• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iti's first harvest

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
This is my first harvest. Its lettuce and radishes. We split the harvest with another family in the apartment building. We fully cleared the patch where this was growing. In its place we planted a row of cos lettuce, a row of arugula, a row of mesclun mix, a row of of radishes and a patch of spinach on the side.

Attachments

• 20150517_104505.jpg
    20150517_104505.jpg
    675.8 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

Deidre

This is my first harvest. Its lettuce and radishes. We split the harvest with another family in the apartment building. We fully cleared the patch where this was growing. In its place we planted a row of cos lettuce, a row of arugula, a row of mesclun mix, a row of of radishes and a patch of spinach on the side.

Nice!!

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
This is a shared/community garden project? We need more of those about. :D

*is conspiring to destroy all lawn grass and replace it with something useful, native, and/or sustainable*

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
This is my first harvest. Its lettuce and radishes.
Did anyone explain why you plant carrots in the row with radishes? Or tomatoes along with lettuce?

Fast growing cool weather crops can be harvested while the more hot weather crops are just getting under way.
I always plant marigolds in with my tomatoes. They look good and keep out bugs.
I live in Indiana, YMMV.
Tom

Iti oj

Premium Member
This is a shared/community garden project? We need more of those about. :D

*is conspiring to destroy all lawn grass and replace it with something useful, native, and/or sustainable*
Yeah the wife and I got a neighbor family involved. Lovely Pakistani family with 3 kids who now don't wont to leave us alone. Its nice to have an opportunity to inspire the children about gardening. As you can see I too am working on the very same goal. I see the law in between the apartment builds mostly wasted space. children play in some of them which is cool.

Last edited:

Iti oj

Premium Member
Did anyone explain why you plant carrots in the row with radishes? Or tomatoes along with lettuce?

Fast growing cool weather crops can be harvested while the more hot weather crops are just getting under way.
I always plant marigolds in with my tomatoes. They look good and keep out bugs.
I live in Indiana, YMMV.
Tom
I know bits and pieces of that stuff I'm still trying to learn any help would be appreciated.