• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Icelandic Geographic

Smoke

Done here.
I've been fascinated with Iceland for years, but I just today became aware of Icelandic Geographic.
About Icelandic Geographic

Iceland - this uniquely fascinating island with population less than 300.000 - rises from the Mid-Atlantic Ridge at the edge of the Arctic. How appropriate for a "geographic" magazine!

Icelandic Geographic is published once a year and is 100 pages filled with articles and photographs about the astonishing Icelandic nature. The text is in English. This annual journal seeks to portray in an informative manner the most interesting and unique aspects of Iceland, and the interplay of man and nature. The writers are all thoroughly familiar with their subjects, and some of the country’s most-talented photographers have provided the images for the magazine.

The publishing company of Icelandic Geographic, Nansen Publishing, was established by Þórdís Yngvadóttir in 2002.
The magazine is sold in all major bookstores in Iceland, at Stanfords in England and through mail-orders. And we have subscribers in all continents (well - actually no order from Antartica... yet!).
It's not cheap -- €20 or $25 a copy -- but it might be worth it. Here are a few images from the website:

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Thanks for sharing; it often strikes me as slightly absurd that there are so many areas of our own planet that we (the men in the street) know little about. I guess there is just not enough time to take in all that we would like to in one lifetime.