• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there a complete list of countries where Islam spread by the sword?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I disagree, I think it is very clear that in many cases Islamic governments have enacted policies and engendered the development of social environments in which there were material and/or social advantages to conversion to Islam. I have addressed much of this in this thread.
You are always welcome to disagree with me, after all one is entitled to have one's own opinion, yet the reality is different.
Please provide a complete with consensus list of all countries where Islam spread by the sword only, as I have requested couple of times from the friends here.
Regards

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
We are discussing here spread of Islam, not of Christianity. One is always welcome to open another thread for Christianity, if one likes. Please
Regards
No. You're playing favorites. You are intentionally sweeping Islamic atrocities under the rug, claiming there is a difference between "Political" and "Religious" expansion. That's bull****. Until extremely recently, politics & religion were intertwined to the point of being inseparable.

Grow up.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
You are always welcome to disagree with me, after all one is entitled to have one's own opinion, yet the reality is different.
Please provide a complete with consensus list of all countries where Islam spread by the sword only, as I have requested couple of times from the friends here.
Regards
Wallachia, Bosnia, Serbia, Croatia, Hungary, Ukraine, Turkey, Egypt, Persia, the Caucus, Central Asia, Pakistan, India.

I can go on. Do you want me to go on?

Kirran

Premium Member
Regards

And I said that examples of where all converts to Islam converted at the pain of death by sword are non-existent. Obviously. There's a lot of grey in between the black and white you're on about here.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Wallachia, Bosnia, Serbia, Croatia, Hungary, Ukraine, Turkey, Egypt, Persia, the Caucus, Central Asia, Pakistan, India.
I can go on. Do you want me to go on?
We would like the complete with consensus list of all countries where Islam spread by the sword only, with evidences of that times, you may finish when the list is complete. Please
Regards

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Then how does one know that they were converted to Islam only with the sword?
Regards
Because previously in North Africa, there were no Arabs there. Afterwards, there were only Arabs and Arab-descendants. I'm sure you can piece together what happened. In the case of Central Asia, we have records from the Mongols regarding the goings-on. The people were expected to take up Islam or they would be refused hunting grounds. For a Nomadic people, that was a death sentence.

Also, I find it interesting you're only contending North Africa & Central Asia. Are you accepting the reality of what happened elsewhere, then?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Because previously in North Africa, there were no Arabs there. Afterwards, there were only Arabs and Arab-descendants. I'm sure you can piece together what happened. In the case of Central Asia, we have records from the Mongols regarding the goings-on. The people were expected to take up Islam or they would be refused hunting grounds. For a Nomadic people, that was a death sentence.
Also, I find it interesting you're only contending North Africa & Central Asia. Are you accepting the reality of what happened elsewhere, then?

Well that is no argument.
They became Muslims on their own accord and learnt to speak Arabic and adopted the Arabic culture-the "modern and most civilised of that times.
"Arabization or Arabisation (Arabic: تعريب‎ taʻrīb) describes either a forced conquest of a non-Arab area and migration of Arab settlers into the new domain or a growing Arab influence on non-Arab populations, causing a gradual adoption of Arabic language and/or incorporation of Arab culture and Arab identity. It was most prominently achieved during the 7th century Arabian Muslim conquests, in which Arab armies were followed by massive tribal migration into the Muslim-occupied territories across Middle East and North Africa, spreading the Arabic culture, language, and in some cases Arab identity upon conquered nations. Arabian Muslims, as opposed to Arab Christians, brought the religion of Islam to the lands they conquered. The result: some elements of Arabian origin combined in various forms and degrees with elements taken from conquered civilizations and ultimately denominated "Arab". The Arabization continued also in modern times, being aggressively carried by the Ba'athist regimes of Iraq[1] and Syria, the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Sudan,[2] Mauritania, Algeria[2] and Libya, enforcing policies of expanding colonial Arab settlements, expulsion of non-Arab minorities and in some cases enforcement of Arab identity and culture upon non-Arab populations. Some also described the aggressive expansion and persecution of non-Arab minorities by the Arab-dominated terror group Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant as Arabization.[3]

After the rise of Islam in Hejaz, Arab culture and language spread through conquest, trade and intermarriage of the non-Arab local population with the Arabs - in Egypt, Syria, Palestine andSudan. The Arabic language became common across these areas; dialects also formed. Although Yemen is traditionally held to be the homeland of Arabs, most[4][5] of the Yemeni population did not speak Arabic (but instead South Semitic languages) prior to the spread of Islam. The influence of Arabic has also been profound in many other countries, whose cultures have been influenced by Islam. Arabic was a major source of vocabulary for languages as diverse as Berber, Indonesian, Tagalog, Malay, Maltese, Persian, Punjabi, Sindhi, Somali, Swahili, Turkish,Urdu, Bengali, Spanish as well as other languages in countries, where these languages are spoken; a process that reached its high point in the 10th to the 14th centuries, the high point of Arabic culture, and although many of Arabic words have fallen out of use since, many still remain. For example, the Arabic word for book /kita:b/ is used in all the languages listed, apart from Malay, Somali, and Indonesian (where it specifically means "religious book")."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabization
Regards

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Well that is no argument.
They became Muslims on their own accord and learnt to speak Arabic and adopted the Arabic culture-the "modern and most civilised of that times.
"Arabization or Arabisation (Arabic: تعريب‎ taʻrīb) describes either a forced conquest of a non-Arab area and migration of Arab settlers into the new domain or a growing Arab influence on non-Arab populations, causing a gradual adoption of Arabic language and/or incorporation of Arab culture and Arab identity. It was most prominently achieved during the 7th century Arabian Muslim conquests, in which Arab armies were followed by massive tribal migration into the Muslim-occupied territories across Middle East and North Africa, spreading the Arabic culture, language, and in some cases Arab identity upon conquered nations. Arabian Muslims, as opposed to Arab Christians, brought the religion of Islam to the lands they conquered. The result: some elements of Arabian origin combined in various forms and degrees with elements taken from conquered civilizations and ultimately denominated "Arab". The Arabization continued also in modern times, being aggressively carried by the Ba'athist regimes of Iraq[1] and Syria, the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Sudan,[2] Mauritania, Algeria[2] and Libya, enforcing policies of expanding colonial Arab settlements, expulsion of non-Arab minorities and in some cases enforcement of Arab identity and culture upon non-Arab populations. Some also described the aggressive expansion and persecution of non-Arab minorities by the Arab-dominated terror group Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant as Arabization.[3]

After the rise of Islam in Hejaz, Arab culture and language spread through conquest, trade and intermarriage of the non-Arab local population with the Arabs - in Egypt, Syria, Palestine andSudan. The Arabic language became common across these areas; dialects also formed. Although Yemen is traditionally held to be the homeland of Arabs, most[4][5] of the Yemeni population did not speak Arabic (but instead South Semitic languages) prior to the spread of Islam. The influence of Arabic has also been profound in many other countries, whose cultures have been influenced by Islam. Arabic was a major source of vocabulary for languages as diverse as Berber, Indonesian, Tagalog, Malay, Maltese, Persian, Punjabi, Sindhi, Somali, Swahili, Turkish,Urdu, Bengali, Spanish as well as other languages in countries, where these languages are spoken; a process that reached its high point in the 10th to the 14th centuries, the high point of Arabic culture, and although many of Arabic words have fallen out of use since, many still remain. For example, the Arabic word for book /kita:b/ is used in all the languages listed, apart from Malay, Somali, and Indonesian (where it specifically means "religious book")."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabization
Regards

Mate, are you serious? Your own Wikipedia citation references the spread of Islam & Arab culture as being the result of both peace and violence. The very link you quote from argues the point of view you're trying and failing to disprove!!

"Your own Wikipedia reference" said:
Arabization or Arabisation (Arabic: تعريب‎ taʻrīb) describes either a forced conquest of a non-Arab area and migration of Arab settlers into the new domain or a growing Arab influence on non-Arab populations, causing a gradual adoption of Arabic language and/or incorporation of Arab culture and Arab identity. It was most prominently achieved during the 7th century Arabian Muslim conquests, in which Arab armies were followed by massive tribal migration into the Muslim-occupied territories across Middle East and North Africa, spreading the Arabic culture, language, and in some cases Arab identity upon conquered nations. Arabian Muslims, as opposed to Arab Christians, brought the religion of Islam to the lands they conquered.