• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I met Ken Hamm in a dream lastnight...

jonathan180iq

First of all, I'm not even joking.

Lastnight, I had a dream that I took my girlfriend and a couple of buddies the Creation Museum, which was interestingly housed in a dilapidated local building that was once used for an independent wrestling league called TWA.

We walked past a few exhibits, the most interesting of which was about birds. The speaker in this exhibit was dressed in a long brown and yellow robe, attempting to look time period-appropriate with his sandals and falcon resting on his left shoulder. (apparently my subconscious thinks that Hebrews 2,000 years ago loved falcons.)

Anyway, after passing lots of animatronic animals housed in iron cages, we came to a room full of books that had a large clock in the middle of the room adorned with Roman numerals. In a glider rocker on the far left side sat Ken Hamm. His wife, an pudgy older woman who was much shorter than him, was nuzzled under his left arm and they were reading some paperback book together. One of my friends asked who he was and I mentioned that he was Ken Hamm, curator and owner of the Creation Museum. He greeted us warmly and then proceeded to inform me that his name was actually pronounced Kaan Ha-im. He seemed preturbed that no one had ever asked him how to pronounce his name before.

I was surprised by how gentle and welcoming he was as a person. At one point, he walked us out onto the balcony of the museum, which was just a nice wrap-around porch on the front of the TWA building. (How's that for continuity?! I was happy my mind was able to keep things consistent.) He gave us free tickets for a return visit and wished us well.

I woke up immediately feeling like only my friends over at Religious Forums would get a kick out of my encounter with dreamy Ken Hamm. I'm supposed to tell you guys that he's not such a bad guy - he just believes stupid things.

Anyway... I hope everyone enjoys their day.

Kaan Ha-im!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You mean, it was your dream, you met him, you had him on a balcony, and despite this being your dream, you didn't shove him over the edge and burn the Creation "Museum" to the ground, and Bill Nye wasn't there shelling out hundreds of dollars over to Hamm in the form of debates?

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
If you met Ken Hamm, then there's hope that I might meet Kevin Bacon.

From there, Meat Loaf successfully auditioned for the roles of Eddie and Dr. Scott in the stage production of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. In 1975 Meat Loaf followed the show to the big screen and co-starred with Susan Sarandon, Tim Curry and Barry Bostwick. Surprising everyone, the film became a giant success and would go on to gross more than $112 million in ticket sales over the next three-plus decades.

http://www.moviefone.com/movie/the-rocky-horror-picture-show/2710/credits/

List of actors.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
First of all, I'm not even joking.
I never have dreams as coherent and logical as yours. I agree that most creationists are nice people (but their belief is of course wrong in my thinking). Is this type of coherent dream common for you or did this seem more unusual?

I often get blasted on this forum as I go soft on YEC. Some religious people just see it as too black/white; the Holy Bible vs. Evil Atheism. Maybe your dream is telling you to go soft too?

jonathan180iq

I never have dreams as coherent and logical as yours. I agree that most creationists are nice people (but their belief is of course wrong in my thinking). Is this type of coherent dream common for you or did this seem more unusual?

I often get blasted on this forum as I go soft on YEC. Some religious people just see it as too black/white; the Holy Bible vs. Evil Atheism. Maybe your dream is telling you to go soft too?
This is pretty normal for me. I'm a very lucid dreamer and I really enjoy being able to purposefully interact with my dreams. There are times when I'm not consciously in control, mind you. Lots of things happen in my dreamscapes that I feel unable to manipulate. For example, I don't feel like I had control over what Hamm's wife looked like or why he spoke the way he did, even though we know it was my mind that created it. But for the most part, I'm very aware that I'm dreaming and I'm able to change things that I don't like or focus on things that I do. It's a lot of fun sometimes.

I wouldn't say I need to go soft on YECs. Even though I require them to back up their claims and challenge them when they openly just make stuff up, I think I do so with a decent level of congeniality.

Hamm and I had a decent conversation. His intentions were good and he means well - he was just delusional. It doesn't matter what my dream version of Ken Hamm was like. I'm sure he's a good man in real life too. But that doesn't absolve him from being crazy in certain areas, right? That's true of many people in our lives, isn't it? That's often true of ourselves, don't you think?

There's a bigger message in all of this than just "Jonathan subconsciously likes Ken Hamm."

jonathan180iq

You mean, it was your dream, you met him, you had him on a balcony, and despite this being your dream, you didn't shove him over the edge and burn the Creation "Museum" to the ground, and Bill Nye wasn't there shelling out hundreds of dollars over to Hamm in the form of debates?
It was a TWA meeting arena. I didn't want to take away the redneck's place of fun. ;)

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.

Neither do I!

I've always been jealous of the more lucid dreamers I've known. I dream when I sleep, obviously. . . But it's very nonsensical.

Sometimes, when I try to explain, a narrative will develop that kinda makes sense, but when I'm explaining it, I know that what I'm saying is not quite right.