• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kerry Supports Iraq war, Patriot Act

Did you know that the platform on which John Kerry is running supports the Iraq War and the Patriot Act? Here is an interesting article from a website that supports third parties and doesn't like the Democrats or the Republicans. It contains some very harsh criticism of the Democrats' new Presidential platform, but some good facts and insights. http://www.progress.org/2004/demo09.htm

Kerry, like Gore, may turn into a "Bush Lite" this election. I wonder if Americans will vote for someone who is running on basically continuing/expanding upon many of the main policies of the previous administration, including expanding the military, keeping troops in Iraq 'as long as it takes', and expanding the powers of the Patriot Act.

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
kerry keeps changing his mind. i really really dont want him for president, ill rather have bush. lol. i kno, all kerry does is go against bush, then he changes his mind. sheesh, what does he stand for?

BIG gibb

if he will keep it the same im sure he wouldnt make another stupid war up because he doesnt have a dad that has pull with the CIA...

Yerda

Veteran Member
This thread made me think of the state of British politics. The labour party always represented the working man, but the Conservative party had been in government for so long that Labour reinvented itself. The labour party led by the wonderful Mr. Blair then won the election and proceeded to assume the role the Coservative party, but has taken Conservative policies further than the Conservative party ever tried (or imagined possible without riots I'd wager).

Not quite the same thing but some interesting parallels I think. It is also what is happening all over Europe say some writers. The idea is that instead of fanancial, corporate interests backing the party that they have long established and pretty much organic bonds to, they are buying the opposition, sorry 'funding' the opposition. It's not like Conservatives are going to champion the workers all of a sudden. Quite worrying.

Phoenix

kerry keeps changing his mind. i really really dont want him for president, ill rather have bush. lol. i kno, all kerry does is go against bush, then he changes his mind. sheesh, what does he stand for?
I'd rather have a president with the capability of changing his mind than one who is steadfast in beliefs which I think suck.

"At the end, the new official Party platform calls for expanding the powers of the Patriot Act (by giving the U.S. federal government even more power to investigate financial records and transactions)"

That's not really supporting the Patriot Act. And I believe this article deals more with the Democratic Party in general and the candidate Dennis Kucinich instead of Kerry and his beliefs.

bob

I would wonder how people would react if someone like Emma Goldman, or maybe even Nicola Sacco.

The far left is always the most hated.

Melody

<<Kerry, like Gore, may turn into a "Bush Lite" this election.>>

Too funny. I've often said that Kerry is actually "Baby Bush"

Melody