• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maybe I've come to the right place?

TheSwede

Always been an atheist but had a fascination for religion for some odd reason. I live in an apatheistic society (Sweden). Studied almost 1 year religious studies, but dropped out to become an engineer instead. Still love the subject but don't really have anyone to talk about it with. If you are not studying theology (or similar) or have a degree you can not attend on their evenings. Understandable in my opinion.

Having doing facebooks groups for a couple of years but they are quite terrible. People behave badly there and radikal people tend to gather from everywhere.
So I'm looking for somewhere where things are little more academical.

A place that gets me thinking and I can get others thinking. I love to learn.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Always been an atheist but had a fascination for religion for some odd reason. I live in an apatheistic society (Sweden). Studied almost 1 year religious studies, but dropped out to become an engineer instead. Still love the subject but don't really have anyone to talk about it with. If you are not studying theology (or similar) or have a degree you can not attend on their evenings. Understandable in my opinion.

Having doing facebooks groups for a couple of years but they are quite terrible. People behave badly there and radikal people tend to gather from everywhere.

We are a diverse and yes, you can find the academical approach, but it is not the olny one. :)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Welcome to RF, you should find this place to your liking. I'm also atheist, joined RF over 7 years ago and to the chagrin of some I'm still here. I stay because it's a fun place to be with (generally) nice members. I don't often get involved in religion but there is a good crop of various beliefs here.

Enjoy the debates...

@giphy (2).gif

Pete in Panama

My take is that the only conflict between atheists and others is simply the choosing of conflict over consultation. For me,, the purpose of religion is to reunite people in a search for meaning and the issue of the nature of God is a digresssion. Many religions don't even talk about God yet they still fulfill their function as a religion.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

Salaam and welcome to RF!

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Welcome. You should find that academic element at many levels. It's easy for a discussion to fly over my head, but I reach for them from time to time anyway!
Enjoy!