• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

zahra67

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم.
in the name of Allah, the most compassionate, the most merciful.
salam every one.
i present you the book that explanes islamic principles.
Published on Books on Islam and Muslims | Al-Islam.org (https://www.al-islam.org)

Author(s):

Sayyid Moustafa Al-Qazwini [3]

An introductory text on the fundamentals and spirit of Islam from a Shi’a perspective
describing the basic principles as well as the common practices. This text is especially
beneficial to those who are new to Islam, or are considering becoming Muslim.

What is Islam?

Islam 1 means “submitting or surrendering one's will to the will of Allah.” 2 Humankinds'
innate disposition naturally submits to the reverence of God; this natural feeling was born
with him or her on the day of creation. In reality, the entire universe, through its ordered
workings, all submit to the will of God. Modern science calls these phenomena “the laws of
nature,” but these laws of nature, from an Islamic perspective, are not just any laws of
nature but the laws of God for nature. Human beings depend on, and are in need of God's
sustenance and guidance throughout their entire lives; thus, man must yield his self-will
and desires to the will of the Creator.

Submission to God does not entail self-humiliation or a denial of human intellect; rather, it
means trusting the knowledge, wisdom, and fairness of the Creator. In some form of an act
or instance, people involuntary trust and depend on the safety of their lives to others.
Hence, the decision to trust a person with more knowledge is logical; therefore, trusting the
wisdom of God would not constitute abandoning one's intellect, but rather, it would
constitute following one's natural inclination.

Islam has other meanings; one of which is “to have peace.” God says in the Quran, 3 “He is
Allah, there is no Allah but Him—the King, the Holy One, and the Peace” (59:23).
Moreover, the Quran states “And Allah invites to the abode of peace” (10:25).

By its connotations of peace and safety, Islam indicates that the religion is free from any
deficiencies or defects. As a religion, Islam is considered perfect because it was ordained by
God and not invented or marked by humankind. “This day have I perfected your
religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam
as your religion” (5:3).

Commanded by God, Prophet Abraham was the first person to use the words Islam and
Muslim. 4 “It [Islamic monotheism] is the religion of your father Abraham. He [God]
has named you Muslims both before and in this [Quran]“ (22:78). “Abraham was
neither a Jew, nor a Christian, but he was a true Muslim [submissive to God] and
was not one of the polytheists” (3:67). Not only did Prophet Abraham call his religion
Islam, but the prophets after Abraham also called their religion Islam. Prophet Joseph, in the
chapter entitled “Joseph” of the Quran states:

My Lord! You have given me authority and taught me the interpretation of
things. O Creator of the heavens and earth! You are my guardian in this world
and in the Hereafter. Cause me to die as a Muslim, submitting to Your will, and
join me with the righteous (12:101).
Thus, God declares in the Quran, “Truly the religion before Allah is Islam” (3:19).

Who are the Muslims?

Muslims are the followers of the religion of Islam (those people who submit to the will of
God as explained in the Quran and the traditions 5 of Prophet Muhammad, the Messenger of
Islam). Today, the Muslim population is about 1.2 billion, and it is spread over a vast range
of races, nationalities, and cultures.

Approximately 18% of the Muslims live in the Arab world, but the majority live in Asia and
Africa. The largest Muslim population is in Indonesia, and a significant number of Muslim
minorities exist in Russia, China, and Europe, North America and South America. The
Muslim population in the United States is estimated to be around six million.

How does one Become a Muslim?

The basic requirement to become a Muslim is to declare, ” Ashhadu an laa ilaaha illa Allah,
wa ashhadu anna Muhammadan rasul Allah.” In English this means “I testify that there is no
God, but Allah, and that Muhammad is the Messenger of God.” Anyone who proclaims this
phrase joins the ranks of the Muslim nation (ummah).

The statement marks the beginning of one's physical and spiritual journey in practicing the
aspects of Islam. A Muslim strives to become one who the Quran terms as the faithful
(mumin). Although this journey in becoming faithful may be long, its rewards are numerous
for those who embark on it with sincere will and intention.

Practicing Islam requires learning Islamic ideas, teachings, and practices, then adhering to
them. Moreover, Islamic practice requires some sacrifice. However, the necessity of
sacrifice should not be a deterrent. Prophet Muhammad states, “Whenever someone gives
up something for the sake of God, God will replace it with something better.”

Sincerity of belief also develops over time. When Prophet Muhammad began spreading the
message of Islam, some people came to him and informed him that they were believers in
Islam. In reply, God revealed the following verse, “Say [Muhammad]: 'You believe not,'
but say, 'We have submitted to Islam,' for faith has not yet entered your hearts”
(49:14).

The successor to the Prophet Muhammad, Imam Ali ibn Abi Talib 6, has described the
dynamic process of following Islam:

I am defining Islam as no one has defined it before me: Islam is submission, submission is
conviction, conviction is affirmation, affirmation is acknowledgement, acknowledgement is
performance of obligations, and the performance
of obligations is good deeds. 7 7

1. From the Arabic verb aslama, meaning surrender.
2. The Arabic word for God.
3. Quran: Islam’s divine book.
4. Muslim refers to a follower of the religion of Islam.
5. Hadiths, Sunnah, or traditions are actions, words, and consents of the Prophet Muhammad in matters
pertaining to the meaning and practices of Islam which have been transmitted through a line of narrators.
6. Imam Ali was Prophet Muhammad’s cousin and son-in-law. Since the age of six, Imam Ali was raised and
educated by the Prophet.
7. Nahj al-Balagha (The Peak of Eloquence), sermon #125.

you can read this book online, save it as htm, download its pdf or epub from this link:

https://www.al-islam.org/discovering-islam-moustafa-al-qazwini

by devine grace and will, i publish the other parts of this great book in the future here.

i pray for you, request devine mercy, blessings and salvations for you.