• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

do god really exist?

Chalant

I dont think he does. And the burden of proof lies on religion. Things are assumed to be false until they are proven true. And it can be assumed true and then proven to be false too. Religion has been proven false by both ways. However the characteristics we give to god make him conveniently undetectable.

Jiggerj

I dont think he does. And the burden of proof lies on religion. Things are assumed to be false until they are proven true. And it can be assumed true and then proven to be false too. Religion has been proven false by both ways. However the characteristics we give to god make him conveniently undetectable.

Even if the gods were real, why should we care? Just look at the state of the world today and it is obvious that the gods don't care about us.

MaxPayne

Brain User
Bartholomæus;3480330 said:
I don't even know of Eric Hovind or Kent Hovind. And yes, I don't have an scientific education. But you still haven't commented as to how something comes from NOTHING.
My arguement that zero + zero equals zero still stands. You can never get anything from nothing. Care to explain to me how that works for evolution? How did the first amino acids come to be? Your turn ;P

Something can come from nothing. We don't know how and why they do so? YET
In fact at a fundamental level particles are jumping in and out of existence, all the time.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Personally, I don't think it is a good thing for even theistic religions to make a point of trusting on the existence of any gods.

Norrin-6-

Bartholomæus;3484354 said:
I might be that I'm a bit ignorant. I defenetely don't claim to be clever or anything. Im not deperate tho. I just find evolution theory so lacking. I guess if someone could provide some real answers to a few questions I might change my views.
Wow, you are lazy.

1) The stuff that was big bang, where did it come from?
First, what does the big bang have to do with biology?

Then, does the fact we don't know where it came from tell us that it didn't happen? The universe is expanding, there is cosmic background radiation, etc. which goes towards confirming there was a big bang.

Still not sure what this has to do with evolution.

2) If one digs for fossils in the ground one finds LOADS of them. Why then is it so hard to find that 'missing link'? The earth should be full of them? (but all you see is some small pieces that is no real evidence and when that ain't enough some people makes forgeries instead (pilt down).
We find loads of them, but that isn't to imply that fossilization is anything but a rare occurrence. We just have the whole history life on earth for this stuff to accumulate. No real evidence? You don't know what you're talking about.

Last edited:

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram :namaste

Even if the gods were real, why should we care? Just look at the state of the world today and it is obvious that the gods don't care about us.

has it ever crossed your mind that the reason the world is in the state that it is is because allmost no one cares for anything but them selves !
where there is no love of god there is no love of creation , people feel free to rape and pillage this earth planet to satisfy their material desires and when they have finished stealing its recorces us so called inteligent human beings plan to move to another planet and start destroying that ???.....

those that beleive in god see god in everything therefore everything is sacred ...
others see only material nature which they assume to be there purely for their own consumption ......

a freind sent me this picture ......five animals who killed an elephant whilst it was eating .....

994041_10151804293897362_2051186781_n.jpg

it is not god who does not care .... it is us who canot look beyond our own noses

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
namaskaram :namaste

has it ever crossed your mind that the reason the world is in the state that it is is because allmost no one cares for anything but them selves !
where there is no love of god there is no love of creation , people feel free to rape and pillage this earth planet to satisfy their material desires and when they have finished stealing its recorces us so called inteligent human beings plan to move to another planet and start destroying that ???.....

those that beleive in god see god in everything therefore everything is sacred ...
others see only material nature which they assume to be there purely for their own consumption ......

a freind sent me this picture ......five animals who killed an elephant whilst it was eating .....

994041_10151804293897362_2051186781_n.jpg

it is not god who does not care .... it is us who canot look beyond our own noses

Seems to me your reply is nothing more than a counts the hits, ignore the misses.

It is easy to make claims of how bad the world is when you go out of your way to ignore the good.
Just as it is easy to make claims of how good the world is when you go out of your way to ignore the bad.

But then to wash gods hands clean by putting all the blame (or credit) in mans hands makes one wonder why bother with such an apathetic being.

ratikala

Istha gosthi
Seems to me your reply is nothing more than a counts the hits, ignore the misses.

It is easy to make claims of how bad the world is when you go out of your way to ignore the good.
Just as it is easy to make claims of how good the world is when you go out of your way to ignore the bad.

But then to wash gods hands clean by putting all the blame (or credit) in mans hands makes one wonder why bother with such an apathetic being.

I didnt make the claim that the world was bad ....or that it was good ...
my reply is to the ''why should we care'' attitiude of the poster that expects god to keep the world all nice for him ,

I am all for caring about the world , I dont foist the responcibility on god I think we should be brave enough to take responcibility for our own actions .

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I didnt make the claim that the world was bad ....or that it was good ...
my reply is to the ''why should we care'' attitiude of the poster that expects god to keep the world all nice for him ,

I am all for caring about the world , I dont foist the responcibility on god I think we should be brave enough to take responcibility for our own actions .

My apologies.
I misunderstood your post.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
If there is a god, I suspect its relationship to us is probably along the lines of our relationship with a few microbes living under one of our toenails. Only, the microbes under our toenail probably have far more in common with us, and have a far better chance of comprehending us, than we do of a god. And, we probably are far more aware of the microbes under our toenail, than a god would be of us.

To think that our infinitely brief, infinitely limited existence would even be make us capable of scratching the surface of comprehending a god, or that such an entity would even notice our existence, is the pinnacle of the silliness and sadness of human narcissism.