• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Makers: Women Who Shape America (PBS video series)

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I borrowed my mother's DVDs to watch them. But, you don't have to borrow her DVDs to watch them. Here: Makers: Women Who Make America | Watch Online | PBS Video

A great series of interviews with women who were movers and shakers throughout the entire feminist conversation.

It even featured Phyllis Schlafly, who argued against feminism, as part of the video series and represented her arguments and her supporters as part of the history and shaping of America. Like it or not, she made mega waves for the Conservative Christian movement in the 1980s by helping to pave the way for the Moral Majority.

She'd hate to hear it, but she was enjoying the fruits of feminism from previous generations and was a trail blazer for her community to follow.

If you haven't seen this video series, I recommend them as how feminism and women helped to shape American culture and politics.