• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eid ul Adha 2016 Sermon: The True Eid

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace be on you…Hazrat Khalifatul Messiah V (a.t.) said that we read in Holy Quran and mention in our speeches and sermons repeatedly, and I have mentioned it many times in my sermons that God the Exalted states the purpose of making human:

051-057.png

Wa ma khalaqtul jinna wal insa illa leya’bodoon

[51:57] And I have not created the Jinn and the human that they may worship Me.

If there is any purpose of birth of the human, it is that he should adopt full devotion / worship to Allah the Exalted and become perfect ‘abd’ of Him. What does it mean to become ‘abd’? What is meaning of ‘ya’bodun’? It means perfect servitude and serving with all powers and faculties, to pay right of worship i.e. worship with the bottom of heart and with unique love and it is not felt as weight, perfect obedience and humility.

We observe there is numerous creation of God the Exalted and He has assigned them various works. All of them are working in their sphere as if that they are obeying Him. Compared to them is human, God the Exalted said to him I have assigned this work to you and what is that work?....It is to recognize and obtain your purpose of creation.

How many people are there in the world who act on it? Leave alone other people, see from we Muslims. How many of them fully act on directives, obedient, worship Allah the Exalted with having a special passion of love. If we collect numbers there will be very few who do so, even those who worship Him does customarily or with superficial heart. The majority does not offer Salaats.

It is strange that other things were assigned work and they are doing it and are not disobeying. But human was told clearly that there is the purpose of your life which God the Exalted has placed before you which you have to fulfill but the human does its disobedience and violation. It is as if other things are doing assigned work with obedience but that obedience is not in human. Why is it so? It is because Allah the Exalted gave the right of choice to only human among His creation that he can do as he wishes. And if he understands his purpose of life by acting on the directive of Allah the Exalted which is to adopt full humbleness, and to show full God-fearing and humility, to devote all his love and relations to God, to leave evils and arrogance and bow before God the Exalted. As the result God the Exalted too lean towards human and comes towards him and grant him His love and affection.

It is as, God the Exalted gave two spheres by creating human; disobedience and obedience. And by telling the purpose of the life of human He said if you will remain in the circle of my obedience by being my servant, you will get my benefactions which have no limit, you will get progress in it -- while there is only one circle for other creations and they have to work within it. They do not have any other way except obedience, hence they do not have reward and prize. They have no power and substance to chose one thing from two.

So Allah the Exalted has given this property to human only that he has two ways which he can adopt; one is to get his purpose of creation, to get love of God the Exalted and to adopt humility for Him – and -- second, by not fulfilling this purpose and by being included in disobedient of Him, by going out of His servitude, and becoming servant of Satan. As the result of it, human become worthy of His punishment.

Thus by acting on the directives of Allah the Exalted and by fully obeying His commandments, a human can become true abd / servant of Allah the Exalted and this property is given to human only even the angles are not given this status.

It is benevolence of Allah the Exalted for the human that He gave him such a purpose of life, by obtaining it he can be included in very beloveds of Him. Rather he can reach to the station where even the angels cannot reach.

Thus human is fortunate that by making him, God the Exalted made him superior to His other creation but with the condition: If you will use -- the powers, faculties, capacities and the brain and thought I granted you (which are not given to any other creation) -- in My love, full obedience of My commandments, and in My worship and will fulfill your purpose of life, you will get My love.

As said earlier, the human is given the choice, which path, virtue or evil, he may choose. Evils or worldly attractions pull human to them. Sometimes these things come as a trial, sometimes human is doing virtues, and something comes up which make him astray from the path. In today's world, such things are present at each step which attracts or try to attract a virtuous person too. If the person avoids and he remembers his purpose of creation, Allah the Exalted Who grants His servants a lot, raises many stations of that person who avoided worldly attraction.

After telling human the purpose of creation, Allah the Exalted have done the greatest favour to His servants is that He sends His Messengers, His callers who guide people to their purpose of creation who save human from falling in evils and make effort for this, who save human from skidding from straight path, who inform human about making distinction between virtue and evil. Allah the Exalted mentions such people in Holy Quran as (which is, as a prayer) :

003-194.png

[3:194] “Our Lord, we have heard a Crier calling us unto faith, ‘Believe ye in your Lord,’ and we have believed. Our Lord, forgive us, therefore, our errors and remove from us our evils, and in death number us with the righteous.

So these Criers are those who come from God the Exalted and come to tell human their purpose of creation, they come to tell human the paths to get nearness of Allah the Exalted.

Thus those people are fortunate, who listen to the voice of Crier, and say we heard a Crier from God the Exalted. The Crier called to what? To a business? To any worldly benefit? To give wealth and means? No…But that is the call of such Crier who announces ... to believe – People! believe in your Lord, Who made you, nourishes you, made arrangements to raise you from low state to higher state, gave you progress to the great stage, accept His commands, fulfill your purpose of creation by being a thankful servant of Allah the Exalted by accepting His commands.

So by saying labaik (at your service, here I am) to the caller of this Crier we say ‘fa aammanna” i.e. so we believed and humbly plead to our Lord: ‘rabbana faghfirlana zonubana’ O our Lord forgive our sins. Our believing and to stay on that is not possible without Your special blessing, to follow Your commandments in very difficult without Your support. Without Your help, we cannot lift this heavy weight. We have been doing mistakes since ever, have done may mistakes, You being al-Sattar [The Coverer] and al-Ghaffar [The Forgiver] can save us from the bad end and have been saving. Your mercy which encompasses everything, it has always provided shade to us, we do not have enough power to remain safe from mistakes and slips by ourselves, O Allah You is our Lord, to enable to do virtues, to stay on faith and to increase in it is not possible without Your blessing, we cannot do this work by ourselves, we cannot make ourselves safe from any attack by Satan, so it is You Who keep us established on faith and give progress in it. [It should be prayed] O Allah grant us progress in Eman (faith, belief) so that our sins are forgiven and we get included in those people who have true Eman. ‘wa kaffir anna sai’yey aatenaa’ i.e. remove our evils from us, remove all hindrances which are obstacles in removing our evils, rather erase our sins in such way as they never took place, save us from every punishment, when we come to Your Presence, we may get included in those people who are increased in virtues, to whom You have taught this prayer to get this station: ‘ tawaffana ma’al abrar’ cause us to die, numbered with righteous. It should not happen we do get Eman but then we go away from Eman. You send Crier in each era for its reform. Once after accepting him, we may not be wasting our Eman by getting caught in our ego and selfmade doubts, we may not get the bad end. So O our God! we pray, our end may never be bad and when the time come for our death, we are established on Eman and are included in those people who are ‘abrar’ (righteous) who progress in virtues. Our wisdoms, our acts, our knowledge may not make us astray from right path.

Allah the Exalted said in next verse: (after believing in Crier, pray this too) :

003-195.png

[3:195] “Our Lord, give us The Promise which You made obligatory for Your Messengers in our favour [i.e. misaqun nabiyeen]; and disgrace us not on the Day of Resurrection. Surely, Thou breakest not Thy promise.”

The promises You made with Your Messengers fulfill those for us too. We too get the blessing from those promises, whose promise You made with Your Messengers Your Criers. ‘wa latukhzena yaumal qayamah’ Do not disgrace us on the day of Qaiyyamah, our deeds should be such that they should be under Your commandments, there should not be only mere beliefs, but our deeds may obtain Your pleasure. Enable us to follow Your directives so that we do not go astray from right path till Qaiyyamah. May we not become recipient of any punishment, no punishment may become obligatory for us, may we not come in Your Presence with shame, each moment of our life may pass with our purpose of life in view, may we establish models of real worship, may we get real servitude, may we never give up obedience and fulfilling commandment.

As it is clear from these verses, some detail is mentioned. This is the call which Criers give, and these are things which the acceptors of that Crier do.

Continues

Last edited:

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
So when the era is of such guidance, then it is the greatest of all, day of Eid, we Ahmadis are fortunate, that Allah the Exalted, after 1000 years of dark age era, has again sent a Crier to us, and enabled us to accept him, who told us that Allah the Exalted has sent him to show the real beautiful teaching of Islam to the world. He told us Allah the Exalted sent me as the true servant of Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) to establish Shariah (religious law) brought by him (sa) … The one who came told us I have been sent so that I show the path to become true servant of Allah the Exalted which is gained by practicing full obedience of His commandments.

He (a.s.) said: God sent me in the world so that I pull the lost people towards God and His paths with kindness, moral strength and softness, and that Nur (light) which I have been granted, with its light -- move the people on the right path.

What advices Hazrat Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) has give to us to become true abd (servant)? What does he want from us? When we said ‘aamanna’ what we should make about our conditions?

Some of the advices given by Hazrat Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) to his Jama'at are:

For our Jama'at it is needed that their Eman should be increased, true certainty about God the Exalted and knowledge is developed, there should not be laziness and weariness in doing virtuous deeds, because if there is laziness then even to do ablution becomes a trouble, let alone he offers Tahajjud. If power to do good deeds is not developed and there is no excitement for competing in doing good works, then to make connection with us is
useless………….Obedience is not a small thing and is not easy matter, it is a death, as skin of a live person is taken off, same is obedience. The person who does not obey fully, he brings bad repute to this Movement…………..By doing Bai'at, a person should not only accept that this Movement is true and by accepting this much he is blessed, Allah the Exalted does not become happy by only acceptance unless there are good deeds. Make effort as you joined this Movement, be virtuous, be ‘muttaqi’ (righteous), avoid each evil, do prayer and supplication, give alms and charity, keep speech kind, make Istighfar (seek divine cover and help) your routine, pray in Salaats………..Salaat and istighfar are good cure for the negligence of heart. Pray should be done during Salaat, O Allah! put separation between me and my sins. If person continues to pray with sincerity, then it is sure it may be accepted at any time…………………..Salaat is such a virtue, by offering it, satanic weakness is removed and it is called pray. Satan wants that human should remain weak in it because he knows as much correction human will do of himself he will do by this mean (i.e. by Salaat).

Hazrat Khalifatul Messiah V (a.t.) said: These are from few things I presented before you, from numerous treasures which Imam of age, the Crier granted to us. An Eid was then, when Allah the Exalted sent Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.). Then the world was restless, people who felt pain for deen (religion) were anxious. Muslims would celebrate Eids, but those who felt pain for Islam were anxious during those Eids too and were waiting for coming of a Messiah to give cure to sicks of religion so that they may celebrate true joys of Eid……It is mentioned in our history by the reference of Munshi Ahmad Jan sahib, he had special connection with Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.) and he had gained understating of Taqwa, worship and station of Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.) before his (a.s.) claim. He wrote to Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.) by expressing his hearty passions:

We sicks has eyes on you

You, be Messiah for the sake of God

(his passions meant) so that we can celebrate true Eids. He passed away before Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.) began to take Bai'at. But those who did Bait of him (a.s.) in that time and latter, true Eids were theirs. Surely true Eid can be of his who is healthy and is happy and satisfied living with his beloveds. So Allah the Exalted sent the Messiah to cure spiritual patients, to take care swaying boat of Islam , he gave spiritual cure to many. There are many events about it saved in the history of Jama'at, rather they are taking place till now. Huzur (a.t) said I mention some events at various occasions. Many people write that we obtained peace and tranquility by getting truth, and real Eid is peace and tranquility of heart, the happiness we got today, never before it was obtained.

Hazrat Musleh Mo'ud (r.a.) once gave example while presenting this subject: If there are many people in gathering, if one’s child is lost when that child meets his father after one or two hours, how much happiness child and father get. Likewise the servant who is strayed from God the Exalted when meet Him and reach in His Presence servant become happy and God the Exalted is pleased. If there is true Eid, it is this Eid. ………

Eid is felt good in home and homeland. If people are traveler and out of home, their Eids are dull-like. If a person is in jungle, there are beasts all around, dacoits are there, life is in danger, what happiness he can have of Eid? Eid is of his, who is at home with his family and relatives and friends, safe from dangers -- Eid can be his. The person strayed from path of God, is wandering in the jungle of misguidance and error, can his true Eid be true?

Eid is the name of happiness, and happiness is satisfaction and comfort of heart. The center of all loves is Allah the Exalted and should be for a Momin (true believer). Perfect love with Him is required. Thus he will get happiness and true Eid will be of him who will be reached in the Presence of his Master, because the source of all kind of comforts, happinesses and Eids is that Pure Being. So it is the truth, for which we should make effort to adopt. If we have to celebrate true Eid, we have to cure our spiritual health, by saving ourselves from straying from right path. All of us should do effort for it……It is Allah the Exalted Who saves from Satan and enable us to move on right path, that is why we should keep praying to Him. We have believed in Imam of age, then there is need to practice his teaching so that we can connect ourselves with God the Exalted too and thus fulfill purpose of our creation. May Allah the Exalted enable us to do so. [Aameen]

….

….

Based on Eid ul Adha sermon (13 September 2016) by Hazrat Khalifatul Messiah V (may Allah the Exalted help him with His Mighty help), UK, alislam.org, mta.tv, youtube

Last edited: