• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hearing Voices (the "supernatural" world)

NewChapter

GiveMeATicketToWork
Peace to you.

So the Bible has instances of people hearing voices when no flesh and blood was around. The Prophet Samuel and the Apostle Peter heard a voice in the Bible and if I'm not mistaken Mohammed also heard a voice in the absence of flesh and blood to speak said voice.

Has anyone here ever heard a voice(s) without flesh and blood being present to speak said voice(s)?

I have.

Peace to you,
Noah

NewChapter

GiveMeATicketToWork
I thought you were ex-muslim, but you don't know how Muhammad received his instructions?..........anyways, those are demons. Perhaps some one summoned a demon,

Yes. I am an ex-Muslim. I did not learn everything that there is to know about Islam.

If I'm not mistaken, some of the Qur'an was taught to Mohammed from a voice, while the angel Jibreel in flesh and blood taught him other parts of it.

They are not always demons. Peter called the voice who addressed him "Lord,' and it was The LORD who spoke to Samuel in the Bible if I am remembering correctly.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
anyways, those are demons. Perhaps some one summoned a demon,
my advice, 'don't summon demons
Seriously!! :(

You've got no clue, who the person heard, no understanding of what was revealed, and you instantly jump to a conclusion, that has no merit; could easily say that is a demon within you, making you say such silly accusations, without knowledge. :oops:
Has anyone here ever heard a voice(s) without flesh and blood being present to speak said voice(s)?
Yes, I've heard the whole assembly of Heaven, where everything in reality became as one voice. :innocent:

NewChapter

GiveMeATicketToWork
Seriously!! :(

You've got no clue, who the person heard, no understanding of what was revealed, and you instantly jump to a conclusion, that has no merit; could easily say that is a demon within you, making you say such silly accusations, without knowledge. :oops:

Yes, I've heard the whole assembly of Heaven, where everything in reality became as one voice. :innocent:

I see.

Thank you for sharing.

Peace to you, :)
Noah

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
.......If I'm not mistaken, some of the Qur'an was taught to Mohammed from a voice, while the angel Jibreel in flesh and blood taught him other parts of it.......
Peace be on you.
Holy Quran:
1=
[42:52] And it is not for a man that Allah should speak to him except by revelation or from behind a veil or by sending a messenger to reveal by His command what He pleases. Surely, He is High, Wise.
Note 3637 @
http://www.alislam.org/quran/tafseer/?page=2356&region=E1&CR=EN,E2&CR=EN,E2

2=
Angel Jibreel appeared spiritually, not in flesh and blood.
More https://www.alislam.org/books/study-of-islam/angels.html

NewChapter

GiveMeATicketToWork
Peace be on you.
Holy Quran:
1=
[42:52] And it is not for a man that Allah should speak to him except by revelation or from behind a veil or by sending a messenger to reveal by His command what He pleases. Surely, He is High, Wise.
Note 3637 @
http://www.alislam.org/quran/tafseer/?page=2356&region=E1&CR=EN,E2&CR=EN,E2

2=
Angel Jibreel appeared spiritually, not in flesh and blood.
More https://www.alislam.org/books/study-of-islam/angels.html

There is a hadith that says that Jibreel appeared as a human being.

Part of the hadith contains Mohammed asking the people around him did they know who the man who had approached him and talked with was, and they said that no they did not. He then informed them that the man was the angel Jibreel.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
From one of the link given in Post # 9:
Once it is reported that a stranger suddenly entered the mosque where the founder of Islam was sitting along with his companions. This man approached the assembly, sat respectfully in the front row, and started to ask questions regarding the nature of Islam. Having finished his list of questions, he took leave and departed. Those present were amazed because first this man was a complete stranger who must have travelled some distance to reach the mosque. In small townships the knowledge of such visits does not remain a secret, and everybody seems to know who has arrived and for what purpose. In his case, the arrival was so sudden that it appeared mysterious. Secondly, there were no marks of a journey on his bearing or his clothes. A fresh looking gentleman, he was of immaculately clean dress. Moreover the manner in which he began to ask questions without any introduction, and his abrupt departure, was extremely unusual to say the least.

Before the companions of the Holy Prophet (sa) could say anything, the Holy Prophet (sa) himself informed them that the person had actually been the angel Gabriel, who had asked the leading questions so that the companions become acquainted with the facts contained in the answers given. Some companions ran out of the mosque to meet the angel in disguise, as they thought, but there was no trace of him anywhere. No-one in the township admitted to seeing such a man. As this incident is reported in the highly authentic books of tradition, we can safely infer that angels sometimes appear in ordinary human form for the purpose of discharging sundry errands. We find mention of angels in many other traditions, particularly in relation to the battles of Badr and Uhad....

These are views, scenes, something hologram (a near approximation).

Similarly, Prophet raised were seen in Bible, was metaphoric scenes, not actual.

Etritonakin

Peace to you.

So the Bible has instances of people hearing voices when no flesh and blood was around. The Prophet Samuel and the Apostle Peter heard a voice in the Bible and if I'm not mistaken Mohammed also heard a voice in the absence of flesh and blood to speak said voice.

I have.

Peace to you,
Noah

There is actually a lot of that going around -and it is very deceptive. It is not always as happened in scripture. Best to simply keep the commandments and be wary of other things!

I've even seen it relied upon by "official" persons. It is very effective -until it is very otherwise!
Some believe it to be a skill that they are able to employ, but at its heart it is demons and those associated employing them. They do not wield it -though they are deceived to think so. It wields them.

Rev 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
Rev 13:12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
Rev 13:13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
Rev 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
Rev 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

(make above = band together, be... so it is people who make up the image, who are collectively the image -by them the will of the beast is done where the beast is not present
G4160
ποιέω
poieō
poy-eh'-o
Apparently a prolonged form of an obsolete primary; to make or do (in a very wide application, more or less direct): - abide, + agree, appoint, X avenge, + band together, be,.......)

Dan 8:23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.
Dan 8:24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.

The second beast gave it the ability to speak -the first beast has the ability to hear what they speak -though what is heard is not always what is actually spoken -it is used to manipulate.

arthra

Baha'i
In my view the "voices" recorded in past revelations have all been spiritual in nature and symbols were used to explain or understand the event.. The Holy Spirit came to Moses in the form of a burning bush, to Jesus in the form of a dove...to Prophet Muhammad as Gabriel an angel.. The Maid of Heaven appeared to Baha'u'llah ..these are spiritual experiences not from a physical body. They are not psychoses as in schizophrenia either... Divine Revelation has characteristics unlike mental illness or hallucinations.

NewChapter

GiveMeATicketToWork
There is actually a lot of that going around -and it is very deceptive. It is not always as happened in scripture. Best to simply keep the commandments and be wary of other things!

I've even seen it relied upon by "official" persons. It is very effective -until it is very otherwise!
Some believe it to be a skill that they are able to employ, but at its heart it is demons and those associated employing them. They do not wield it -though they are deceived to think so. It wields them.

Rev 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
Rev 13:12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
Rev 13:13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
Rev 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
Rev 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

(make above = band together, be... so it is people who make up the image, who are collectively the image -by them the will of the beast is done where the beast is not present
G4160
ποιέω
poieō
poy-eh'-o
Apparently a prolonged form of an obsolete primary; to make or do (in a very wide application, more or less direct): - abide, + agree, appoint, X avenge, + band together, be,.......)

Dan 8:23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.
Dan 8:24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.

The second beast gave it the ability to speak -the first beast has the ability to hear what they speak -though what is heard is not always what is actually spoken -it is used to manipulate.

Peace to you, Etritonakin.

The voice is not always evil. The Voice that talked to Peter in Acts and Samuel in 1 Samuel was the LORD.

Etritonakin

I would advise simply keeping the commandments.

2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
2Th 2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
2Th 2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
2Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
I think we should each respect the power of our own subjective universe, as well as the objective universe around us.

RedStorm

Pride and Arrogance
Hearing voices is the sign of deficiencies in the brain.
Easy explanation, these people needed help no one could give them