• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Old new member??

Pi**ed

Holy moley! I think I finally got in!
I've been a member for ten or twelve years, but my hard drive died and with it all my data/history. When I tried to get back onto RF with a new hard drive I couldn't do it. I couldn't remember my original password. I tried all my usual ones with no luck. I clicked on the "forgot password" but it didn't work. I typed in my email address but got a "You did not complete the CAPTCHA verification properly" -- but there was no CAPTCHA verification there to complete. Your website is broken.
I tried the "contact us" feature but apparently you have to be already logged in for it to work -- again, broken site.
So, I tried re registering with a new name and phoney email address. My name appeared but I couldn't post or anything till I verified my address, which, of course, I couldn't do, nor would the "contact us" work.

So... I made a bunch of real new email addresses and tried registering with those, but that didn't work either. It became a total tangle of "already in use" usernames, passwords and email addresses.

So... now RF is cluttered with a bunch of non-functioning addresses, usernames and passwords all generated by me trying to log on.
This is how I spent my weekend.
But now I've finally got back online -- with a stupid name and an email address I just spent an hour online with a Century Link representative trying to access to verify my registration.

Why is the RF registration process so fraught with pitfalls? Why can you not contact any administrators for help registering till you're already registered?

So, anyway, I'm back. My names, I think, are: seyorni, sey, bacterium, glenn, nowhere, amioderone and Pi**ed. There are various email addresses (that I can't access) and passwords scattered about.
Is there any administrator that can clean up some of this clutter -- and fix this byzantine site?

Harrumph! (my final word)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Re-Greetings!

Have some....
th

Last edited:

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
I remember seyorni, I suggest you use site feedback to contact the administrators.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Holy moley! I think I finally got in!
I've been a member for ten or twelve years, but my hard drive died and with it all my data/history. When I tried to get back onto RF with a new hard drive I couldn't do it. I couldn't remember my original password. I tried all my usual ones with no luck. I clicked on the "forgot password" but it didn't work. I typed in my email address but got a "You did not complete the CAPTCHA verification properly" -- but there was no CAPTCHA verification there to complete. Your website is broken.
I tried the "contact us" feature but apparently you have to be already logged in for it to work -- again, broken site.
So, I tried re registering with a new name and phoney email address. My name appeared but I couldn't post or anything till I verified my address, which, of course, I couldn't do, nor would the "contact us" work.

So... I made a bunch of real new email addresses and tried registering with those, but that didn't work either. It became a total tangle of "already in use" usernames, passwords and email addresses.

So... now RF is cluttered with a bunch of non-functioning addresses, usernames and passwords all generated by me trying to log on.
This is how I spent my weekend.
But now I've finally got back online -- with a stupid name and an email address I just spent an hour online with a Century Link representative trying to access to verify my registration.

Why is the RF registration process so fraught with pitfalls? Why can you not contact any administrators for help registering till you're already registered?

So, anyway, I'm back. My names, I think, are: seyorni, sey, bacterium, glenn, nowhere, amioderone and Pi**ed. There are various email addresses (that I can't access) and passwords scattered about.
Is there any administrator that can clean up some of this clutter -- and fix this byzantine site?

Harrumph! (my final word)
Is this a rationalization for what really happened: revolting called you a poopy head, and upon realizing there was no logical way of proving him wrong (because he was right) you flung your computer from a third story window, only to realize you were addicted and needed an rf fix. Don't worry, happens to me all the time. Glad to here this event allowed you to discover a few pitfalls.

Cheers, and welcome back

Pi**ed

You never know, Smartie -- I could be the poster formerly known as seyorni, or I could be Vladimir Putin.
For now you can just address me as
upload_2015-6-29_18-34-32.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-6-29_18-30-45.png
    upload_2015-6-29_18-30-45.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 81

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Hmm... so I can use a drawing to address you?

Now that's one difficult riddle!

:p

Note:
Emphasis on the second line in my last post... if you catch my drift ;)

Last edited:

Glenn Robinson

Yep -- "the artist formerly known as..."

Now, new issue. I now seem to be logged in as Glenn Robin... Yesterday I couldn't get in here at all and now I'm appearing under multiple aliases. WTF?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Yep -- "the artist formerly known as..."

Now, new issue. I now seem to be logged in as Glenn Robin... Yesterday I couldn't get in here at all and now I'm appearing under multiple aliases. WTF?

Could you check your PMs under the account you started this thread with?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
But where is my original Pi**ed account? It's disappeared. And where do I find my PMs?:confused:

Not sure what you mean by disappeared. All you have to do is log in under that name.

And to check your PMs click on "inbox" at the top right corner of the screen between the username and "alerts".

And I'm starting to wonder if this is really Seyorni . . .

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not sure what you mean by disappeared. All you have to do is log in under that name.
And to check your PMs click on "inbox" at the top right corner of the screen between the username and "alerts".
I sense some mirthful imposter.
Hey, Sey!
A test....
That nite in Vegas, how many were there?
And which one had the peanut butter?

Glenn Robinson

OK, this is turning out to be quite the adventure.I've never been a covert infiltrator before.
I don't usually log in under anything, I just click on my RF "favorite" (Firefox) and I'm in. Or I click on Log in and my username and password are already there.

So, Quagmire. You used to live in a commune. I don't know your current situation, but you used to sleep rough and went to a nearby university library to post. When the Uni started cracking down on non student posters you somehow got status as an instructor or student or something, so still have access to the library computer. I recall some years ago you got a bike, that needed fixing up, I think. You once ran across a troupe of raccoons, I think on your way back to your campsite. If I recall correctly you spent a Winter in Chicago or someplace a while back.
Me, I'm still in Albuquerque and am a RN. I've been on RF for a decade or more, always as Seyorni. My avatar was originally an elderly Gandhi, then I changed it to Curley from the Three Stooges, then to an importunate raccoon.
My regular email is [email protected], but in an effort to get back on RF I generated several more addresses yesterday (which I still don't know how to access without a great deal of clicking around).
Feel free to ask more confirmatory questions. this is rather exciting.:D

How about old members: Do you remember Feathers? or Whereismynotecard and her wiener dogs?(went off to student teach in Ireland and disappeared), How about Michel from Brighton, who was raised in Africa?

Last edited: