• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello Muslims.

Although I'm not shia, I do have the answer.

The Qur'an doesn't contain any of the full books found in the previous scripture. It does contain the same basic themes, and does have some of the similar stories and narrations, but nothing that could be pointed to and say aha, there's Isaiah.

The three sets of previous scriptures that are directly mentioned in the Qur'an are the torah (the first 5 books of the OT), the psalms and the gospels. Isaiah is in the nevi'im, which isn't specifically one of the scriptures referenced in the Qur'an.

david777

Thankyou sir.
Further question.
The first five books of the Christian Old Testament are contained within the Koran?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
the Qur'an as GabrielWithoutWings has said, is a different book but that confirms that which the other 3 major scriptures and the scrolls of Abraham mentioned.

this is what is stated in the Qur'an concerning the previous scriptures;

“And We have sent down to you (O Muhammad) the Book (the Qur'an) in truth, confirming the scripture that came before it and trustworthy in highness and a witness over it (the collection of old scriptures)…” (Quran 5:48)

these are those scriptures:
1. The Torah (Tawrat in Arabic) revealed to the Prophet Moses (different from the Old Testament read today).
2. The Gospel (Injeel in Arabic) revealed to Prophet Jesus (different from the New Testament read in churches today).
3. The Psalms (Zaboor in Arabic) of David.
4. The Scrolls (Suhuf in Arabic) of Moses and Abraham.

Last edited:

Parzival

the Qur'an as GabrielWithoutWings has said, is a different book but that confirms that which the other 3 major scriptures and the scrolls of Abraham mentioned.

this is what is stated in the Qur'an concerning the previous scriptures;

“And We have sent down to you (O Muhammad) the Book (the Qur'an) in truth, confirming the scripture that came before it and trustworthy in highness and a witness over it (the collection of old scriptures)…” (Quran 5:48)

these are those scriptures:
1. The Torah (Tawrat in Arabic) revealed to the Prophet Moses (different from the Old Testament read today).
2. The Gospel (Injeel in Arabic) revealed to Prophet Jesus (different from the New Testament read in churches today).
3. The Psalms (Zaboor in Arabic) of David.
4. The Scrolls (Suhuf in Arabic) of Moses and Abraham.

The Torah would be the first 5 books of the Christian Old Testament/Hebrew Tanakh, but what would the Scrolls/Sufuh be?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
The Torah would be the first 5 books of the Christian Old Testament/Hebrew Tanakh, but what would the Scrolls/Sufuh be?

i have no idea what in the OT or NT the scrolls are or if they are even in the scripture.
sorry i can't help you on that.

I don't believe that the scrolls are in the Bible in modern form. They're writings attributed to Abraham and Moses, apart from the Torah, which I can't correlate to anything in the existing text.

Volgin

Does the Koran contain the book of Isaiah?

The Holy Quran is the final revelation of Almighty Allah on the Holy Prophet Muhammad(pbuh). All the previous scriptures were brought to an end with the revelation of this book. The theme of the Holy Quranic text is the same as of the previous scriptures. So if you talk about the theme, it is the same. But you cannot say that everything written in the book of Isaiah is written word to word the same.

It is like you see new editions of our educational course books. They are also just modified version of the previous edition.