• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

France Court rejects anti-islamic burkina ban

Servant_of_the_One1

Mayors do not have the right to ban burkinis, France's highest administrative court ruled Friday.

The Council of State's ruling suspends a ban in the town of Villeneuve-Loubet, near Nice, and could affect cities around the country that have prohibited the full-length swimsuit.

Court teaches the French a good lesson. Its a warning for them not to become the new Nazis.

Servant_of_the_One1

I was glad when I saw this news today, too. The level of anti-Islamic sentiment in the global dialogue as of late is quite troubling, and more troubling when it becomes systematic persecution through laws.

Without the law and order, it will be jungle where minorities will be butchered just like the jews were annihiliated in ww2.
So its good that Court took this firm decision.

Genocide and persecuation always starts by banning religious symbols or enforcing discriminatory rules upon the minorities.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Court teaches the French a good lesson. Its a warning for them not to become the new Nazis.
Wait until the French start voting in politicians like Marine Le Pen. They will teach the courts a lesson.
I don't think this is about swimwear. I think that the French want to keep France French. They are much more under the gun of Islamic cultural imperialism than, say, the USA. And they are pushing back.
At this point it is nonviolently.
Tom

Servant_of_the_One1

Wait until the French start voting in politicians like Marine Le Pen. They will teach the courts a lesson.
I don't think this is about swimwear. I think that the French want to keep France French. They are much more under the gun of Islamic cultural imperialism than, say, the USA. And they are pushing back.
At this point it is nonviolently.
Tom
come on thats a lie , u know that.

French muslims are 6 million, tiny minority compared to the majority
French army is well trained

So please tell me how will 6 million muslims take France away from the French?

Its a weak propganda to say French people are losing their land.

That would be true if the muslims were 50%.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
For a small number, Islamic imperialists have managed to create a lot of violent mayhem.

Then the French push back a little and suddenly they are Nazis?
If you really wanted to advocate for personal liberty, let's start with Saudi Arabia. Ever hear about Raif Badawi?
Tom

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member

more than 3 millions are Algerians, we are lucky :D

Skwim

Veteran Member
MORE OF THE STORY

"By overturning a discriminatory ban that is fueled by and is fueling prejudice and intolerance, today's decision has drawn an important line in the sand," Amnesty International Europe Director John Dalhuisen said in a statement.

But it's unclear how other towns with burkini bans will respond to Friday's decision. If mayors continue to enforce and enact such decrees, they could face similar legal challenges.

No matter what, battles over the burkini in the court -- and in the court of public opinion -- are far from over.

Friday's decision was an initial ruling by the Council of State while it continues to prepare its more detailed judgment on the legal issues in the case.

Meanwhile, French Prime Minister Manuel Valls has said he supports banning burkinis. And former French President Nicolas Sarkozy, who plans to run again for the nation's top job, has said he would immediately enact a national ban of the swimsuits."

source

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Then the French push back a little and suddenly they are Nazis?
If you really wanted to advocate for personal liberty, let's start with Saudi Arabia. Ever hear about Raif Badawi?
Tom

I do agree the Saudi Arabia (most of kings of oil and others republic ) don't have freedom of speech,I am with you that France and West are more advance in this case,and in citizens rights.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Without the law and order, it will be jungle where minorities will be butchered just like the jews were annihiliated in ww2.
So its good that Court took this firm decision.

In spite of the decision, I'm afraid it is not likely to be the last of such attempts, given how much broiling animosity is present. Opponents will seek other paths to accomplish their goals. One can only pray that cooler heads will prevail and prevent various regions from erupting into bloody war.

Genocide and persecuation always starts by banning religious symbols or enforcing discriminatory rules upon the minorities.

It can start that way, yes. Other times, policy adjustments are not a prelude to some sort of larger persecution efforts. I'm not sure if a measure like this would have been an opening volley to something greater, or just a little thing. I don't know enough about the politics of the region to have much of an informed opinion on that.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Mayors do not have the right to ban burkinis, France's highest administrative court ruled Friday.

The Council of State's ruling suspends a ban in the town of Villeneuve-Loubet, near Nice, and could affect cities around the country that have prohibited the full-length swimsuit.

Please keep in mind that defending secularism is very different from 'becoming new Nazis". If you disagree, by all means tell us why.

One has to wonder how much of a choice being "Anti-Islamic" can even be, when Islam is so fiercely anti-secularist and so adverse to any and all criticisms.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

Is it, though?

You realize that you are in essence warning France to never allow Muslims to become a majority?

You know what, since you are so quick to mention Nazism, I think I will read a bit about this person now. Anything you might want to say about him?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amin_al-Husseini

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Or even a substantial minority.
The ability of Muslims to flip between insistence on their own personal rights, while arguing against those of others(including those people who gave them the rights in the first place) is a huge part of the problem.
Tom
Indeed. Sometimes it is hard to avoid a perception that many Muslims fully expect the countries that they live in to submit to Sharia as soon as there is a majority of Muslims living there.

I dearly hope they do not mean to force others into choosing between being their subjects or their enemies.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member

I hope that you support this decision because you support individual freedom and the right of a woman to choose for herself what she will or will not wear on a public beach. I hope that the reason you support this is not because you think it is a step towards forcing women to dress the way you want them to.
bikini_burkini.jpg

Neither should be outlawed or enforced.