• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

one of the greatest joys in my life

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
..besides my wife and daughter etc, are seeing the butterflies, humming birds, and bees visit my garden.

today for just a few seconds a butterfly and humming bird graced me with their presence. in those few seconds i felt tons of stress and anxiety melt away .

leibowde84

Veteran Member
are beauties all are graced by. wonderful nonetheless, bt the wonder i talk about in the op is only graced by a few and less often...to your list i add storms.
Storms are certainly beautiful. Nature is a great way to escape the stress associated with being a human.

Kirran

Premium Member
To be honest, I have found it possible to feel that feeling of reverence and grace in any visage, or in darkness. But certainly nature is more conducive!

vaguelyhumanoid

I really enjoy clouds, thunderstorms and forests, also swimming in lakes. Crawlstroking strikes me as needlessly exertive - I prefer the backstroke, it's the most meditative. You get complete insulation from sound, lost in an immersive feeling and a repetitive motion, and you can see things in the clouds that aren't visible from the shore.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Butterflies are pretty but they are kinda scary too. I don't mind them and bees visiting my garden though, as long as they don't come toward me, and they usually don't, so it's fine. I like praying mantises, toads, frogs, and turtles more.

One of my favorite things to observe is the moon. It's so romantic. The moon sticks with our planet no matter what. It's so pretty and precious. I love the ocean too, but I rarely get to see it. It's kinda cool that two of my favorite things - the moon and the ocean tides are related. The ocean wouldn't be the same without the moon.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Butterflies are pretty but they are kinda scary too. I don't mind them and bees visiting my garden though, as long as they don't come toward me, and they usually don't, so it's fine. I like praying mantises, toads, frogs, and turtles more.

One of my favorite things to observe is the moon. It's so romantic. The moon sticks with our planet no matter what. It's so pretty and precious. I love the ocean too, but I rarely get to see it. It's kinda cool that two of my favorite things - the moon and the ocean tides are related. The ocean wouldn't be the same without the moon.
Agreed.

vaguelyhumanoid

My favorite insects are bees, dragonflies and ants. I would spend a lot of time watching ants as a kid; their societies are so fascinating.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
My favorite insects are bees, dragonflies and ants. I would spend a lot of time watching ants as a kid; their societies are so fascinating.

I always caught grasshoppers as a child. I'd put them into a jar with a little bottle-lid of water and some grass and would watch them eat the grass. It was cool to see that even bugs have tiny little mouths. Then I'd let them go. I still like praying mantises the most though. They are the only bug I will willingly pick up these days. There are lots of bugs I don't hate, but I'm totally scared of them and don't want to touch them. Some are scarier than others of course. If an ant gets on me, I won't full-on freak out. If a beetle gets on me, the world is over.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
My greatest joy is playing video games and watching cartoons alone in my dark grey painted room with its very faint light without having to go out and meet with people. After that comes fishing all day long, again with no single human being around me.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
..besides my wife and daughter etc, are seeing the butterflies, humming birds, and bees visit my garden.

today for just a few seconds a butterfly and humming bird graced me with their presence. in those few seconds i felt tons of stress and anxiety melt away .

The more responsibility and stress we have, the more we're able to identify the simple pleasures. Unfortunately, you don't really appreciate them until they are a luxury you can no longer take for granted.