• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

James D Albright Salvation Testimony

jamesdalbright

I, James D. Albright was born again in the spring of 1990 as I was sitting on the couch in my house. As I was thinking,” Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shall be saved" Jesus Christ manifested Himself in His Spirit and I was completely surrounded by His Holiness and His joy. Exactly at that moment I saw a vision of my own eyes opening which is when I had believed that Jesus Christ died and raised again for the forgiveness of my sins. Then I saw a vision of what looked like a double helix enter my body through the top of my head and Jesus Christ's joy that was surrounding me began bubbling with in me. At the time I did not understand what was happening, since no one had taught me about the baptism with the Holy Spirit; so I stood up to see if His joy, one of the fruits of His Holy Spirit, would remain inside me. His joy remained and continues today. Jesus Christ Himself had just baptized me with His Holy Spirit of promise from His throne in heaven at exactly the moment I had believed. Then I was shown in a vision, about four feet above the floor in the room where I was standing what looked like the glitter of sunlight reflecting on top of water but with out the water. I knew that I had just been saved and because of the joy of the Holy Spirit I was experiencing I said out loud, "Wow, if this is what being saved is like this is great". I then left my house and went to the construction site where I was building an addition and as soon as I got out of my truck Jesus Christ's Holy Spirit empowered me, just as it occurred on Pentecost, and I began witnessing His utterances to the workers on the job site. I knew then that I had just been saved by Jesus Christ. Later on as I was reading the scripture: (Phil 4:5) Let your forbearing spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near., the Holy Spirit opened up my understanding that the double helix that I had seen enter me was when Jesus baptized me with His Holy Spirit. As Jesus Christ wrote to us: (Eph 1:13-14) In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation-- having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, {14} who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God's own possession, to the praise of His glory. At another time Jesus gave me understanding that the vision I had seen of my eyes opening was exactly the moment He had saved me or when I had believed. (2 Cor 6:2) for He says, "AT THE ACCEPTABLE TIME I LISTENED TO YOU, AND ON THE DAY OF SALVATION I HELPED YOU"; behold, now is "THE ACCEPTABLE TIME," behold, now is "THE DAY OF SALVATION"-- When Jesus Christ baptized me with His Holy Spirit He sealed me for the day of His resurrection of the righteous.

With respect to the visions Jesus showed me on the day He saved me; He teaches us in 1Cor 13:8-12, that visions and all spiritual gifts will be present until His coming which is when the perfect occurs which is when we are face to face with Jesus Christ. As it is written: (1 Cor 13:8-12) Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away. {9} For we know in part, and we prophesy in part; {10} but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away. {11} When I was a child, I used to speak as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things. {12} For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I shall know fully just as I also have been fully known. Jesus still uses His heavenly gifts as He testifies to us by the visions He showed me when He saved me. AMEN!!!