• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't the Hinduism (Dharmic) people need a concise Scripture?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I personally don't think that the Vedas need compressing. I don't think that the Vedas have been modified or corrupted so far so I discourage any act of doing so by you or any other.
Friend!
You told us that there are no differences/contradictions in Veda .
Friend @Aupmanyav in post #8 has pointed that one rishi of Veda could differ with other rishis or all of them:

"If one RigVedic poet does not like worship of idols, it does not make it necessary for all Hindus to stop worship idols, just as denial of existence of Gods or their rise after the production of the universe in one hymn does not make it necessary for all Hindus to deny God. While discussing Hinduism, drop your idiotic Islamic insistence on the word of scriptures. That does not apply here. We are not slaves either to Gods or to scriptures unless one chooses to be. People like me do not even accept the existence of God. Each Hindu will decide what he or she will do. Probably after generations of slavery you just do not know what freedom means."

Please note it.

Regards

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
The existence of various perspectives is not a flaw, but rather a feature.

Disagreement is not a bad thing, as long as there is a good understanding of the subject matter. It can actually be an indication that the understanding exists.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Don't the Hinduism (Dharmic) people need a concise Scripture?

I was told here that not all Hinduism (Dharmic) people believe in Veda or feel its needed for their religion, so in this sense they have compressed the Veda to nil and of course other religions and no-religions have compressed the Veda already to Zero by not having faith in it. Muslims respect Veda and Ahmadiyya Muslims believe that originally it was truthful but due to centuries time lapsed it has lost its originality due to many factors.

Regards
By compressing it against the express wishes of various Hindus you show an utter lack of respect for the Vedas. Not reading it is not the same as disrespecting something. What utter nonsense. I can respect Hamlet and indeed Shakespeare without reading or watching it.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Friend!
You told us that there are no differences/contradictions in Veda .
Friend @Aupmanyav in post #8 has pointed that one rishi of Veda could differ with other rishis or all of them:

"If one RigVedic poet does not like worship of idols, it does not make it necessary for all Hindus to stop worship idols, just as denial of existence of Gods or their rise after the production of the universe in one hymn does not make it necessary for all Hindus to deny God. While discussing Hinduism, drop your idiotic Islamic insistence on the word of scriptures. That does not apply here. We are not slaves either to Gods or to scriptures unless one chooses to be. People like me do not even accept the existence of God. Each Hindu will decide what he or she will do. Probably after generations of slavery you just do not know what freedom means."

Please note it.

Regards

Aup has a unique perspective since he is an atheist. If you find a contradiction in the scriptures, please let me know.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Aup has a unique perspective since he is an atheist. If you find a contradiction in the scriptures, please let me know.
I will let you and others know so that the differences and contradictions are removed, resolved and reconciled and the Atheism hidden hand does not distract peoples from the merits of Veda.
Regards

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Do you just hate our scripture, us or are you just so filled with hubris that any sense of respect is foreign to you?
Your so called blueprints continues to make a farce out of our scripture. Twisting it and bending it like it's nothing more than clay instead of what it's supposed to be. A volume of ancient wisdom to be soaked up.
This is nothing but Newsspeak sir.

I suspect that's his intention. To paarsurrey, all religions are meaningless unless they teach the same thing as his.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
By compressing it against the express wishes of various Hindus you show an utter lack of respect for the Vedas. Not reading it is not the same as disrespecting something. What utter nonsense. I can respect Hamlet and indeed Shakespeare without reading or watching it.

Veda is a revealed scripture, please don't compare it with Hamlet or any other drama of Shakespeare, he never claimed to have written any scripture not to speak of Veda. Please
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I suspect that's his intention. To paarsurrey, all religions are meaningless unless they teach the same thing as his.
Please quote from me where I said that all religions based on holy revealed scripture are meaningless. God spoke to Zoroaster but Zoroastrians did not care to preserve what he said or write, and their clergy/priests converted the light given to Zoroaster into darkness hence their spiritual downfall. Please
Regards

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I will let you and others know so that the differences and contradictions are removed, resolved and reconciled and the Atheism hidden hand does not distract peoples from the merits of Veda.
Regards
My, you really ought to do something about that nasty rejection of atheism that you suffer from.

It is distorting your religious conceptions to a dangerous degree.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Veda Scripture- The Compressed One

I wish that ordinary man should be facilitated to read and finish Vedas- the Scripture in a reasonable time frame , and people get spiritual guidance direct from the scripture itself, rather than from a third person.
Life being so busy, ordinary people cannot afford to read such a voluminous Vedic scripture, they will rather be thankful if such a concise/condensed/compressed scripture is compiled which could be finished if not in 30 days or a month, then at least once in a year. Quran could be finished in thirty days , if read a part of it in 30/45 minutes a day, just for information in this connection, please.

The latest on the blueprint of the above is like this to summarize:

1. Rigveda, is proposed to be kept mostly as it is. I understand that it is about 1000 ± pages, not possible to read by a busy person, therefore, it also needs compression as is evident. The elite class of Brahmins wanted to create as many as possible obstacles to keep Veda out of reach of an ordinary man, it is one such obstacle. Rigveda is also to be compressed, therefore, however, references will be provided so that one who wants to go to detailed study of Veda could access them. Right? Please
2. Sam Veda which is a liturgical text whose 1,875 verses are primarily derived from the Rigveda and only 65 new mantras/verses are there in Samaveda, It will be compressed to 65 verses only and a footnote written on the verses in the Rigveda indicating to that effect.
3.I have read Yajurveda from cover to cover . I have found out that about some 50 or more verses are just repetition of the previous verses . These could be compressed and only references provided in the original one.
4.We get a clue from post #18 ,#43, in another thread, that only a few verses on war/battles in Yajurveda should be mentioned in the compressed Yajurveda, though they form about 10% of Yajurveda, and the rest should be compressed. and only references retained, as this is against the contemporary Veda believers, who hold Ahimsa as a basic creed of Veda, and that is a wrong concept. Right? Please
5.I get a clue from post #12 that the original, if there was/is one, should have the holy Sanskrit text side by side the translation to solve any ambiguity if the need be. That would require a two-fold compression, yet not impossible, if the friends who ascribe themselves to Vedas help us, as I don't know any Sanskrit as of now myself. Right? Please
6.We get a clue from post #79 that Veda is not to be taken literal, it is in symbols and metaphors.#80,#5 friend
19460.jpg
@Madhuri Post #4 ,friend
31456.jpg
@ratikala post #15 , friend
499.jpg
@Sunstone post #9
, and friend
53071.jpg
@SomeRandom post #16 describes, "But I tend to interpret things metaphorically rather than most traditional Hindus. But even still how can we possibly fathom the true form? The idols may contain the presence or energy or whatever one wishes to call it of the Nameless formless one, but they are still approximations"
7. We get a clue from post #23 in another thread that there is too much monotony in Rigveda. So for minimizing it only some or more representative passages/verses should go to the compressed Rigveda but their references will be provided as mentioned in point one above. Please
8. We get from Yajurveda 15:13 “learn that part of the Veda which deals with the Unity of God” ONENESS of G-d.God and the attributes of God are most mentioned in Yajurveda, God and gods are different things.Friend
19460.jpg
@Madhuri Post #87 God is the source of the gods. And I think it says in the text that the Supreme God IS Hiranyagarbha; not that the Supreme God is created from the egg.These parts of Veda must be given preference over anything else #52. Right? Please.

9. Veda was once one book in terms of post #31 , #65 this way it will become one again from the four or many Vedas 105 .
Anybody, please
10. I understand from
11823.jpg
@Aupmanyav that the hymns of Veda have no chronological order, and (now my opinion) perhaps not even arranged subject-wise or under any system commanded by Brahman and are in a haphazard form. I would like some system in their arrangement and will like some suggestions to this effect for the Compressed Veda.
Please
11.I understand from some posts that there are some "contradictions and differences" in Veda.In such a voluminous scriptures this was inevitable due to the human factor. If friends agree then the ones who are in line with the common sense and or with Quran those would be retained and the others will be compressed but references provided in the footnotes, so that those interested could access them and read them. Post #561, #565 .
12. Vedas were revealed on Rishis, and rishis are one's senses and also one's satguru, friend @atanu told us in post #28. If he is right, and there is no reason of him being wrong, then everybody having senses could understand and interpret Veda and Veda is for him , Brhamin or Shudra or Daulit or untouchanble or anybody/everybody else in any part of the world of whatever religion. Right? Please

Regards

Last edited:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
31509.jpg
@Jainarayan , correct me if I am wrong, has told in one of the posts that Veda has got contradictions and differences in it. In such a voluminous scriptures this was inevitable due to the human interference with it

I am correcting you; you are wrong. I never said or implied any such thing.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I am correcting you; you are wrong. I never said or implied any such thing.
Sorry, my mistake. I have corrected the post.
This way corrections will be made if I am convinced that I made a mistake or I understood wrongly. Please
Thanks and Regards

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Veda is a revealed scripture, please don't compare it with Hamlet or any other drama of Shakespeare, he never claimed to have written any scripture not to speak of Veda. Please
Regards
Please don't tell me how to view my own scripture or indeed how to interpret it. You are not an expert you are not a trained Pundit or a trained Guru.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Please don't tell me how to view my own scripture or indeed how to interpret it. You are not an expert you are not a trained Pundit or a trained Guru.
If one blieves a scripture. that does not give one hegemony on it. Veddly is for everybody. I am not teaching anybody, we are just having a friendly discussion. I never claimed to be any expert or anybody's guru. Please
Regards

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
If one blieves a scripture. that does not give one hegemony on it. Veddly is for everybody. I am not teaching anybody, we are just having a friendly discussion. I never claimed to be any expert or anybody's guru. Please
Regards
You are telling me a Hindu how to view my own scripture. You are not a Hindu unless I have mistaken your religious views. I do not tell you how to view the Qaran for I am not that rude. Well usually anyway. I am not suggesting you not read the Vedas. Read it every hour on the hour if you please. But do not tell me how to take the Vedas. That is my choice.

JediConsular

Yes, I'm a Star Wars fan! :)
Paarsurrey, why are you hostile towards Atheism? If you can tolerate other religious & spiritual beliefs, then why can't you tolerate & acknowledge Atheism? Your sig says 'Love For All. Hatred For None', yet you dislike Atheism.

Also, why are you telling those who follow Sanatana Dharma to follow your view on Sanatani literature? What is your motivation behind it? Are you genuinely interested in debating & learning, or are there other motivations?