• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Guy tries convincing NPCs they're in simulation

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I've seen that video before. It's pretty funny. That was the Matrix demo they put out a few years ago. Unfortunately it's not available anymore, at least not on console.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Maybe argue with a chat box?

Technically I find my electronic human counterparts are in their real universe , and I'm in my real universe , making this quite a philosophical debacle that would give people countless hours of debate and conjecture!

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Eventually they'll incorporate some level of AI into NPCs, and then we shall see some weird things....lol

Free Guy made real.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Idk why but this prospect actually scares me. But I apparently run on worry... So, there's that.
Well...you can console yourself in the fact that AI right now isn't really AI in the true sense of the word. It's just a large language model, or generate AI, both of which rely on being trained on datasets, and creating content based on discernible patterns within that.

TLDR; we have developed technology that is very good at mimicing intelligence.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Idk why but this prospect actually scares me. But I apparently run on worry... So, there's that.
Well...you can console yourself in the fact that AI right now isn't really AI in the true sense of the word. It's just a large language model, or generate AI, both of which rely on being trained on datasets, and creating content based on discernible patterns within that.

TLDR; we have developed technology that is very good at mimicing intelligence.