• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I just bought my first phone.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I've never had a phone of my own. For the past few years, I've been using my mom's government phone which is crappy and doesn't even have voicemail. I shouldn't complain, though, because it's free (except for the minutes you buy besides what they give you).

Anyway, it's a prepaid Microsoft Lumia and it's pretty cool for the price. So exciting. :D

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I threw mine away about 5 years ago, I hated what it did to people, sitting all around with their noses stuck in their phone and not even having a conversation with each other, of course I'm talking about the stupid mobile phones.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I threw mine away about 5 years ago, I hated what it did to people, sitting all around with their noses stuck in their phone and not even having a conversation with each other, of course I'm talking about the stupid mobile phones.
Yes, they're annoying zombies. The ones who speak using the speakers are very annoying, too. I don't really have friends to call or text all the time so that's not going to be me. Lol. I prefer to just listen to my iPod.

Jumi

I know. There's a friend of mine who goes into that zombie mode, he's absorbed into reading sports news every time and can't hear or see anything else. :D

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Their even making places where they help you to get out of the addiction of the phone, like AA's, now that ridiculers, are we making a generation of zombies ?.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
We were talking about those who sit for hours just staring into their phones, while their friends are doing the same, yep, zombies for sure.
As much as I loathe it, I think those people are going to drive the future of technology, which may very well evolve into a network that people themselves are wired into via neural implants.
I use my phone mostly for music (I downloaded a really good program for it), and looking up things when I have a question (last time I was at a friends house, and they were watching some countdown of great unsolved mysteries, and one of them was vanishing of Malaysia flight MH370, which I was double checking that that was the flight that pieces of were recently recovered). I don't get many calls or texts, the screen is too small to replace my Nook for reading, and since I don't have my library job I use it even less because I used my phone to clock in and out.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Their even making places where they help you to get out of the addiction of the phone, like AA's, now that ridiculers, are we making a generation of zombies ?.
What better way to maintain the status quo than by creating legions of docile zombies who are used to reading things that are too short for a complete thought and developing an attention span that is less than a gold fish?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
As much as I loathe it, I think those people are going to drive the future of technology, which may very well evolve into a network that people themselves are wired into via neural implants.
I use my phone mostly for music (I downloaded a really good program for it), and looking up things when I have a question (last time I was at a friends house, and they were watching some countdown of great unsolved mysteries, and one of them was vanishing of Malaysia flight MH370, which I was double checking that that was the flight that pieces of were recently recovered). I don't get many calls or texts, the screen is too small to replace my Nook for reading, and since I don't have my library job I use it even less because I used my phone to clock in and out.
My god so in the future we will be going backward in our evolution, I hope I wont be around to see it.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
What better way to maintain the status quo than by creating legions of docile zombies who are used to reading things that are too short for a complete thought and developing an attention span that is less than a gold fish?
Yep docile is the word, that's for sure.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots. Albert Einstein

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
My god so in the future we will be going backward in our evolution, I hope I wont be around to see it.
It's not backwards, but a network that people themselves are wired into. I hope I'm not around either, because I can see the demands and pressures being put on people by being connected in such a way being much higher than any other generation has known.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
It's not backwards, but a network that people themselves are wired into. I hope I'm not around either, because I can see the demands and pressures being put on people by being connected in such a way being much higher than any other generation has known.
Sound backwards to me, and what is the use of being connected when they don't even know the other is there ?.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Yes, they're annoying zombies. The ones who speak using the speakers are very annoying, too. I don't really have friends to call or text all the time so that's not going to be me. Lol. I prefer to just listen to my iPod.
Friend! download the app called "what's app". PM me, and I'll flick you my number, and I'll be happy to txt you via what's app (is free, and uses internet to send messages/phone calls

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Probably the first thing I'm going to do with it is upgrade it to Windows 10. I can't stand Windows 8. So ugly.
10 is definitely a major improvement over 8, at least for PC and laptop. I fixed stuff in my dad's PC, it fixed a bunch of driver problems in my laptop, but with my PC it killed my internet speeds (all three computers went 7 to 10, and then my computer back to 7).
Definitely make sure you know how to go back to 8 in case things go bad.