• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for a more common path

cookiesmom

Hello. I've walked may different paths, looking for people whose hearts and minds were similar to mine. I;m still looking for that group of people to celebrate faith with, and I'm hoping that talking to people here will help me do that. So, thank you for your conversations, points of view and ideas. They are very much appreciated.

NewGuyOnTheBlock

Cult Survivor/Fundamentalist Pentecostal Apostate
May I suggest that you remain in the DIR forums (same faith debates?) That is where you are free to "celebrate faith" with like-minded people. Choose other forums, and your faith will undoubtedly be challenged.

Welcome to Religious Forums.

cookiesmom

May I suggest that you remain in the DIR forums (same faith debates?) That is where you are free to "celebrate faith" with like-minded people. Choose other forums, and your faith will undoubtedly be challenged.

Welcome to Religious Forums.
Thank you for the words of warning. I'll keep them in mind.

cookiesmom

Have you ever tried your own inner path, instead of following everyone else's path ?.
Yes. I am looking for a community to practice and celebrate my faith with. I do not believe we are meant to do this alone. I've been though many things in my life and, even though the community with which I was doing this was not a very good fit, I was grateful for the support and love of a community. If a community where I didn't feel like a really fit could give me the love, hope, support, comfort and strength that was there for me, I believe a community where I feel I do fit can only give me that much more.

Treks

Cookiesmon

You sing the song of the eternal seeker; the free thinker with faith, who sees the inconsistent and the beautiful in each religion, can accept no one religion because of it's inconsistencies, and can accept the beauty in each, which leaves you as an anomaly with no real place to fit.

There are so many of us, we really ought to group together and start our own community where plurality of beliefs, celebrating that plurality and acceptance of each other is core.

Crap, have I just described Unitarian Universalism?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Yes. I am looking for a community to practice and celebrate my faith with. I do not believe we are meant to do this alone. I've been though many things in my life and, even though the community with which I was doing this was not a very good fit, I was grateful for the support and love of a community. If a community where I didn't feel like a really fit could give me the love, hope, support, comfort and strength that was there for me, I believe a community where I feel I do fit can only give me that much more.
Yes I have been in such communities, but it just never worked our for me personally, they wanted me to think like them and never liked me having my own opinions, so I left, the best thing I have eve done, but good luck with your choice.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Hello. I've walked may different paths, looking for people whose hearts and minds were similar to mine. I;m still looking for that group of people to celebrate faith with, and I'm hoping that talking to people here will help me do that. So, thank you for your conversations, points of view and ideas. They are very much appreciated.

Welcome aboard :D

I'm Muslim and looking for the same in a Muslim country and can't find too many people fitting.

My point is, don't let it bother you much. Keep looking with resolve :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
How did I miss this thread earlier?
Greetings!

Today's free grub....
th