• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Human shield

King Phenomenon

Would there be nearly as a high a death toll in Gaza if Hamas didn’t hide behind regular folk like cowards? Don’t these people know that they’re being used as human shields? Are they complicit? Why can’t these people go to Israel and rat them out?

Last edited:

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Would there be nearly as a high a death toll in Gaza if Hamas didn’t hide behind regular folk like cowards?

Maybe. Of course, Hamas hiding behind regular folk is no excuse to kill regular folk. If a killer is hiding behind a kid, I am not going to shoot through the kid unnecessarily. I could come up with some pretty horrible ethics scenarios to justify it, but there's no real excuse to be killing so many civilians even if there's a terrorist group hiding amongst them.

That goes for any scenario and with complete knowledge that my tax dollars have gone to killing civilians in many other places. Also, it applies to Hamas as well. (Just to move past the inevitable, "But what about Hamas?")

King Phenomenon

Maybe. Of course, Hamas hiding behind regular folk is no excuse to kill regular folk. If a killer is hiding behind a kid, I am not going to shoot through the kid unnecessarily. I could come up with some pretty horrible ethics scenarios to justify it, but there's no real excuse to be killing so many civilians even if there's a terrorist group hiding amongst them.

That goes for any scenario and with complete knowledge that my tax dollars have gone to killing civilians in many other places. Also, it applies to Hamas as well. (Just to move past the inevitable, "But what about Hamas?")
Don’t they know they’re being used as human shields? Are they complicit?