• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm an Idiot... by vulcanlogician

vulcanlogician

I'm an Idiot

Every bridge I crossed, I burned.
Every pointless lesson out there I learned.
Every important lesson I forgot.
And now I got less and I got not.

I'm an idiot.
I can't think right.
I can't feel right. I don't know right.
And I don't soul right.

I read books like up and down.
But I don't have any knowledge sound.
I read a lot of things.
But I don't know what those things really bring.

I'm an idiot.
I can't think right.
And I don't soul right.

I think thoughts all over town.
I think upright, left, up, and down.
I'll think right through your fallacies.
But what's it ever gotten me?

I'm an idiot.
I can't think right.
And I don't soul right.

I'm an idiot.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I'm an Idiot

Every bridge I crossed, I burned.
Every pointless lesson out there I learned.
Every important lesson I forgot.
And now I got less and I got not.

I'm an idiot.
I can't think right.
And I don't soul right.

I read books like up and down.
But I don't have any knowledge sound.
I read a lot of things.
But I don't know what those things really bring.

I'm an idiot.
I can't think right.
And I don't soul right.

I think thoughts all over town.
I think upright, left, up, and down.
I'll think right through your fallacies.
But what's it ever gotten me?

I'm an idiot.
I can't think right.
And I don't soul right.

I'm an idiot.

You sound kind of like an INTJ, complete with the unrest and the questioning.

I'm not sure on that, I'll just say that I've met many INTJ's.

I'm an INFP, so I guess I don't have to worry about "soul"ing right, at least.

Bird123

Sometimes there is just a hairline between an idiot and a Genius!! Are you sure having learned all those lessons you have not crossed the line????????

vulcanlogician

You sound kind of like an INTJ, complete with the unrest and the questioning.

I'm not sure on that, I'll just say that I've met many INTJ's.

I'm an INFP, so I guess I don't have to worry about "soul"ing right, at least.

Jung himself said, "These categories are the rule, but everyone is the exception." You aren't just any INFP. You are the INFP that is the exception to the rule that governs INFPs. Same goes for INTJs or anyone else, I reckon.

The poem wasn't a "cry for help" about my self-esteem or anything. It was more so about when I tire of trying to know what I'm talking about and simply dissolve happily into the collective ignorance.

I'm pretty obsessed about Jungian typology though. So we can geek out on it if you feel inclined.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I'm pretty obsessed about Jungian typology though. So we can geek out on it if you feel inclined.

I'm becoming obsessed about it too.

Apparently, I get along well with most extroverts, especially, it seems - the warm, "fuzzy" kind - and ones whom I barely understand a word they're saying. This is according to the idea that INFPs get along well with INFJ, ESFJ, and ENFJ.

I seem to be more of a magnet for introverts, though.

Anyway, interesting point about this quote:

Jung himself said, "These categories are the rule, but everyone is the exception."

I'd say it just describes the "edge" of a person, much like the fact that in the Harry Potter universe, I'm a Ravenclaw, which depicts an entirely different edge.

vulcanlogician

I'd say it just describes the "edge" of a person, much like the fact that in the Harry Potter universe, I'm a Ravenclaw, which depicts an entirely different edge.

I'm not a Harry Potter knowing person.

Is there a good J.R.R. Tolkien analogy you might make instead? JK. I get the point of your argument through context, I think.

Individuals are notoriously hard to categorize.

But "peoples"? They are notoriously prone to categorization. "Types of people exist everywhere." And that's what Jung was trying to quantify. And such broad quantifications are indeed possible. When examining people, it is certainly possible, and useful, to identify types.

But at an individual level, such typologies are useless. I think Jung would agree.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I'm not a Harry Potter knowing person.

Is there a good J.R.R. Tolkien analogy you might make instead? JK. I get the point of your argument through context, I think.

Individuals are notoriously hard to categorize.

But "peoples"? They are notoriously prone to categorization. "Types of people exist everywhere." And that's what Jung was trying to quantify. And such broad quantifications are indeed possible. When examining people, it is certainly possible, and useful, to identify types.

But at an individual level, such typologies are useless. I think Jung would agree.

I think I see what you mean.

I'm exploring another possible idea, as well. I've been exploring the idea that when a person has an "epiphany", they may sometimes have an experience that somewhat contradicts their "type", and that they see into another "type".