• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam is not a religion of terror. Is it?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Please focus on the following points.
  1. Islam has been reformed under the Ahmadiyya and is one of the fastest spreading religious community in the world.
  2. Ahmadiyya or true Islam has peacefully spread in about 206 countries/territories of the world. In about 150 years Ahmadiyya are already more than the Zoroastrians and perhaps the Judaism people, no disrespect intended to anybody.
  3. if one is truthful one would increase despite the opposition, persecution and killings done by the opponents.
  4. Ahmadiyya Muslims follow teachings of Quran as did Muhammad follow. In fact Ahmadiyya follow in Muhammad’s footsteps.
  5. Those who doubt that Islam spread peacefully in times of Muhammad they should focus on spread of Ahmadiyya true Islam, If it has happened now peacefully, it should be a clear sign for the doubtful that Islam spread peacefully in times of Muhammad.
Islam in not, repeat not, repeat not a religion of terror.
Regards

David1967

Premium Member
  1. Islam has been reformed under the Ahmadiyya and is one of the fastest spreading religious community in the world.
  2. Ahmadiyya or true Islam has peacefully spread in about 206 countries/territories of the world. In about 150 years Ahmadiyya are already more than the Zoroastrians and perhaps the Judaism people, no disrespect intended to anybody.
  3. if one is truthful one would increase despite the opposition, persecution and killings done by the opponents.
  4. Ahmadiyya Muslims follow teachings of Quran as did Muhammad follow. In fact Ahmadiyya follow in Muhammad’s footsteps.
  5. Those who doubt that Islam spread peacefully in times of Muhammad they should focus on spread of Ahmadiyya true Islam, If it has happened now peacefully, it should be a clear sign for the doubtful that Islam spread peacefully in times of Muhammad.
Regards
I agree with you friend. Islam is not a religion of terror. It is sad that some twist its meaning. Salam my friend.

cambridge79

Just curious, when they say islam is the fastest growing religion, are Muslims actually converting people at the fastest rate or are they simply outbreeding the others?
If it was just a question of having more childrens I wouldn't find anything remarkable in it, I mean childrens believe literally anything you tell them

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Regards

Number 5 would only be true if we could know, without any possible doubt, there is no difference between Mohamed's Islam and Ahmadiyya. Unless you've got a time-machine tucked away somewere, that's going to be an impossible question, and a pointless one.

Tumah

Veteran Member
It looks like what you should have said was Ahmadiyya Islam, a reformation sect of Islam, is not a religion of terror. You aren't saying anything here about Sunni, Shi'ite, Kharijite, Wahabi, or Sufi at all.
Its not even clear if you're talking about Lahore Ahmadiyya or plain Ahmadiyya. Maybe both?

It seems kind of misleading to relate to the entire religion after a few bullet points that are true of one of the smallest sects of Islam.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
may i point to the fact that all the religions that induce you to believe in them because if you don't you'll spend all eternity in hell in pain and agony are, in fact, religions of terror.

That a fact, is it? So I should arrest the Pope on terror charges? You feel free to define 'terrorism' however you like, but don't mind me if I don't consider your definition 'fact'.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
There are probably more Muslims in, say, Pakistan, who support the beliefs of ISIS than Muslims who believe Ahmadiyyas are Muslim. So what does that say about the state of the religion?

In my opinion it suggests that there are too many a**holes who follow various Islamic beliefs. But I wouldn't say Islam is a religion of a**holes.

cambridge79

That a fact, is it? So I should arrest the Pope on terror charges? You feel free to define 'terrorism' however you like, but don't mind me if I don't consider your definition 'fact'.

aren't you terrorized by the idea of hell ( well of course assuming that you believe in it )? Isn't the very purpose of hell to terrorize people?
don't you think a medieval man would end up scared to death after seing this?

Giotto-Il-Giudizio-Universale.jpg

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
aren't you terrorized by the idea of hell? don't you think a medieval man would end up scared to death after seing this?

Giotto-Il-Giudizio-Universale.jpg

I'm making an assumption with regards to the OP, and I'll admit I might be mistaken on that assumption.
My assumption is that he talking about terror in terms of 'terrorist acts', rather than 'Does Islam instill a fear of God in believers'.

If your point is more around whether Muslims are 'God-fearing', in the sense that some Christians would describe themselves, then that is perhaps a different consideration.

Incidentally, for a Muslim to have seen the painting you have listed here, he would have had to travel to Renaissance Italy. Whether he'd be terrorized or not by it might relate to his understanding of the Catholic Church, I guess, since Giotto was no Muslim, and it's taken from a series of paintings done within a Christian chapel.

Jedster

It looks like what you should have said was Ahmadiyya Islam, a reformation sect of Islam, is not a religion of terror. You aren't saying anything here about Sunni, Shi'ite, Kharijite, Wahabi, or Sufi at all.
Its not even clear if you're talking about Lahore Ahmadiyya or plain Ahmadiyya. Maybe both?

It seems kind of misleading to relate to the entire religion after a few bullet points that are true of one of the smallest sects of Islam.

That's true it's like saying that Abdul HadiPalazzi(or any of the other Muslim supporters of Israel) represents Islam.
http://www.templemount.org/quranland.html

Sees

Dragonslayer
Did Islam often spread terror to the people who criticized it or stood in its way since the days of Medina/large enough force?

Were there specific instructions to strike fear into the hearts of disbelievers?

Were there warnings about the days when disbelievers no longer fear the Muslims because the Muslims have become weak and impious?

gnostic

The Lost One

Yes.

Considering that the Sunni make up to about 87-90% of the Muslim world population and the Ahmadiyya Muslims only a fraction of one percent, it is not really a "reform".

gnostic

The Lost One
And, yes. The thread's subject line is misleading, when you consider that the Ahmadiyya Islam don't represent all of "Islam".

He should change the topic to "Ahmadiyya Islam is not a religion of terror".