• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

pray for me.

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
I think you need to be a tad subtler. Don't outright bluntly tell him things like that. Just, you know, talk. Don't get in to that crap, and try to build up the relationship from scratch.

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
at the mere age of 13 i told them i was. because i was getting bad grades in religion (ironic) and i needed an excuse, so i said it. my mom thought i was lying, my dad told me not to *brand myself*

i listened, i thanked the heavens for giving me the chance to tell them early so they wont get a heart attack when i would have told them in my twenties. my brother was upstairs and obviously overheard.

he really didnt care. or at least show it. i mean, he obviously had to know, throughout my childhood i was very girlish.

my diary floats around the house, which is private, so my mother knows my obsessive crush on this kid.
i dont call myself homosexual. im just attracted to guys. maybe it will change. who knows. im to young to figure that out. and ive got plenty of other things on my mind, like school, art, veena, friends, volunteering, work, etc.

my brother may think this gay thing is a choice, which is completly untrue.

but the main reason is that he thinks that i think im better than him. condesending. but i really dont think that. i think hes a selfish, short sighted prick at times. but on other occasions, hes a nice older bro. but during that AIM convo, he seemed to have forgotten it all.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Ok with that out of the way.

I think he wants a little distance at this time.

Also, when/if you talk to him next keep it light, try not to go into deep convos. From what I read, he does care for you, he just feels your wanting to hold on to him is constricting, at this moment he has gone far to an extreme, give him a bit of time, months, years, whatever he will eventually come to a moderation.

Also I noticed a tension there, that came out every once in a while through remarks which you should avoid. Things like "you don't know god" need to be avoided. Even if he says stuff you might not like, try not to get (de,of)fensive.

Basically, keep cool and calm, and keep the convo light. Let your brother work his emotions/how he feels/how he wants to incorporate his family into his life out. Eventually it will come down to whether or not he wants a relationship, trying to force him will only widen the gap and may make him give up all together.

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
thx mista emu. i hope it works. thats if he will talk to me. he blocked me, and im very certain he will be deleating any e-mails i sent him.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
No problem, I very sincerely hope it helps, I will be praying for both of you.

If he is deleting the emails you send him, put your messages in the subject :)