch.

I hear you, MiB. I live in Makkah and the surroundings help me with catching up with those practices, so I do not know how difficult it is for those living in different cultures. However, don't feel bad. You do what you can do and have an honest intention with it, which will make what you miss due to pushing circumstances, God willing, accepted as if it was done. There is a general belief in Islam (there are exception but not related to our discussion) that says deeds are accepted for intentions, and those who intend it, will get it.

Sakeenah

reward of fasting

Every action of the son of Adam is given manifold reward, each good deed receiving then times its like, up to seven hundred times. Allah the Most High said, 'Except for fasting, for it is for Me and I will give recompense for it, he leaves off his desires and his food for Me.' For the fasting person there are two times of joy; a time when he breaks his fast and a time of joy when he meets his Lord, and the smell coming from the mouth of the fasting person is better with Allah than the smell of musk." [Al-Bukhari

Also, Sahl ibn Sa'ad reported that the Prophet, upon whom be peace, said:

"Indeed there is a gate of Paradise called ar-Rayyan. On the day of Resurrection those who fast will enter through it; no one enters it except for them, and when they have entered, it is closed so that no one enters it, so when the last of them enters it, it is closed, and whoever enters it drinks, and whoever drinks never becomes thirsty." [Ibn Khuzaymah. Sahih]

Sakeenah

• The Prophet said, "He who gives food for a fasting person to break his fast, he will receive the same reward as him, except that nothing will be reduced from the fasting persons reward." [Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah, Ibn Hibban. Sahih]. Also, a fasting Muslim should not reject invitation of another Muslim to break fast.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Where I live, in Makkah/Jiddah, it is common for all kinds of people to make charitable breakfast for those less fortunate. Mostly takes place in mosques. Some people even provide the service of doing it for a payment so the two sides; the service provider that does not pay and the client that only pays, get to share making the breakfast. Not everyone can do the labor work nor everyone can pay, so I see it is a good idea for each to do what they can do that if done alone does not help!

Servant_of_the_One1

Masha Allah sister u already made ramadan thread. May Allah bless you.

I want to come closer to the Most Merciful by performing good deeds, attending mosques more, reading quran daily. And continuing this after ramadan.

Sakeenah

Ramadan prep tip: make sure you drink 2 liter of water a day. Start eating nutritious food if you don't do that already. Make sure you take vitamins if you have a shortage. This will help you get easily through the day when fasting

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Prophet Muhammad also advised to delay sahoor (the late meal of the day) as much as possible closer to the first prayer of the day that fasting starts as it calls (the early morning prayer call Fajr) and to not eat and drink too much in it.

Sakeenah

This is a tip I read on productivemuslim.com

In Ramadan : physical sadaqah.get involved in organising community iftars, charity drives. Helping or visiting orphans etc. Earn reward working for others.

How to prepare: see if you have any charity drives in your area and otherwise ask family and friends if they would like to organise it with you.

Sakeenah

1. Preserve your tongue from lying, cursing, backbiting and slander for it decreases the reward of fasting.
  2. Do not let fasting cause you cross your boundaries by getting upset due to the slightest of reasons. Rather, fasting should be a cause of peacefulness and tranquillity of your soul.
  3. Fast Ramadhan with belief and truly seeking the reward of Allah the Most High so that He may forgive you your past sins
SunnahOnline.com - Advice to Muslims in Ramadhan

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
  1. Preserve your tongue from lying, cursing, backbiting and slander for it decreases the reward of fasting.
  2. Do not let fasting cause you cross your boundaries by getting upset due to the slightest of reasons. Rather, fasting should be a cause of peacefulness and tranquillity of your soul.
  3. Fast Ramadhan with belief and truly seeking the reward of Allah the Most High so that He may forgive you your past sins
SunnahOnline.com - Advice to Muslims in Ramadhan

Be careful tho, Those are suppose to be qualities of Muslims all the way, not just in Ramadan and during fasting.

It is true that they hurt fasting, but try to consider doing them in Ramadan as a training with incentive to have them more considered in other days.

God bless you :)

Sakeenah

Be careful tho, Those are suppose to be qualities of Muslims all the way, not just in Ramadan and during fasting.

It is true that they hurt fasting, but try to consider doing them in Ramadan as a training with incentive to have them more considered in other days.

God bless you :)

You are right..being extra mindful during Ramadan can help getting rid of bad habits

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Hello @MuslimaInBlack @Smart_Guy I will definitely be fasting and studying more about the Quran and Islam during Ramadan. I cant wait.

I personally think fasting is a good experience, in both the personal and the social level. It helps with diet and it gives us an understanding of how the poor around the world feel not being able to eat as they please.

Bless you :)