• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Example: Jews. Christians. Muslims worship the same God of Abraham

Tesla

I read everything. You lost me, though. When I speak of God, I dont speak in active voice as "God deemed what is appropriate" and "he can only speak to prophets." It's more, God IS life.

This is long. It's a story and narrative to ocmpare how I see God and life compared to how you (and other believers) explain it to me.

Let me think of a comparison.

The two of us are in separate rooms. Both rooms are pitch dark. There is no lamp. There is no light bulb. The door is locked. We have no key.

Then, in both of our rooms, suddenly, the light comes on.

I think wow, all this time being in the dark, with all these experiences, now I can see. There is light. Period. Who cut it on? Why would I ask that? That isn't in my brain to ask because there is no switch. There is nothing there to make me think there is a way to cut the light on. It's on. I can see. That's it. Now, I can focus on this life. This room. I can see the road ahead. Can't see my destination. I don't feel trapped.

(This is what I'm hearing from you)

You think all this time from being in the dark, I got light. From all my experiences, it must have come from somewhere or someone. But where? Who? It must be God (given that's what you were taught?). He must have cut on a switch that does not exist. He created a bulb that is not there. Then you think even more that not only did he did this without anything, how wonderful. That's a pure miracle. Now, I can feel this light prickle all over me. It is his love. His grace. Now, I know. I also found out he deemed it appropriate that we have this light. He tells us what we should and should not do. He is God.

-

Then for some reason our doors open. Light splashes from both our rooms. I decide to visit you. I see light you see. (I'm not blind) but I don't look for switches. I dont see light bulbs. I did not look for them. I knew they where not there because they were not there in the first place. That is not how light brightened my room. I don't ask, because I dont need to. That's like asking for directions when you can see your destination already.

Then I ask you in curiosity (thinking that your light came on the same way mine did)

"How did you see he light?"

This is what you say: (Which many of us non believers find odd)

Well, when the light came on, I knew there was someone who cut it on. I felt that person. I didn't need to know there was a switch to cut on the light. I dont need to see a bulb to which that switch and wires should go to. It didn't just come on. There was someone there.

"Someone?" I ask, scratching my head. I know it's a mystery, but, I thought, huh?

"Yes, someone" you say. Then you go on, "he deemed it appropriate that we have this light so we can see where we going. He said that he did this out of love for us."

I look around, "Where did you get this from? In my room, no one is there. I saw no switches. No light bulbs. The light came on. How did you come to that conclusion?

You say, "I got it from God."

:leafwind:

This word, God and deity are foriegn to my ears. That's not my life experiences (not what's in my room). But reality doesn't change just because we have different experiences. Reality is One room. No switch. No light Bulb. We can have traditions and written scripture that says these things exist; however, depending on the person, depends on how they will accept these traditions, scriptures, etc as the source.

That's okay that people believe what they believe. People can believe that who or whatever they believe is a someone or something that cut on the switch and lit the room. However, reality doesn't change because of what we believe....

So....

A Christian. is no different than you nor a Muslim. We are all in our individual rooms. We have all our individual stories. From believers to atheists. However, the reality of it is there is there is No Switch and No Bulb.

That's why the Native Americans call it the Great Mystery.

The Great Mystery is what others call God.

God IS Life Itself.

I hope you read this and everyone else. I think I might keep in on hand. I haven't written in ages.

Okay, I think I see where you’re going with this. I will try to respond with a Jewish perspective. Using your analogy, I’d say that G-d gave also me a very concisely written paragraph which says, “I am G-d. I turned on the light, and I opened the door because I want you to interact with other people and bring meaning into your life. Treat anyone you meet with decency and respect, and if you do that, your life will be improved. Have a wonderful life.”

It doesn’t matter if we believe that the source of the light is something different. Our belief systems will have no ramification on what actually happened. Our beliefs just don’t matter. What matters is how we live our lives, and how we treat one another.

In this analogy, I have a document to tell me what happened. It satiates my curiosity so I can focus my energies on more important things; like creating a connection with you, and bringing joy and meaning to my existence.

Maybe another person was given a document which says, “I am G-d, I turned on the light so you can see beauty and wonder.” And other has a document that reads, “I am G-d, I opened the doors to offer you an opportunity to build friendships.”

The problem only comes in when the door to another room is opened, and out pops this jerk who looks at my document and decides that he can do a better job. So he writes his own explanation to contradict the one I was given, and demands that I follow his document instead of mine. When I refuse, he threatens me with eternal damnation.

To that person, I can do nothing except explain that I don’t agree, and try to avoid them if they can’t resist the urge to continue to push their new doctrine on me. If they believe that the doors were opened because the devil wanted to trick them into leaving their room, then there really isn’t much I can do to stop them. - But their belief in this doesn't impact me or change the nature of the universe.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Okay, I think I see where you’re going with this. I will try to respond with a Jewish perspective. Using your analogy, I’d say that G-d gave also me a very concisely written paragraph which says, “I am G-d. I turned on the light, and I opened the door because I want you to interact with other people and bring meaning into your life. Treat anyone you meet with decency and respect, and if you do that, your life will be improved. Have a wonderful life.”

It doesn’t matter if we believe that the source of the light is something different. Our belief systems will have no ramification on what actually happened. Our beliefs just don’t matter. What matters is how we live our lives, and how we treat one another.

In this analogy, I have a document to tell me what happened. It satiates my curiosity so I can focus my energies on more important things; like creating a connection with you, and bringing joy and meaning to my existence.

Maybe another person was given a document which says, “I am G-d, I turned on the light so you can see beauty and wonder.” And other has a document that reads, “I am G-d, I opened the doors to offer you an opportunity to build friendships.”

The problem only comes in when the door to another room is opened, and out pops this jerk who looks at my document and decides that he can do a better job. So he writes his own explanation to contradict the one I was given, and demands that I follow his document instead of mine. When I refuse, he threatens me with eternal damnation.

To that person, I can do nothing except explain that I don’t agree, and try to avoid them if they can’t resist the urge to continue to push their new doctrine on me. If they believe that the doors were opened because the devil wanted to trick them into leaving their room, then there really isn’t much I can do to stop them. - But their belief in this doesn't impact me or change the nature of the universe.

Wow..and thank you for using the analogy; that helps a lot!

I hope I don't come across as trying to change your documents. What I see on RF is a flux of individual creating their own documents, finding ones from other rooms and claiming it their own, and doing what you said, reexplaining it and making it contradict the originals. I came from a similar path as many on RF. I wasnt raised religious (or finding a purpose to see what's out of the room or why I'm in it), but I learned from other religions that shaped my faith now.

This is just a testimony, but I like how you worded your post. I didn't really learn what religion meant more we had just spontaneous practices that many would call superstition. All mix in American culture, so it makes it look new age. Things like seeing spirits and knowing our loved ones take care of us, these things became my religion as I grew more mature in it.

The analogy I gave from my perspective is what I experienced when I practiced Buddhism, the light within. What I experience now is the conforts of my loved ones already in the room still. Death doesn't separate them or anything like that. So when the doors open and I visit different rooms, I always have my family and family spirits with me. Kind of like they are carrying me. Most of my family believe in Jesus; so, I know near nothing about other Abrahamic faiths. I just find being feeling one is trapped in the room (inherit sin) doesn't make sense...say a person is the light confuses me.

Anyway, the spirits do help me and many people interact with each other. I dont know if people know they attract spirits and it influences how we act. However, I am not one like many I know, to state my beliefs as facts for other people. I find that completely direspectful.

Most cultures I know believe heavily in their family and ancestors...so I don't think I'd be overcoming by saying the spirits are taking care of you as well.

:herb:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

Well said. Reminds me a bit of what Maimonides said about the issue of heaven, namely that we should not do good works just to supposedly get into heaven because that would be doing good only for selfish reasons. Instead, he said we should do good because God made us but didn't have to, plus God made everything else, so we should appreciate all that's been give us and act accordingly.

rusra02

Premium Member
I am reminded of what the Israelites did after their release from slavery in Egypt. Exodus 32:4,5 reports; "Then he [Aaron] took the gold from them, and he formed it with an engraving tool and made it into a statue of a calf. They began to say: “This is your God, O Israel, who led you up out of the land of Egypt.” When Aaron saw this, he built an altar before it. Then Aaron called out: “There is a festival to Jehovah tomorrow.”
Jehovah did not hesitate to show his anger at their idolatry, and several thousand were destroyed. I think this account reveals any claim to worship the God of Abraham must be tested for validity. The trinity is a misrepresentation of the true God, as is the rejection of Jesus Christ as the Son of God. (1 John 2:22,23) Thus, claims to worship the God of Abraham, Jehovah, can be and often are lies, IMO, even as 1 John 2:22 says.

metis

I am reminded of what the Israelites did after their release from slavery in Egypt. Exodus 32:4,5 reports; "Then he [Aaron] took the gold from them, and he formed it with an engraving tool and made it into a statue of a calf. They began to say: “This is your God, O Israel, who led you up out of the land of Egypt.” When Aaron saw this, he built an altar before it. Then Aaron called out: “There is a festival to Jehovah tomorrow.”
Jehovah did not hesitate to show his anger at their idolatry, and several thousand were destroyed. I think this account reveals any claim to worship the God of Abraham must be tested for validity. The trinity is a misrepresentation of the true God, as is the rejection of Jesus Christ as the Son of God. (1 John 2:22,23) Thus, claims to worship the God of Abraham, Jehovah, can be and often are lies, IMO, even as 1 John 2:22 says.
I think it is a mistake to stereotype any religious group.

ramana

Jesus did not worship the brutal God of Abraham, knows as Yahweh and Allah, This God had him persecuted and murdered in cold blood in the most cruel and vile way by his High Priests demand on their Governor. Jesus Heavenly Father cared even for a sparrow falling to the ground, none of his Yahweh smelling their burnt carcasses as a sweet odour pleasing to this brutal Lord, who also told the Jews to commit genocide, bash the babies of their enemies against the rocks and yes even to disembowel the pregnant women of Samaria. The God of Abraham, this semetic invented God is the antithesis of Jesus God and Father.

ramana

So further one may add, I agree with an Atheist in denying such an evil God. Jesus God is just LOVE, not lust or control as love has become under the God of Abraham....but a loving force known in nature and by every atheist.

Cruiser88

Jews, Christians, Muslims, how can there be more than one Creator?

Jesus is the Creator and Messiah of the Jews, also God. Allah is a "moon god" stolen from some 300 different pagan "gods" back in the 600's AD. Islam says Jesus is only a good prophet, that will never fly. The finished work of the cross allows all Jews and Gentiles to be saved by grace today. Paul's gospel tells us all that we need to know........Jesus died for our sins, was dead and buried and rose to new life on the third day. Simply through FAITH believe that gospel and you too will be saved.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Jesus is the Creator and Messiah of the Jews, also God. Allah is a "moon god" stolen from some 300 different pagan "gods" back in the 600's AD. Islam says Jesus is only a good prophet, that will never fly. The finished work of the cross allows all Jews and Gentiles to be saved by grace today. Paul's gospel tells us all that we need to know........Jesus died for our sins, was dead and buried and rose to new life on the third day. Simply through FAITH believe that gospel and you too will be saved.

That is a complete insult to a Muslim's religion. I cant take what you say as fact. Id rather ask a Muslim.

In Abrahamic religions, there is only One Creator. Period.

adamberkey

The god of the jews is the "God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob". Beside Him there is no god. Is the Muslim god the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob? No he is not. The Muslim god is not the God of Jacob (who later was given the name Israel after wrestling with an angel). Muslims do not believe that their god is the God of Israel.

rosends

So further one may add, I agree with an Atheist in denying such an evil God. Jesus God is just LOVE, not lust or control as love has become under the God of Abraham....but a loving force known in nature and by every atheist.
If this is your vision of the divine being then the nature of that being is decidedly different from a believer who says that God is ALL, not "just love."

adamberkey

The Apostle John starts his testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ by declaring that Jesus is God, Jehovah, the Son. The "Word" is Jehovah, Jehovah is the Creator and the Savior, who was gjven the name Jesus during His mortal life.

Last edited:

adamberkey

John the Beloved, John the Revelator was not John the Baptist.

John the Baptist taught and baptized with the Aaronic Priesthood. The Apostle John was commissioned of Jesus Christ to administer His Church as He organized it prior to his crucifixion and death. The Apostle John received the Melchizedek Priesthood under the hands of Jesus.

Baptized jesus and jesus took over his movement when he was murdered by all our best accounts.

He testified to nothing. He wrote nothing.

We only have people who never knew or met him writing in the NT

Last edited:

Native

Free Natural Philosopher & Comparative Mythologist
@Carlita, you asked:

What is the catch that makes people think they are not all the same God?

- We all live on the same planet Earth, in the same Solar System, in the same Milky Way galaxy and in the same part of the created Universe.

Of course we all have the same religious or mythological deities who have created everything and there should be nothing which differs our beliefs.

When this difference seemingly is the case anyway, this is a human problem only where the religious and political leaders fails to reckognize the overall common picture.

Going back to the origin of all religions, most of these have deities of creation with both genders, but the JCM religions have discarded the female mythology of creation and have become patriarchal religions in order to have power and control on the cost of the female world perception and of Mother Nature as such.

If Jesus were God, that would not change a thing. Because there would be still be God the Father. God the Son. and God the Holy Spirit.

According to the most ancient religious beliefs in the Stories of Creation, this statement should be accompagnied and complemented by "Goddess the Mother, goddess the Daughter and Goddess the Holy Spirit".

Our modern global society should really focus on these common issues in order to stop the religious imagined differences which aren´t there at all.

Best Wishes :)
Visit my personal Mytho-Cosmological site - http://www.native-science.net/index.html

Last edited:

agorman

Premium Member
Guys please! Just stop discussing eternally about what's written! Forget those old books written by humans. Forget what your parents and priests taught you. If you really want to know if the god of all Abrahamic religions is the same one, just stop being afraid and ask the god himself! He will give you answers when you're ready to receive them. You may have to insist and ask him many times though; because the human mind is not always ready to get revelations that may break structures and conditionings. So at the begginning, if you are too enclosed in your religion, he will not tell you something different from what you already believe. But the truth is the only useful information.

In my opinion, after many years of spiritual experiments and investigation, I think I know Yaweh = Jesus = Allah = Horus, son of Isis (Heru sa Aset). That is why many Christian churches are adorned with the Eye in the Triangle; that's also why Jews and Muslims use the famous Hamsa (eye in the hand) as a talisman. It's the eye of Horus! And Horus is an alien sirian governor (from another plane/dimension and a planet that orbits the Sirius B star) who rules the Solar System area up until the Saturn's orbit. That's the limit of our matrix/bubble/maya. And he actually prefers to be worshipped as Horus instead of people getting near him through later myths. He does have an army of "angels", which are of the pleyadian race (that's why their usual blonde, norse appearance).

Horus and his mother in particular are extremely advanced beings (probably free spirits already, like buddhas or bodhisattvas) and can appear like other extraterrestrial races. I mean that their bodies, their appearances, are just an expression, a projection of their true selves. That's why we can read stories about these same gods in Sumerian texts, with Sumerian names.

I hope this has given you something to start with. But I can't give you any proof so far of what I've learnt. You have to ask Horus himself. If these advanced people know you're sincere, good willed, respectful, they will reveal information to you. Especially if you are willing to serve them; because they have a sort of military organization. But you'll have to be brave, persistent, patient and willing to open your mind. Maybe an offering of beer will accelerate things. ;)

Terrific Insights.....but...poorly focused . Abraham is the common father of our faiths and led us to the common understanding of God; the "one and only" . The Jews chose not to accept the fullness of this God Abraham led us too....like wise the Muslims dismantled the Divine Deity aswell......the ONE GOD is a community of persons known to the main flow of Christians as the "triune" (TRINITY) Godhead......here is the dividing line we all fall prey to in our common approach/understanding as to the God we worship.......Abraham is the father of our faiths ......but like many fathers , he too has seen a division within the family of believers....ours is a Trinity Godhead ., made up of the persons of Christ and the Holy Spirit.......remember , the basic tenants to the theology of Christianity is that Jesus The Christ is God as expressed in the gospel of John......the Jews and Muslims do not worship or embrace the reality of this God .

metis

The "reality" is that there's no evidence that Jesus actually claimed to be God, and if he did, he certainly wouldn't have hardly attracted any Jews to follow him. There's a difference between being of God versus being God, and it is the former that is more likely the belief with the first disciples. However, as the church became more gentile-dominated, the of got dropped.

Last edited:

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
it is the part not core of some christian view points that Jesus is God.
Actually, it is the core of the majority of Christian theological stances. Most Christians in the world are members of bodies that are patently Trinitarian. And Trinitarian theology forms the basis for core Christian theological thought.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Actually, it is the core of the majority of Christian theological stances. Most Christians in the world are members of bodies that are patently Trinitarian. And Trinitarian theology forms the basis for core Christian theological thought.

How does theology explain the context of the bible as teaching Jesus as God? I know Im not a expert; but, reading the Bible I dont see Jesus as God. I mean, isnt theology based on Church teachings?