• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oregon campus shooting

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
it's cowboy age never had an end in USA ?

Just curious why always it's happened in Universities and Schools ?!!!

some poeple are with and other against possession of gun for civilians .

keep some of your "sorry" for next gun crime until guns restricted , if guns restricted these victimes are alive now .

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
it's cowboy age never had an end in USA ?

Just curious why always it's happened in Universities and Schools ?!!!

some poeple are with and other against possession of gun for civilians .

keep some of your "sorry" for next gun crime until guns restricted , if guns restricted these victimes are alive now .
The problem is much bigger than guns. It has much more to do with mental illness and the society as a whole. These events are symptoms of a deeply sick, dying society. Mass shootings are really akin to mini-rebellions or revolutions except they're directed at the wrong people. They're explosions of rage.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
The problem is much bigger than guns. It has much more to do with mental illness and the society as a whole. These events are symptoms of a deeply sick, dying society. Mass shootings are really akin to mini-rebellions or revolutions except they're directed at the wrong people. They're explosions of rage.
It's not just about mental illness ,even normal people when they get angry may lost control and used their guns , as revenge or hate , or drunk ......etc

giving the opportunity to all people to have guns is like , give them more opportunity to kill each other .

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Of course I had to search reddit for actual details rather than actual news networks. Apparently he posted to 4chan. Reading that thread (or any thread on 4chan for that matter) makes a lump of misanthropy swell in my heart.

suncowiam

Addressing mental illness is needed but let me go through the internal dialog of these people:

Hmmm, I feel like killing people today.
I feel like killing A LOT of people today.
What will make this easy for me to do it with?
Should I drive into them with my car?
Should I build a bomb with expertise that I don't have?
Should I use a knife? But I still want to kill lots of people. How many could I theoretically kill before authorities come?
Hmmm, what should I do this with?
What a hard question to ask myself?

Apparently, mentally ill folks aren't ILL enough to not know the BEST tool for the job.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
It's not just about mental illness ,even normal people when they get angry may lost control and used their guns , as revenge or hate , or drunk ......etc

giving the opportunity to all people to have guns is like , give them more opportunity to kill each other .
My point is that this is more than just guns. This is a deep social problem and all this talk about guns is missing the point and is really just a distraction.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
My point is that this is more than just guns. This is a deep social problem and all this talk about guns is missing the point and is really just a distraction.
i know , if society is problem , guns is solution ?

so let's remove the guns , until society become ok

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
i know , if society is problem , guns is solution ?

so let's remove the guns , until society become ok
No, society needs to change. Getting rid of guns won't solve the problem. I don't personally care about guns either way. That whole discussion is a distraction from the real issues that are causing these massacres and I'm tired of people not bothering to actually think about the issue beyond one-dimensional crap. I guess it's denial, really.

I think that Mark Ames is the closest to telling us what the root of the problem is:
http://www.alternet.org/story/24796/a_brief_history_of_rage,_murder_and_rebellion

Last edited:

dust1n

Zindīq
Of course I had to search reddit for actual details rather than actual news networks. Apparently he posted to 4chan. Reading that thread (or any thread on 4chan for that matter) makes a lump of misanthropy swell in my heart.

umpqua-community-college-college-shooting-5-tweets.jpg

Godobeyer

Premium Member

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I know the crimes could done without even guns , but guns is just give more chance to people to kill each other .

i imagine if We Algerian all had guns , so for sure we will had this problem too .
People in healthy, happy societies where people's humanity and dignity are respected don't commit such high levels of mass murders and spree shootings as we have in America, regardless of guns.

dust1n

Zindīq
If anyone is interested, here is the ongoing reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/3n4pw9/active_shooter_reported_at_oregon_college/

Along with the now deleted but archived 4chan thread: https://archive.moe/r9k/thread/22785073/

"The identity of Oregon’s Umpqua Community College shooter has not been revealed, but that hasn’t stopped some 4Chan users from trying to spread rumors. The netizens tried to spark hoaxes by created phony Twitter accounts to fool the media, Ryan Broderick, a deputy global news director at BuzzFeed, tweeted Thursday.

“4chan members are setting up fake Twitter accounts to tweet fake #UCCSHooting suspects at reporters and media orgs,” Roderick wrote. The post was quickly shared dozen of times."

http://www.ibtimes.com/who-oregons-...reportedly-create-fake-gunman-twitter-2123576

Ah, who knew the anonymous kids sharing information on the internet would be substantially less trustworthy than a newspaper...

Godobeyer

Premium Member
People in healthy, happy societies where people's humanity and dignity are respected don't commit such high levels of mass murders and spree shootings as we have in America, regardless of guns.

i am with ban gun , regardless the society healthy or not .

if society is not healthy,so becomes very required to ban guns .