• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I love your religion

Kalibhakta

Jai Maha Kali Ma!
I have always admired the Sikhs, and their martyrs, along with the Shia and the holy family and the Sufi lovers of god, and the various Christian saints who lived selfless lives and the Kabbalists who quiet their minds to know the Truth.

The struggle to know and respect god is the one worthy thing in life.

karn1299s

I am a member of the Orthodox Church and am not looking to change, but I just wanted to tell you Sikhs, I love your religion. Growing up one of my best friends was a Sikh boy named Hartaj, he had not yet been baptized but I suspect he has been now; his parents were baptized I believe and were so nice to us. They owned a grocery store. This meant when I came over to play, we would munch on microwaveable pizzas we would hear up in the break room, and then play in fortresses we erected in the parking lot using shipping crates. We were in the fourth grade, 9-10 years old.mmsadly next year my family moved. I still love Sikhism though: I love your egalitarianism, your monotheism, your tradition of service through the Langar, your Nihangs with their elephants and horses, and your ethic of being warrior saints, dedicating yourself to protection of the weak from would be oppressors. I love your Guru Granth Sahib and it's beautiful verses. I Wish several million of you would settle in Iraq, Syria and Turkey to protect the Christians and other religious minorities, such as the Yazidis, Alevis and Mandaeans, several of which are by nature non violent (Mandaeans are prohibited to take up arms for example). :)

I pray that eternal friendship may exist between Eastern Orthodox Christians and our Sikh brothers and sisters. Our religions are in some ways very different, in that in my faith we have priests, for example, and do not believe in reincarnation or the other common aspects of the Indian religious tradition, but in other respects are very (Both our faiths are monotheistic, have sacred scriptures, and practice baptism). Like Sikhs, Orthodox clergy and monks also don't shave and often do not cut their hair, and some Oriental Orthodox like the Syriac Orthodox and Coptic Orthodox wear turbans, usually black due to Islamic dhimmi status, but sometimes white during the liturgy. I feel a deep kinship with the Sikhs. Of the four major religions of Indian origin (not counting Zoroastrianism, which seems to be a faith composed in opposition to Hindu theology, but which uses a similar language and similar priestly rituals to those of the Brahmins, and which had an influence on my own tradition, but which probably emerged in Iran or Pakistan, at the border of the Indian sphere of cultural influence), I believe Sikhism to be the most beautiful, and the closest to my own faith in terms of what I feel is a genuine sense of love and compassion for people. The idea of the Langar as a blessing, on the grounds that service to people is service to God, is essentially the theology of the soup kitchens operated by the Orthodox Christians. The underlying theology is subtly different, if I understand your faith, in that correct me if I'm wrong, Sikhism is Pantheistic and the people being served are literally a part of the One God, whereas in Orthodoxy human beings are made in the image of God, but the result of these divergent theological concepts is the same: God is served by serving human beings.

I can't tell u what to do rather i request u
"Stay what you are" but do learn what sikhism has to say.
Reason i say my friend, think of god as a mountain peak and all religions r path towards that peak. Sure we think sikhism is shorter path but it's extremely difficult as well.
On the other hand you could be half way already and when u decided to change path you have to start again from beginning and worst is if u don't find sikh path very appropriate then you would switch again.
Remember switching path will not get to anywhere, journey can only be completed if u stick to one route and sray on it all the way.
Just my 2 cents. Good luck

arjansingh111

I can't tell u what to do rather i request u
"Stay what you are" but do learn what sikhism has to say.
Reason i say my friend, think of god as a mountain peak and all religions r path towards that peak. Sure we think sikhism is shorter path but it's extremely difficult as well.
On the other hand you could be half way already and when u decided to change path you have to start again from beginning and worst is if u don't find sikh path very appropriate then you would switch again.
Remember switching path will not get to anywhere, journey can only be completed if u stick to one route and sray on it all the way.
Just my 2 cents. Good luck
Dear brother you are very true as a Sikh myself my religion also teaches the same we could be different religion adherence but we are still heading to the same mountain

GURSIKH

chardi kla
I also deeply admire Sikhi, and I love all that you do for the world. I especially love the way that meals are given to whoever might need them.
Though I am no longer a Christian, I can't help but feel that they (and all of us) could learn a lot from the wisdom of your faith.
In the Christian gospels, Jesus said that whoever gave a cup of cold water to someone in need, they did so to God. As a former Christian, his teachings were called to mind as soon as I began to learn about your traditions.
Teachings of Jesus and Sikh Guru s seems similar then. Compassion and seva/service purifies the soul and helps in realization of Oneness among all (Ek Onkaar).

GURSIKH

chardi kla
what do Sikhs think about the Bible and the Koran?
Sikhs love anything associated with the Creator, but we do-not believe in "creation theory" of Abrahmic faiths (Adam, eve,Sin, Six day). We also don't believe that a baby can be produced without mother and father. "Only Son theory" is also not compatible with Sikhi. We also don't believe in "theory of exclusive rights" of Abrahmic religions i.e. by accepting only their prophet one is entitled to heavens and others will burn in hell. Neither we believe in Judgement day theory i,e. All dead will be revived.

Last edited: