• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God Recreated the Earth 6,000 Years Ago!

Do you believe God possibly recreated the Earth 6,000 years ago?

• Yes, it's possible that God recreated the Earth 6,000 years ago.

Votes: 13 11.6%
  • No, there is no way that the Earth could have been recreated 6,000 years ago.

Votes: 99 88.4%

• Total voters

jonathan180iq

Perhaps we can agree on what an assumption is, even a scientific assumption. No modern scientists were eyewitness to any of these past events. In my lifetime, the age of the Earth has moved by billions of years.

Scientific data is continuously getting more accurate. In the same way that Pi isn't just 3.14, or 3.1415, or 3.141592 the age of the Earth is constantly being refined as new or better data becomes available.

Over the course of a billion years, an error of only 1% still means the number will be off by 10 million years.... Think about that for a second. Of course the number is going to swing by vast amounts because we talking about an incredible number of integers.

As for evidence of 8, not 12, people in more recent times, it has been established by scientists how the human population has, until the advent of modern medicine, doubled approximately every 125 years or so. Put 7 Billion into an Excel spreadsheet, and then divide by two every 125 years... when do you get to 8 persons? Pretty interesting... as you can imagine, I would interpret this as a piece of data where archaeology and other sciences are affirming the possibilities we see in the Holy Bible.

Do you really want to that?

7,000,000,000 / 2 = 3,500,000,000
3,500,000,000 / 2 = 1,750,000,000
etc.
etc.

Do that a few more times, and by the 30th time, you have 6.5 people left on Earth.
30 x 125 year intervals = 3,750 years...

So Noah's flood happened 3,750 years ago?

Yikes!
4th millennium BC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There goes the bronze age!

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
All,

Perhaps we can agree on what an assumption is, even a scientific assumption. No modern scientists were eyewitness to any of these past events. In my lifetime, the age of the Earth has moved by billions of years.

As for evidence of 8, not 12, people in more recent times, it has been established by scientists how the human population has, until the advent of modern medicine, doubled approximately every 125 years or so. Put 7 Billion into an Excel spreadsheet, and then divide by two every 125 years... when do you get to 8 persons? Pretty interesting... as you can imagine, I would interpret this as a piece of data where archaeology and other sciences are affirming the possibilities we see in the Holy Bible.

If the human population doubles every 125 years, then in the approximate 300 years from Noah's Flood to the Tower of Babel, the human population would have increased from 8 to 42. Wow! I wouldn't have thought God would've been so worried about anything that could've been done by so few people. :p

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The Biblical or Koranic myth of Adam and Eve would subsequently involve a story about incestuous relationships and inbred children!

Please quote from Quran where incest between Adam and Eve has been mentioned.

Clearly now, you can see that the Bible should not always be taken as a word of revelation from the "One-True-God" nor should the Bible always be accepted as an ethical, moral or "spiritual" uplift.

The Original Word of Revelation on Moses did have qualities of ethical, moral and spiritual uplift later when the clergy or narrators changed it to suit their whims, Bible lost such qualities. It is better, therefore, to focus on the core teachings of Bible and leave peripherals added later by the erring clergy.

The Bible makes a falsifiable assertion that everybody is descendant from a man and woman who lived together 6,000 years

I agree with you that the inference from Bible "that everybody is descendant from a man and woman who lived together" in the past.

who lived together 6,000 years

_____and the period of "6000 years" is a wrong inference from Bible, unless one quotes literally from Bible to have mentioned it.

Regards

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
He said "subsequently". What he's referring to is that Adam and Eve were the only ones who could have children, which means that their boys and girls had to marry and do hum-hum with each other, since no other moms or dads existed yet. So subsequently from the concept of having just Adam and Eve to start with, only their children could do it with each other or with their parents. No one else was around. Or were there other families there with Adam and Eve?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
He said "subsequently". What he's referring to is that Adam and Eve were the only ones who could have children, which means that their boys and girls had to marry and do hum-hum with each other, since no other moms or dads existed yet. So subsequently from the concept of having just Adam and Eve to start with, only their children could do it with each other or with their parents. No one else was around. Or were there other families there with Adam and Eve?

Adam and Eve belonged to tribes who had many people so there is no question of incest.
Regards

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

The Original Word of Revelation on Moses did have qualities of ethical, moral and spiritual uplift later when the clergy or narrators changed it to suit their whims, Bible lost such qualities. It is better, therefore, to focus on the core teachings of Bible and leave peripherals added later by the erring clergy.

I agree with you that the inference from Bible "that everybody is descendant from a man and woman who lived together" in the past.

_____and the period of "6000 years" is a wrong inference from Bible, unless one quotes literally from Bible to have mentioned it.

Regards

The Koran teaches that everybody descended from a single pair of original ancestors, Adam and Eve. In this case, if Adam and Eve didn't commit incest, then Adam and Eve's children would've had to commit incest amongst their siblings; because there would have been nobody else with whom they could have procreated the next generation.

"Oh mankind! We created you from a single pair of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, so that you may know each other" (Al-Hujurat 49:13)
"It is He Who created you from a single person, and made his mate of like nature, in order that he might dwell with her (in love)" (Al-A`raf 7:189)

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Ah. So God created many people, not just Adam and Eve? Or, put it this way, where did the people in the tribes come from?

Like He created other life on earth for instance trees. What is strange about it? I don't get you, please elaborate.

Regards

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Mangled grapes amongst the fig leaves.
Fruit eaten and sin revealed.
Goest thou amongst the others.
Live shortly in your endowment,
and die the death of betrayal.
I am as I will be !
~
'mud

DH1986

I doubt Adam had any genetic defects if he lived to be 930 years old. So, it's doubtful that an incestuous relationship among his children would have enhanced the chances of his children having diseases. I think there were other people at the time - who would have Cain been worried about?

jonathan180iq

According to the Genesis story, God created only Adam and Eve, and then they had children.

I doubt Adam had any genetic defects if he lived to be 930 years old. So, it's doubtful that an incestuous relationship among his children would have enhanced the chances of his children having diseases. I think there were other people at the time - who would have Cain been worried about?

It's been 90 years guys... Let's not do this again.

Scopes Trial - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The Koran teaches that everybody descended from a single pair of original ancestors, Adam and Eve. In this case, if Adam and Eve didn't commit incest, then Adam and Eve's children would've had to commit incest amongst their siblings; because there would have been nobody else with whom they could have procreated the next generation.

"Oh mankind! We created you from a single pair of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, so that you may know each other" (Al-Hujurat 49:13)
"It is He Who created you from a single person, and made his mate of like nature, in order that he might dwell with her (in love)" (Al-A`raf 7:189)

I quote the verses mentioned by you:

[49:14]O mankind, We have created you from a male and a female; and We have made you into tribes and sub-tribes that you may recognize one another. Verily, the most honourable among you, in the sight of Allah, is he who is the most righteous among you. Surely, Allah is All-knowing, All-Aware.

The Holy Quran Arabic text with Translation in English text and Search Engine - Al Islam Online

It does not make a mention of Adam or Eve specifically, it mentions generally of every male and female and of tribes they belong to.

I quote the next verse given by you:

[7:190]He it is Who has created you from a single soul, and made therefrom its mate, that he might find comfort in her. And when he knows her, she bears a light burden, and goes about with it. And when she grows heavy, they both pray to Allah, their Lord,saying: ‘If Thou give us a goodchild,we will surely be of the thankful.’

The Holy Quran Arabic text with Translation in English text and Search Engine - Al Islam Online

This verse is also general for male and female and their being a pair to prosper and have comfort in the process.
You may therefore like to please correct your inference.

Regards