• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pope Francis releasing a rock album, really.

dust1n

Zindīq
As you may have heard, Pope Francis is in NYC right now delighting followers and annoying grumpy commuters all over the city. What you may not have heard is that Pope Francis is releasing a pop album. Kind of. It's titled Wake Up! and features "the sacred hymns of the musical Christian tradition reworked by contemporary composers with extracts from Pope Francis' speeches." Spoken in four languages, the music is equally global, with songs ranging from pop, rock and Latin music to Gregorian chants. You can get a taste via "Wake Up! Go! Go! Forward!" which is in anthemic, arena-rock mode. Listen, and check out the Wake Up! tracklist (and its many contributors), below. The LP's out November 27.

Listen to a song here... PLEASE LISTEN.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2015/09/pope_francis_re.html

Sundance

Premium Member
I can dig it so far. The Pope is super cool, releasing a Rock album. Makes me want to become Roman Catholic.

roger1440

I do stuff
As you may have heard, Pope Francis is in NYC right now delighting followers and annoying grumpy commuters all over the city. What you may not have heard is that Pope Francis is releasing a pop album. Kind of. It's titled Wake Up! and features "the sacred hymns of the musical Christian tradition reworked by contemporary composers with extracts from Pope Francis' speeches." Spoken in four languages, the music is equally global, with songs ranging from pop, rock and Latin music to Gregorian chants. You can get a taste via "Wake Up! Go! Go! Forward!" which is in anthemic, arena-rock mode. Listen, and check out the Wake Up! tracklist (and its many contributors), below. The LP's out November 27.

Listen to a song here... PLEASE LISTEN.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2015/09/pope_francis_re.html
Does the album have a choir of little boys?

Jumi

Nothing about the pope surprises me anymore. I'll be more surprised if he makes a dubstep or an extreme metal album.