• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh Yyyaaayyy!

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
Three landmark buildings in Sarajevo will be completely repaired by the end of this year, bringing to a close the main post-war reconstruction effort.

Once these three buildings are complete, secondary reconstruction will begin. This includes removing bullet holes and shrapnel marks from otherwise undamaged buildings, and thousands of other smaller, aesthetic repairs.

The final three buildings in Sarajevo to be rebuilt following the 1992-1996 siege are:

1. Pizzaria Strosmajerova (background)
1hh1.jpg

2. Parliament of Bosnia and Herzegovina (and associated residences)
2et5.jpg

(Our politicians saved their own "home" for last, nice gesture)

3. City Hall (Vijecnica)
3rd1.jpg

By the end of this year, I'll be able to say: SARAJEVO IS COMPLETELY REBUILT! And it only took us a decade to rebuild an entire city, pretty impressive for a poor country rebuilding structures that were constructed when we were one of the wealthiest corners of the world - I think.

:clap

Buttercup

Veteran Member
That's awesome! What a stunning, gorgeous city. I'm pleased for you that reconstruction is almost finished. So when's the party to celebrate?

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
I'd say the party will be at City Hall. The building has influences of all the people of Bosnia in it. There's the Muslim lace-trellase (sp?) on top, Jewish stars of David in the patterned window screens, Christian crosses in the carvings above the windows, and so on. So that's certainly what they'll save for last. The Pizzeria and the Parliament don't mean as much to people.