• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does the Text say Here will be Washed with Fire?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Now from my understanding, within many texts globally there is a matching prophecy that the earth will be washed by something that appears as fire, refining the beings that dwell here, and only leaving the pure after.

Now on talking to the different religious groups (especially Abrahamic), many seem in a state of denial of what the text states, and instead have made up their own oral traditions.

So without linking the other religions (Zoroastrianism, Hinduism, American Indian, Mayan, etc), interested in debating the scriptural evidence within the Tanakh, and New Testament for it....
Isa 28:22 Now therefore be ye not mockers, lest your bands be made strong: for I have heard from the Lord GOD of hosts a consumption, even determined upon the whole earth.
Yeshua states the Chief corner stone within chapter 28 of Isaiah, is in reference to the Parable of The Wicked Husbandmen; which is thus fulfilled globally when the gospel is shared as a testimony against everyone....We clearly find the same global destruction discussed within the New testament in multiple places, and many Christians do accept that is to occur on judgement day.

Where as because the word used in that sentence is land, it is applied by Jews to be only about themselves, and thus not taking any of the prophetic statements within that chapter's fulfillment into account. :confused:
Isa 24:4-6 The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish. (5) The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant. (6) Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.
This prophecy appears to continue until chapter 27, using the word world in multiple places.

Could keep going with all the references to the 'Great Day of the Lord', and interested if people know of other clear references to this event within the Tanakh.
Nah 1:4 He rebuketh the sea, and maketh it dry, and drieth up all the rivers: Bashan languisheth, and Carmel, and the flower of Lebanon languisheth.
Also fascinated therefore, what the people take the Great Day of the Lord to be meaning, if it isn't about the Lord coming here, and wiping out much of the inequity in the process? :innocent:

2ndpillar

Now from my understanding, within many texts globally there is a matching prophecy that the earth will be washed by something that appears as fire, refining the beings that dwell here, and only leaving the pure after.

Now on talking to the different religious groups (especially Abrahamic), many seem in a state of denial of what the text states, and instead have made up their own oral traditions.

So without linking the other religions (Zoroastrianism, Hinduism, American Indian, Mayan, etc), interested in debating the scriptural evidence within the Tanakh, and New Testament for it....

Yeshua states the Chief corner stone within chapter 28 of Isaiah, is in reference to the Parable of The Wicked Husbandmen; which is thus fulfilled globally when the gospel is shared as a testimony against everyone....We clearly find the same global destruction discussed within the New testament in multiple places, and many Christians do accept that is to occur on judgement day.

Where as because the word used in that sentence is land, it is applied by Jews to be only about themselves, and thus not taking any of the prophetic statements within that chapter's fulfillment into account. :confused:

This prophecy appears to continue until chapter 27, using the word world in multiple places.

Could keep going with all the references to the 'Great Day of the Lord', and interested if people know of other clear references to this event within the Tanakh.

Also fascinated therefore, what the people take the Great Day of the Lord to be meaning, if it isn't about the Lord coming here, and wiping out much of the inequity in the process? :innocent:

Dear wiz,
With respect to the "awesome day of the Lord", it is about bringing "all the nations" into the "valley of Jehosphaphat/judgment". (Joel 3:2) There "I will enter into judgment with them there on behalf of my people and my inheritance, Israel". (Joel 3:2) Your term "inequity" is simply a PC word overly used by the left to get the masses to follow them onto the path of destruction. Yeshua's message was to feed the hungry, cloth the naked, and give a drink to the thirsty. It wasn't to sell political advantage of one group over another for votes.

rusra02

Premium Member
Indeed, I believe the Bible repeatedly warns of a destruction of the wicked in a "great tribulation". (Matthew 24:21) Happily, there will be survivors. (Revelation 7:14)

2ndpillar

Indeed, I believe the Bible repeatedly warns of a destruction of the wicked in a "great tribulation". (Matthew 24:21) Happily, there will be survivors. (Revelation 7:14)

Dear rus,
The sixth angel of Rev 9:13, killed 1/3 of mankind (Rev 9:18),and "the rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues, did not repent..." , therefore a 7th angel was sent. (Rev 10:7) Per Joel 2:32, there will be those "on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem.....who escape". If you are not in Jerusalem, then you would have to be on "My holy Mountain"/Mount Zion. Those followers are identified in Isaiah 56:6. It does not include who you think.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Dear rus,
The sixth angel of Rev 9:13, killed 1/3 of mankind (Rev 9:18),and "the rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues, did not repent..." , therefore a 7th angel was sent. (Rev 10:7) Per Joel 2:32, there will be those "on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem.....who escape". If you are not in Jerusalem, then you would have to be on "My holy Mountain"/Mount Zion. Those followers are identified in Isaiah 56:6. It does not include who you think.

I believe these are just those in Israel as firstfruits of rapture:
Rev 13:4 These are they that were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they that follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were purchased from among men, to be the firstfruits unto God and unto the Lamb.

2ndpillar

Rev 13:4 These are they that were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they that follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were purchased from among men, to be the firstfruits unto God and unto the Lamb.

Dear muff,
The 144,000 are not what you call "raptured". They are marked and the "four angels" will not "harm them. (Rev 7:1-3)
The one's "taken" in Mt 24:38-42, will be taken as in the "days of Noah". Noah stayed and the wicked were taken by water. Today, because of the covenant of the rainbow, the angels will "gather out" the tares first (Mt 13:30-31), and cast them into the fire, and then gather "the wheat into my barn". Those that "commit lawlessness" will be gathered first at the "end of the age" and tossed into the "furnace of fire". (Mt 13:38-41) It is later that the "Righteous" will be gathered "into my barn" (Mt 13-30/Mt 13-43).

The first fruits would be the resurrection of the righteous to rule with "Christ for a thousand years" (Rev 20:4). That would include those who did not receive the "mark of the beast" or his worship his image.

b.finton

In the Unity of Faith
many seem in a state of denial of what the text states

Maybe "hesitancy," rather than "denial"? I deny much, but my denial's a symptom of my hesitancy. Maybe.

In original script, the word alef/shin suggests many things. It has been faithfully passed down from Aramaic to English as the word, "fire." I've found no instance in which Sinaitic Hebrew contradicts the validity of etymological meanings. I readily admit that, in the original script, "fire" can, indeed, signify "a force that destroys; a reduction by flames."

The natural world has taught humanity from its beginnings that they are subject to different types and orders of "fire." There's a "fire" that purges, and there's a "fire" that bathes a Son of Man and sends (him) on (his) way. "Fire" is "the emanation of Wisdom." This concept is older than the scriptures, themselves. The dual nature of "fire" in a bi-polar Creation points the way to the Light hidden within every man, good and bad.

As for myself, I anticipate that the Day of YHWH will accomplish two things: (1) that it will destroy the roots of ignorance and error within my angel and (2) that it will open the understandings of my soul to receive the Emanation of Wisdom, corner to corner.

Is "doomsday" what Y'Shua meant when he taught we wouldn't see it coming? The time of great darkness? When no man can work? His words were spiritual, right? Should we, then, compare spiritual with carnal? Surely, there's an understanding that points to life.

Creation is the "strange work" in which HaShem "winks at ... ignorance" while commanding our undivided attention. Y'Shua revealed the fullness of Yahushua: who, from the Limitless-- from before and beyond Creation of the Heavens and Earth-- informs us of the glory of YHWH via the Projection of YH .

Meanings of the "letter" aren't obvious. The letter, kills, after all. Religious texts are useful. They are both a lamp for the feet and a light for the path. That path transects humanity. I'm thankful for my understandings of what's written. I'm thankful, also, that what's written doesn't sum it up: "Not by might (intelligence, in this context), nor by power" (vocabulary), but by my Spirit" (ref. Jn. 5:39).

I'll agree that it's time to look up (to the "up" within), but I'd think twice about leaving others behind.

b.

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
Dear muff,
The 144,000 are not what you call "raptured". They are marked and the "four angels" will not "harm them. (Rev 7:1-3)
The one's "taken" in Mt 24:38-42, will be taken as in the "days of Noah". Noah stayed and the wicked were taken by water. Today, because of the covenant of the rainbow, the angels will "gather out" the tares first (Mt 13:30-31), and cast them into the fire, and then gather "the wheat into my barn". Those that "commit lawlessness" will be gathered first at the "end of the age" and tossed into the "furnace of fire". (Mt 13:38-41) It is later that the "Righteous" will be gathered "into my barn" (Mt 13-30/Mt 13-43).

The first fruits would be the resurrection of the righteous to rule with "Christ for a thousand years" (Rev 20:4). That would include those who did not receive the "mark of the beast" or his worship his image.

I believe, just because they are mentioned in one verse as marked does not mean that they aren't in another verse raptured.

I believe Noah was not taken or left. So the metaphor doesn't work. Noah didn't stay he was raptured into the boat. I believe the reference is to the type of disaster that will kill one person and leave the person standing next to him alive. I believe this means that not all the wicked will die in the fire.

I believe there ae different first fruits. One is the first fruits of rapture and the one you mentioned the first fruits of resurrection which impies that a number of previously unsaved people will ressurect to salvation after the thousand years.

Unification

Earth in text refers to the human brain, and it's west and east spheres or the two tablets of stone. The brain is also refered to as "rock."

The destruction of the temple(mind) and the rebuilding of the temple(mind).

That is tribulation, no one wants to admit defeat, cease control, change, rid of everything they thought they knew. Neurological plasticity is tribulation and painful. Literally feels like death, but once one dies to their false self... The other side is awe and bliss.

The Lord is not a literal deity or person but a hidden/latent energy(spirit) within the human. It comes through the blood/plasma/water/cerebrospinal fluid to the brain, that energy(fire) is unleashed, the impure woman(subconscious mind) is cleansed and becomes pure. Internal destruction of the iniquity within one. Renewing of ones mind. The woman(subconscious mind) becomes aware/awake to all that its done/does and has realization to self-accountability(judgement occurring within the mind.)

The good news(gospel) within, is, one can escape any of the self created destruction in their life... There is hope, just have to believe in and have faith that one can change by the power(energy) in the blood/plasma/water/cerebrospinal fluid by picking up their inner cross and sacrificing/denying their destructive and impure ways and allowing the healing to occur within. Salvation/freedom/liberation to the harmful things one is bonded and enslaved to.

Last edited:

Unification

I believe, just because they are mentioned in one verse as marked does not mean that they aren't in another verse raptured.

I believe Noah was not taken or left. So the metaphor doesn't work. Noah didn't stay he was raptured into the boat. I believe the reference is to the type of disaster that will kill one person and leave the person standing next to him alive. I believe this means that not all the wicked will die in the fire.

I believe there ae different first fruits. One is the first fruits of rapture and the one you mentioned the first fruits of resurrection which impies that a number of previously unsaved people will ressurect to salvation after the thousand years.

One taken and one left behind refers to the same human in the same house(body.) The old person left behind and the new person being formed. Fruit is either good or rotten within ones mind.

The ark is the brain. When one enters within themselves and still/quiets their mind, and allows inner/spiritual work to be done. The flood of light/energy occurs within one when they rise above their rotten ways. Their rotten thoughts, desires, emotions, intellect, ways are consumed/flooded/drowned by this fire(energy.)

When ones house is swept clean and pure within, don't look back to the old ways... Ones wife(subconscious mind) will fall back into slavery.

When rotten fruit is destroyed and overcome within, it's gives way to new "first" fruits. New and pure and peaceful thoughts, emotions, desires, wisdom, etc.

The brain is a maintained garden by each their own, a network of forests and dendritic branches bearing mind children(fruit) that is either pure and/or rotten.

Last edited:

Unification

Israel is a state of inner being, inner mind, (a mind driven by Spirit) not a literal country. When ones thigh is put out(lower natured desires) through an inner wrestling/war of overcoming.

Not defiled with women(other subconscious minds) for they are virgins(pure and clean) and in subjection to the spirit within. Laws of higher peaceful character and nature are followed. . having a mind full of good and new fruit. Their thoughts, ways, being, character are of "God."

Unification

Dear rus,

Killed as in death to false self, not physically killed.

Mt Zion is within, a holy(whole) brain/conscious (uniting of conscious and subconscious mind into one/west and east spheres of brain into one, and Jeru Salem means a mind that will find/finds peace/rest. Escape and be liberated/set free from the bondage and enslavement and hell of ones lower natured ways.

No literal land or countries.

b.finton

In the Unity of Faith
No literal land or countries.

It's odd, the things that literalists ignore.

If scriptural truth lies in literal understandings, what can be done with the saying, "The letter kills..."? Truth sets free, but not through the triggering of physical death.

b.

Last edited:

b.finton

In the Unity of Faith
It's odd,
. . .

Hiding under rocks and in caves: that's like occupying oneself with nations in the context of history.

Guilt is universal. We need to get over it.

Our bodies are the promised lands. The rascals-- the mixed multitudes-- are there, too.

http://crowndiamond.org/cd/howl.html

David's path-- the path of the doubled dalet, a symbol that speaks of doors joined together-- opens before us all.

Judah is the praise within.

b.