• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

like anyone is really going to be suprised at this.

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
Idk, she might be alright. I think Republicans are gonna have a hard time uniting behind somebody this time around, but I guess they will eventually.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
Considering she's only slightly to the left of the GOP, I'd have to say no.

I want a really progressive candidate to run, but I'll settle for Warren or Sanders.

MD

qualiaphile
There will be a war with Syria if she wins, the Shias will be demolished and the jihadists will become even more powerful.

I honestly don't know what to say, it saddens me greatly to know that another war with ground troops is on the horizon. I think another 20 years of Obama is needed to put America on the right track.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Idk, I don't know enough about her policies, but she isn't the person I would vote for. Personally would prefer neither a Dem or Repub candidate, but we all know that will never actually happen. Not this time around and probably not any time soon.

Laika

Premium Member
nay. I want a Woman President of the United States, but I want it to be because the people of the United States chose it. If 2016 became a race between Hilary Clinton and Jeb Bush and either one of them won, it would be the final proof that the US is no longer a democracy but belongs to the one percent who orchestrate the electoral and legislative process from behind the scenes.
I hope there is a Democratic candidate who can CRUSH her in to the dust and show that democracy is not stage managed by campaign finance, lobbyists and media spin that election outcomes are "inevitable". I want the people to speak loud and clear and say NO! This is not the advance of women's rights; this is fascism with a feminist facade. With Obama, there was actually a chance that he represented the people and could bring change because he was an outsider. Reducing the presidency to a "collect them all" attitude to minorities is the worst form of egalitarianism and plays directly into the hands of plutocrats who are trying to sell decaying institutions to the public rather than actually dealing with the real issues.

Go for broke! How about Asian or Atheist! lets have an atheist run for president and restore the separation of church and state. How about a happily married Lesbian? Can the US please pass a constitutional amendment which forbids a hereditary or nepotist presidency as a gross subversion of Republican system of government! Do away with the electoral collage whilst you're at it and break up the two-party system as well.

Thank God I'm not a US Citizen because I find the idea of "Hilary for President" so deeply insulting.

Marisa

Go for broke! How about Asian or Atheist! lets have an atheist run for president and restore the separation of church and state.
I would love to see this happen as well, but I think it will have to start with re-seating the Supreme Court. A friend of mine suggested that SCOTUS judges should be appointed for the first term, and then elected thereafter. I think that sounds like a good way to give the axe to judges who talk to demons behind the potted plants in their office, and who clearly rule from their holy book as opposed to the Constitution.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
There are (IMO compelling) candidates to the left of Hillary, they just won't likely be running on the democratic ticket.
You raise a good point. Much depends on the qualities and characteristics that constitute 'compelling' for someone. For me, an impossible candidate is not a compelling one.

Marisa

You raise a good point. Much depends on the qualities and characteristics that constitute 'compelling' for someone. For me, an impossible candidate is not a compelling one.
I'm kind of torn between wanting my vote to count, and using my vote to show the 2 party system isn't working. LOL

Marisa

There was a time in my life when I fully agreed with the latter.
It seems like every year the GOP trots out a group of potentials and picks a candidate that makes it harder and harder for me to vote for a candidate like me, rather than holding my nose and voting for someone who's at least where I am socially. LOL