• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm Cold

Onasander

I could spare you some of the skull cracking
heat of Singapore noon.
I've done hotter. I have a passionate hatred of all things hot and cold. I liked the weather in Hawaii when I lived in Waimanelo but it was too perfect (a place called Eden was a block down from me, tried to recreate the garden of eden) and yet the food scarcity on Oahu was terrible. They only have a 9 day supply of food for everyone if a emergency happens. Then it's starvation on Oahu. So I left.

Audie

Veteran Member
I've done hotter. I have a passionate hatred of all things hot and cold. I liked the weather in Hawaii when I lived in Waimanelo but it was too perfect (a place called Eden was a block down from me, tried to recreate the garden of eden) and yet the food scarcity on Oahu was terrible. They only have a 9 day supply of food for everyone if a emergency happens. Then it's starvation on Oahu. So I left.
I'm terrible in cold weather.
I get cold so easily.

Uni in NYC was pretty miserable winters.

( I've been in Fairbanks in January!)

But I'm from Hong Kong and the hot humidity weather
is what I'm adapted to.
So I'm good with Singapore, even if it gets
to be a bit much sometimes.

Onasander

I sweat like crazy in hot humidity. Pittsburgh is the same latitude as NYC. And Madrid, and Shanghai. And Bari, Italy. People don't realize how far south we are. It gets continental heat and humidity, not coastal weather..... unless you consider lake effect blizzard snow.

I really hope this job holds together till spring, my boss is wacky. I don't really want to wake up in three feet of snow and march to a gym to shower, then hit a laundry mat and go to a storage place to drop that stuff off and ride a bus to work and then repeat over and over again, getting 5-6 hours sleep to avoid being seen during daylight, while maintaining a crappy job somewhere. Was fun in my twenties back packing, or doing army stuff, not too thrilled with it now. But I definitely know how to stay warm. I don't know how to stay cool that well. I just sweat.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I sweat like crazy in hot humidity. Pittsburgh is the same latitude as NYC. And Madrid, and Shanghai. And Bari, Italy. People don't realize how far south we are. It gets continental heat and humidity, not coastal weather..... unless you consider lake effect blizzard snow.

I really hope this job holds together till spring, my boss is wacky. I don't really want to wake up in three feet of snow and march to a gym to shower, then hit a laundry mat and go to a storage place to drop that stuff off and ride a bus to work and then repeat over and over again, getting 5-6 hours sleep to avoid being seen during daylight, while maintaining a crappy job somewhere. Was fun in my twenties back packing, or doing army stuff, not too thrilled with it now. But I definitely know how to stay warm. I don't know how to stay cool that well. I just sweat.
Damn man, if you're going to be living like that why not move out here to California?

I'm in Santa Barbara and it's room temperature most of the year. Rains a bit in the winter, but nothing like what you guys get back east.

Onasander

I did live in San Francisco. I was a member of about 30 philosophy groups there. I was born in CA but have a special hatred of it too. I knew security guards who had to live on the Amtrak trains to live (they rode out to Sacramento and back to San Francisco on a night train, paid 200 bucks a month). Plus the insult of paying for a guard card to have the privilege of not having a living wage. My last time there was the last time I want to visit. It's not set up for humans.

I lost everything in April and have been trying to get my head together and rebuild enough to get a van and then move out to DC, so I can regularly visit the library of congress. I don't want to live on a beach in Santa Monica like a friend I used to have did till he got old. I rather a low profile and make my own way. Its a bad way in california precisely because it is so easy to survive with the benifits. But still, snow really pisses me off. Alot. My job is unstable and pay is crap so I'm gonna be tense till spring breaks. By late April I'll likely open up and will be happy. I could easily take a job at a place like McDonalds and make enough in a few months for a used mini van. Then shuffle off to DC. I want access to those books. I've waited years but was stuck helping take care of others.

Audie

Veteran Member
I did live in San Francisco. I was a member of about 30 philosophy groups there. I was born in CA but have a special hatred of it too. I knew security guards who had to live on the Amtrak trains to live (they rode out to Sacramento and back to San Francisco on a night train, paid 200 bucks a month). Plus the insult of paying for a guard card to have the privilege of not having a living wage. My last time there was the last time I want to visit. It's not set up for humans.

I lost everything in April and have been trying to get my head together and rebuild enough to get a van and then move out to DC, so I can regularly visit the library of congress. I don't want to live on a beach in Santa Monica like a friend I used to have did till he got old. I rather a low profile and make my own way. Its a bad way in california precisely because it is so easy to survive with the benifits. But still, snow really pisses me off. Alot. My job is unstable and pay is crap so I'm gonna be tense till spring breaks. By late April I'll likely open up and will be happy. I could easily take a job at a place like McDonalds and make enough in a few months for a used mini van. Then shuffle off to DC. I want access to those books. I've waited years but was stuck helping take care of others.
Such different lives.