• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Humility and Power.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
True humility is great power; great power is to have no need to wield it.

Being humble can be tricky. E.g. a master can also be a master trainer, and as such he should not belittle his own mastery. Of course one can be a humble master trainer, but in a given moment an act might not appear humble.

icehorse

Premium Member
Being humble isn't even possible, until it is. From then on, it's a no-brainer.

In this thread we are both struggling to remain humble. In my experience I would agree that there is a necessary perspective shift to a "humble orientation". But even with that shift in place, life will deliver an endless array of situations that will test our ability to remain humble. so it's an ongoing pursuit.

Last edited:

icehorse

Premium Member
You assume I am like you. I assure you I am not.

(he said, humbly) ;)

(BTW, one small indication of humility is to forward a quote or use the @membername convention so that your fellow travelers can be notified of your responses.)

As I said, I am not like you.
I don't do humble to impress, and I don't act humble at all. Humility is my nature, and quite naturally, very few recognize it for what it is.
There are reasons I don't often back-quote, not least to minimize ridiculous attacks from people who imagine themselves 'humble'.

People don't recognize humility in me because they assume I should act humble, towards them.
Truth is, I don't care what people think, am unmoved by what they say, and refuse to read from their script.
My humility is genuine, because it is directed towards God.
I kneel before the Divine.
I don't kneel to humans.

Humility is the direct connection to The Source. Only in this stance does the juice flow.
Intuition is the current, Mystery the result.

Yes, you won't recognize humility because you've never seen it.
But you are aware, now, on some level, of its power.

No, I hadn't noticed, because that is not what I was doing. Nor was I expecting a result.
But now that you mention it, it appears that you are engaged with it, whatever it is.
Mysterious!

icehorse

Premium Member
No, I hadn't noticed, because that is not what I was doing. Nor was I expecting a result.
But now that you mention it, it appears that you are engaged with it, whatever it is.
Mysterious!

I'm done now :cool: