• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dungeons and Dragons

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
I haven't played in ages and only IRL. In college there was a group of us and we'd commandeer the pool table in my dorm's rec room and spread out over it for marathon sessions. That was eons ago but I know I still have my dice and miniatures somewhere in storage. My books too but they'd be antiquated af.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I haven't played in ages and only IRL. In college there was a group of us and we'd commandeer the pool table in my dorm's rec room and spread out over it for marathon sessions. That was eons ago but I know I still have my dice and miniatures somewhere in storage. My books too but they'd be antiquated af.
What was your favourite classes and races?

Nimos

Does anyone here play Dungeons and Dragons?

I've joined an online group, as a barbarian elf
I used to when I was younger. Played D&D and Warhammer and all those. It was fun, but unfortunately, it requires a lot of time and coordination.

But I always enjoyed fantasy and is currently working my way through the Dragonlance books :D

Heyo

Veteran Member

I've never played D&D specifically. I started with AD&D and have played about a dozen systems since, including Shadowrun, GURPS, Midgard and most of all the system I developed myself. I prefer to play irl, but due to players living far apart and Covid, we also played online using Jitsi, Discord and Roll20.
I've currently no active group, but I'm trying to get some people together.
My old system is getting a revision and an HTML version.

Have you also contemplated to start an online group with RF members? It might be fun, but the difference in time zones may be a hassle.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I've never played D&D specifically. I started with AD&D and have played about a dozen systems since, including Shadowrun, GURPS, Midgard and most of all the system I developed myself. I prefer to play irl, but due to players living far apart and Covid, we also played online using Jitsi, Discord and Roll20.
I've currently no active group, but I'm trying to get some people together.
My old system is getting a revision and an HTML version.

Have you also contemplated to start an online group with RF members? It might be fun, but the difference in time zones may be a hassle.
5th ed D&D is my comfort food because it's easiest to get the most people on board. But I do love me some Shadowrun, Mage, Call of Cthulhu, Fate core and Edge of the Empire.
Have a bunch of the ooooold shadowrun novels and supplements too. Esp 2nd ed which I think had the most fun stories to tell.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I'd be interested in helping out (maybe helping the DM with planning, or writing) but I wouldn't be able to join or whatever. Time Zones, and just general time are not my friends with these type of things.

Tamino

I've only tried AD&D once, but I play the German equivalent DSA.
Pen and Paper has its highlights, but I sometimes find the detailed rule sets a bit tedious, I prefer the world-building and the storytelling aspects.
I like live roleplay best. Much more of a challenge, and much more focused on acting and the story than the rules and numbers.

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.

I loved D&D. I started playing it when it first came out in the early 70s and continued for several years. I hear you can play it online now, but I can't imagine it would be the same experience.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Well, I'd definitely be up for an RF Dungeons and Dragons group!

We'd need a few more people though
Count me in! Roll20 is good, and you can get voice chat through Discord.