• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

multiplayer games on PC?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
In the new year I am going to get myself a nice PC to play games on

I don't use my PS4 as it reminds me of death because the person I brought it off has died plus I have lost the wires that connect it to the controllers

I am particularly keen to have a go on multiplayer games, in my 40 years I have never played in multiplayer on any game

What are good games to do multiplayer on? Or that are exclusively multiplayer?

My brother-in-law says World of Warcraft and that seems OK but honestly it doesn't appeal to me too much although I will probably try it, and I know about Starcraft, I played that many years ago and I don't like it

I would like to cooperate with other players rather than just play against people

Any ideas?

Nimos

I don't use my PS4 as it reminds me of death because the person I brought it off has died plus I have lost the wires that connect it to the controllers

I am particularly keen to have a go on multiplayer games, in my 40 years I have never played in multiplayer on any game

My brother-in-law says World of Warcraft and that seems OK but honestly it doesn't appeal to me too much although I will probably try it, and I know about Starcraft, I played that many years ago and I don't like it

I would like to cooperate with other players rather than just play against people

Any ideas?
If you can play together with him? You could go for survival games like 7 days to die, the Forest 1/2, Baldurs gate 3, there are lots of shooter games where you are on a team at least. League of legends is also team-based very fun as well.

I used to play world of warcraft, it requires a lot of time, it is not a casual game, so if you start on that expect to invest a lot of time in it :D

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I used to play world of warcraft, it requires a lot of time, it is not a casual game, so if you start on that expect to invest a lot of time in it :D
I've been watching videos about it and it seems complex but also fun

It's just that I don't really like fantasy settings, things with elves in them and stuff

I'll ask my brother-in-law about it when I see him at Christmas

I will have a look at those others you mentioned

Nimos

I've been watching videos about it and it seems complex but also fun

It's just that I don't really like fantasy settings, things with elves in them and stuff

I'll ask my brother-in-law about it when I see him at Christmas

I will have a look at those others you mentioned
It's not a difficult game to figure out.

But it is nothing but fantasy creatures :D

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

Any ideas?
What type of games do you like to play?
RPG?
FPS?
Puzzle?
Card?
Board?

pretty much every game genre has a multiplayer version available.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
What type of games do you like to play?
RPG?
FPS?
Puzzle?
Card?
Board?

pretty much every game genre has a multiplayer version available.
I'm looking to take it up more as a social activity than anything else

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Seems to me you really need to ask those you wish to socialize with what games they play
I don't really know anyone who does gaming :(

With the exception of my brother-in-law

He also plays Risk online, I like Risk as a board game so I'll have a go on that

McBell

I don't really know anyone who does gaming :(

With the exception of my brother-in-law

He also plays Risk online, I like Risk as a board game so I'll have a go on that
Bit of a catch 22.

I started playing diablo 4 because I like the previous diablo games.
Since I do not know of anyone I know who plays diablo 4, I just started chatting in game.
I now have a few people I socialize with in the game.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Bit of a catch 22.

I started playing diablo 4 because I like the previous diablo games.
Since I do not know of anyone I know who plays diablo 4, I just started chatting in game.
I now have a few people I socialize with in the game.
Just quickly looked up Diablo 4

It seems interesting will definitely look into it

Erebus

Any ideas?

If you're looking for something cooperative that also gives you a chance to make new friends then MMOs are possibly the best bet. World of Warcraft is incredibly popular and you already know somebody who plays so it's definitely worth giving a try at least. I believe you can play for free up to a certain point so there's no harm in giving it a shot.

I'd also say that Guild Wars 2 is worth looking at as an alternative MMO. It's still a fantasy setting at its core but also has far more sci-fi elements than Warcraft.

McBell

Yes please! :)
Wobbly Life
Elder Scrolls Online
War of Warcraft
Star Wars: The Old Republic Online
Dungeons and Dragons Online
Lord of the Rings Online
Diablo 2, 3, 4
Far Cry 4
Guild Wars 2
Amoung Us
Core Keeper
Fishing Planet
Saints Row: The Third
Terraria
Dayz
Shotgun Farmers
Binding of Isaac: The Rebirth
PUBG (Player Unknown Battlegrounds)
Age of Empires 3
One Arm Cook (my 5 yr old grand daughter loves this game)

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Wobbly Life
Elder Scrolls Online
War of Warcraft
Star Wars: The Old Republic Online
Dungeons and Dragons Online
Lord of the Rings Online
Diablo 2, 3, 4
Far Cry 4
Guild Wars 2
Amoung Us
Core Keeper
Fishing Planet
Saints Row: The Third
Terraria
Dayz
Shotgun Farmers
Binding of Isaac: The Rebirth
PUBG (Player Unknown Battlegrounds)
Age of Empires 3
One Arm Cook (my 5 yr old grand daughter loves this game)
Thank you!

I'm sure that I'll like at least some of those!

Orbit

I'm a planet

Any ideas?
I really liked Diablo and Warcraft.