• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Do Christians Really Know That Heaven Exists?

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
As Christians we don't merely just believe and think that makes what we believe true.
The born again Christian does not just have a mere intellectual awarness of God ,heaven, hell,Jesus, but he has a verifiable assurance and a guarantee given to them by the Holy Spirit of God deposited into their spirit.
I really don't think most outside the Christian faith comprehend this key to why Christians are so self assured in the truth of God ,heaven,hell etc..
Many think that Christians are arrogant and self righteous in thinking and professing their religion is the true path to God and heaven and those outside the Christian faith question as to why their god or perception of heaven should be disgarded.
That assurance we have as Christians is unlike anything this world can comprehend,when much of the world speculates in their own personal concepts of God,basing it on philosophical analysis,feelings,writings,teachings etc.
Christians have working on the inside of them a inner witness, that verifies the truth of what God's word says.

How do you know what you believe about death, heaven, hell, or the next life is true or not ?
Do you have any confirmation certainity and assurance that your idea of god and heaven is the right path or is it merely speculation, through reasoning and rationale, maybe even conviction brought on by certain teachings you have heard.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Do you have any confirmation certainity and assurance that your idea of god and heaven is the right path or is it merely speculation, through reasoning and rationale, maybe even conviction brought on by certain teachings you have heard.

What we individually perceive as "real" and "true" IS real and true for as long as we so perceive. There's no way to know the difference until after it is no longer "real" or "true" to us.

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
Many think that Christians are arrogant and self righteous in thinking and professing their religion is the true path to God and heaven and those outside the Christian faith question as to why their god or perception of heaven should be disgarded.

That assurance we have as Christians is unlike anything this world can comprehend,when much of the world speculates in their own personal concepts of God,basing it on philosophical analysis,feelings,writings,teachings etc.
The only way you can be aware of what you interpret to be something 'deposited in your spirit' is a combination of a feeling and teachings. It's not quite as unlike what everybody else has as you imagine.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
How do you know what you believe about death, heaven, hell, or the next life is true or not ?
1)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Sent from there known since birth.
2)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Died at 23 and found elders welcomed me back home.
3)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Name in most religious books globally, as the same as seen when NDE.

So what assurance?

The Seeker

Once upon a time....
As Christians we don't merely just believe and think that makes what we believe true.
The born again Christian does not just have a mere intellectual awarness of God ,heaven, hell,Jesus, but he has a verifiable assurance and a guarantee given to them by the Holy Spirit of God deposited into their spirit.
I really don't think most outside the Christian faith comprehend this key to why Christians are so self assured in the truth of God ,heaven,hell etc..
Christians have working on the inside of them a inner witness, that verifies the truth of what God's word says.

No one knows what happens after you die or that heaven and hell actually exist, one only has faith that they know about these things. I don't believe in an afterlife, heaven or hell. Could I be wrong? Sure. But since I don't know anyone that has been to heaven or hell, I choose to believe that they don't exist.

wizanda

Premium Member
No one knows what happens after you die or that heaven and hell actually exist, one only has faith that they know about these things. I don't believe in an afterlife, heaven or hell. Could I be wrong? Sure. But since I don't know anyone that has been to heaven or hell, I choose to believe that they don't exist.
This is hell we are living, you can tell this as no one listens.......
When you just said you had done that....then why follow my post by the exact opposite?

The Seeker

Once upon a time....
When you just said you had done that....then why follow my post by the exact opposite?

I think it would be very unfair if I were in Hell because I don't know what I did to get here.

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
It's not a matter of listening, wiz. People claim alien abductions too. Isolated, unconfirmed claims meet only a few people's standard of evidence. If there is such certainty (as claimed by the OP), there should be consistent, verifiable evidence. If there isn't, then it's perfectly reasonable to treat the claim as just a another claim.

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia

Well, no one can really be 100% sure what's going to happen after death, can they? Because none of us have been there...but obviously, a Christian who believes in God, and a Christian that believes the Bible is His inspired word is going to believe in Heaven and Hell. So that's pretty much me. I believe in the Bible (being inspired by God, and all) so I therefore believe in Heaven and Hell and all the things in the Bible. Simple enough, really.

wizanda

Premium Member
Give me all the NDE peoples who are true and then can tell you which lie and which confirm it.....two on my site confirm it, looking for more.....also the video "A brief glimpse of eternity" is also, yet can't find it online......
God made the world and saw it was Good….man made it bad…so Christ set them all up and God is going to get rid of those who follow the wrong side….:angel2:

athanasius

How Do Christians Really Know That Heaven Exists?

Simple they look at the things that they believe to be true divine revelation: Scripture, Tradition, Miracles, apparitions of the Saints and virgin, and I would even include(though not revelation in any sense) those who has have been clinically dead and come back to tell us of both heaven and hell experiences. They logically deduce from these things the possiblibly and or probability of heaven, at least I do.

Is there 100% scientific proof that it exist? NO! Remember God or revelation cannot be 100% scientifically proven. You can control a tornado in a bottle in a controlled expierement. If you could control God, he wouldn't be God.

It just depends on what you find authoritative and what you adhere to. But who says you have to prove 100% scientifically that heaven exist to know it does. Wse know alot of things exist that we cannot 100% scinetifically prove. we know themn by collecting data and making inferences withtr eh best data. You can know by revelation, logic on revelation and miracles, historical testimony etc. As a matter of fact Athiest cannot 100% disprove the existience of heaven or the after life. So in that sense they are no better than we are. We just use different criteria to judge. I in no way want to debate this, as I already have inother forums, I just wanted to express my opinion and with that, I am outa here!

wizanda

Premium Member
Free will was overrated anyway.

Heaven is full of Characters!
We only accept real people (free will), else they make all else un-real...
So if you check the apocalypse of Abraham, as now found relates the same as the overall of what have been saying since the beginning, just in less words then i use........
Then this thread is the most crazy thing you will ever see, well even more when they realize they are the ones in judgement.....:angel2:

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
This is what the Bible says about it- Our spirits will go back to God who gave it. King Solomon said:

Ecc 12:7 then the dust shall return to the earth as it was, and the spirit shall return to God who gave it.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
Well, no one can really be 100% sure what's going to happen after death, can they? Because none of us have been there...but obviously, a Christian who believes in God, and a Christian that believes the Bible is His inspired word is going to believe in Heaven and Hell. So that's pretty much me. I believe in the Bible (being inspired by God, and all) so I therefore believe in Heaven and Hell and all the things in the Bible. Simple enough, really.
Oh ,but you can know 100% ,that is what assurance a born again believer has when he receives the Holy Spirit.
Please don't even attempt to refute it until you actually come to that place in life where you need God,it is then and only then you will understand,anything else is mere jargon and ignorance at best.
How often do you place a deposit on something to secure it for yourself.
Quite often a deposit is necessary,God knew there would be multiple religions and even more imposters and he wanted us to have an assurance that pales in comparision to any other.
He not only backs his word up with signs and wonders ,but by his spirit.

If this was not the case for myself and the countless millions that truly come to Christ, you would have probably just another large religious organization that causes many to carry it's title but never possess the power of what the Holy Spirit deposits.
I would have left this man centered religious thing in the dust,I am so tired of man made relgions and the damage they cause.Sorry another thread.

The Holy Spirit in a believer attesting to the truth of God's word and Jesus Christ is beyond desription and comparision of any other expereince.
Not to say many have not had some type of experience
I was not always a christian and have been on both sides of the fence,so what I am saying is when you give your heart to God ,receive his gift of his Son Jesus Christ and from that receive the gift of the Holy Spirit,the bible actually confirms this expereince by saying that I will give you the Spirit as a guarantee or deposit of what is to come and he most certainly does.
Rom 8:16The spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
2Cr 1:22 who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.
2Cr 5:5Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee ( the greek word means downpayment.)
Eph 1:13 whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,The Spirit is God's guarantee that he will give us everything he promised and that he has purchased us to be his own people. This is just one more reason for us to praise our glorious God.
1Cr 2:12Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

When the Holy Spirit witnesse's to your spirit man the truth of God, such a confidence and assurance can't be compared.
Many may have assurance in something in this life,but to know that your life beyond the grave is with Christ is simply the epitome of security and certainity

The bible says simply believing will not cut it,
You believe that there is one God. You do well. Jam 2:19Even the demons believe--and tremble!

The key is receiving what you believing and this is what you need to unlock this mystery of knowing,otherwise it's merely skepticism and doubt
I agree it takes faith to believe but it takes humility to surrender to receive the power of the spirit that will confirm and witness.
Like I said before ,if it was just about merely convincing people intellectually that God is the way to heaven and hell is the destination for rejecting him,what would be the difference in any other kind of man centred religion.
But when God steps in to give you a deposit of His Spirit on what you beleived,than no man will and or can convince you otherwise.
Why Christians fall away is basically because they either never fully surrendered with their whole heart to God and thus receive the indwelling Holy Spirit.
Or they were manipulated / intimidated into it somehow.
Jhn 1:12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.