• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hanging Stuff

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I read in a Feng Shui book quite some time ago that items should be hung on walls according to the height of the people inhabiting the area.

This is usually easy to accomplish in a child's bedroom, or an office space. Not so much in a communal area.

At the request of one of the kids, the TV is being remounted. It was taken down a few years ago, because it literally went over a year without being turned on. We're putting it in a more out of the way area, though. My husband placed the bracket(he's the tallest of us), and... I went out and looked up... "How in the world is [the very short 5 year old] gonna see it way up there?" He's adjusting(grumpily).

At what height do you hang your wall hangings?

Bonus question: What are your favorite things on your walls?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I hang things so that they "look right" for adult viewing.
My favorites are vintage advertising for engines & machine
tools. But I also have a wonderful 1860s Japanese woodblock
print of a go player strangling an assailant while holding an
impossibly large go board as a weapon against others.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
We hang it where it looks good.
Sams embroidery lines a corridor, in groups of 2 or 3 (similar subjects) that rise from one about 5:ft, one a little higher and the 3rd higher still.

The stairwell has copies of da Vinci sketches bought from his home town.

My favourites, i do like Sam's work,
A picture of Lake town from the Hobbit we were allowed to keep.
But best is. A painting of my favourite spot to relax and think commissioned by the children a couple of years ago.

SalixIncendium

Qur'an Reciting Transtheistic Mahdi Claimant
Staff member
Premium Member
At what height do you hang your wall hangings?
Either at eye level or where there are existing holes in the walls.

Bonus question: What are your favorite things on your walls?
This is the only thing hanging on my walls...

IMG_0965.jpeg

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I really like the mountains and yin yangs.
Thanks! The yin yangs I made on upcycled damaged records. They represent the five i ching elements, earth, metal, fire, water and wood respectively. At work they're hung in the creative cycle.

The mountains painting is up in my room. And it's huge, like six feet long. Used a bunch of metallic paints and texture paints too which was fun.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks! The yin yangs I made on upcycled damaged records. They represent the five i ching elements, earth, metal, fire, water and wood respectively. At work they're hung in the creative cycle.

The mountains painting is up in my room. And it's huge, like six feet long. Used a bunch of metallic paints and texture paints too which was fun.
Wow! I'm super impressed! Great work! :D

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
My husband insists on covering just about every square inch of walls with something ... family pictures, Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe, Princess Diana. I told him that in the new apartment ... "NO!" It's not going to look like the Louvre.

We're going to wall mount the tv to save floor space. I suggested the tv go at a height viewable from the recliners. Right now, with the tv on a stand we have to bend our necks forward when we're reclined.

libre

Skylark

That is very cool.

It would seem you are not just ADigitalArtist. :)