• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Vedas exist before The Bhagavad Gita ?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Yes, you finally got it. Now ... for the several other threads were about 10 or more Hindus have tried to help you understand, but you have failed will you please review them and try to understand?

gnostic

The Lost One
Yes, you finally got it. Now ... for the several other threads were about 10 or more Hindus have tried to help you understand, but you have failed will you please review them and try to understand?
That because it is paarsurrey's intention to discredit all other scriptures in favour of the Qur'an.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
BOOYAH!!! We win!!! ;)
You can't. Unthinkable. Against Paarsurrey, nah! 'Nasti, nasti, neh na nasti kinchana'!
However, I am a bit surprised. In his post #11, he has not used the word 'please'!
"Knower" does not mean the one who revealed Veda. Right?
If something has been told to a person, then the person knows. Words can be used in many contexts.
Do you have any idea what any of that copy/paste from Wikipedia means?
Is it necessary to understand things before copying and pasting? ;)
Some people say the Rishis wrote Veda some say Krishna wrote it. Krishna is not even mentioned in Veda. Is he? Please clarify.
Many Hindus take Lord Krishna to be the Supreme God. Who revealed them to rishis? So, for them, the author of Vedas is none other than Lord Krishna, just as @FunnyKindOfMormon says. Hindus do not have the 'Jibreel business'.

Last edited:

Kirran

Premium Member
One got it wrong.
Did I discredit Veda?
Truth honors Veda and establishes its respect. Please
Regards

You're trying to, yeah, by saying that it's been corrupted and the priests have put in loads of stuff and that people should abridge it.

You have no conception of metaphor, or of the possibility of divine truth existing hidden within mundane treatise.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
One got it wrong.
Did I discredit Veda?
Truth honors Veda and establishes its respect. Please
Regards

Well, you think they're too long when they're not. You think its about wars, not ahimsa, and its not. Just two examples.
Then why discuss it and critique at all? You're a Muslim. If you want to study the Veda for your own interest, that's fine. But if that were true, there would be no point in sharing your criticisms with others.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Well, you think they're too long when they're not. You think its about wars, not ahimsa, and its not. Just two examples.
Then why discuss it and critique at all? You're a Muslim. If you want to study the Veda for your own interest, that's fine. But if that were true, there would be no point in sharing your criticisms with others.

Has one read the four Veda (Yajurveda, Rigveda, Samaveda and Atharveda) ? Please

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
You're trying to, yeah, by saying that it's been corrupted and the priests have put in loads of stuff and that people should abridge it.
You have no conception of metaphor, or of the possibility of divine truth existing hidden within mundane treatise.

People have said here that there are no poetic expression in the four Veda. It is to be taken literally. Right? Please
Everybody, please

Regards

Kirran

Premium Member
People have said here that there are no poetic expression in the four Veda. It is to be taken literally. Right? Please
Everybody, please

Regards

So you're not denying your disrespect - fair enough.

Who said that? Remember there are differences of opinion. To be honest, even notwithstanding that your reading comprehension seems quite low.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Has one read the four Veda (Yajurveda, Rigveda, Samaveda and Atharveda) ? Please

Regards
No, I have not read the 4 Vedas. Hindus ARE NOT attached to their scriptures like Abrahamic are. We don't need to read scripture to know how to perform dharma.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Everybody, please

Regards
You are the only person here who is saying that they should be taken literally. Everyone else, about 10 Hindus, are saying much of them is poetic, or beautifully filled with metaphor.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Friend @Kirran !

The respect of Veda, or any other revealed scripture is to read it often, to get guidance from it in one's life and not to throw its teachings on one's back . Why did G-d reveal Veda, if it was a superficial guidance for the humans and never needed? Please
When Veda believers left Veda, Veda also left them, and it became open for the narrators/scribes/priests to do any corruptions they wanted.
If one leaves one's Jewelry in the open, anybody could pick it up. Right? Please
Regards

Kirran

Premium Member
Friend @Kirran !

The respect of Veda, or any other revealed scripture is to read it often, to get guidance from it in one's life and not to throw its teachings on one's back . Why did G-d reveal Veda, if it was a superficial guidance for the humans and never needed? Please
When Veda believers left Veda, Veda also left them, and it became open for the narrators/scribes/priests to do any corruptions they wanted.
If one leaves one's Jewelry in the open, anybody could pick it up. Right? Please
Regards

You're thinking that we should treat the Vedas the way you think the the Qur'an should be treated. They are not the same thing, they are not of the same category. The Vedas are shruti, which is to say they contained understandings received directly by the rishis. But these understandings, being true, are not confined to the Vedas. Anybody can know the Divine in their life, and the guidance of the Vedas is only suitable for some. Anyway, you're the one going on about corruptions. I don't see that anybody here has agreed with you on that.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Anyway, you're the one going on about corruptions. I don't see that anybody here has agreed with you on that.

I don't even know what the basis is for someone suggesting the Vedas are corrupted. :shrug: If one understood the nature of Vedic Sanskrit and how the Vedas were transmitted it would be clear that corruption is highly unlikely, if not impossible.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Friend @Kirran !
Regards

One may like to read post #22 in another sub-forum related to it:

This is what you often say, but then you go about trying to convince other people that their religion is inferiour. So it is like trying to make yourself tall by claimling other people are all short. So it's contradictory to say one thing, then act differently.

Did I say that? I never said that ever. If yes, then please quote from me.
I always try to elevate the status of all the revealed religions, their scriptures and their founders. Right? Please
Anybody, please​

Regards

Kirran

Premium Member

I always try to elevate the status of all the revealed religions, their scriptures and their founders. Right? Please
Anybody, please​

Regards

That's irrelevant to the current conversation. You're crossing threads. Keep it in its own thread.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

Anybody, please​

Regards

Again ... Hinduism is not a revealed religion, its an eternal religion. By default you're therefore not trying to elevate Hinduism. If you were, you would at least listen to what Hindus are telling you.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Again ... Hinduism is not a revealed religion, its an eternal religion. By default you're therefore not trying to elevate Hinduism. If you were, you would at least listen to what Hindus are telling you.

It could be your opinion only.
Hinduism is not mentioned in Veda. It is a Post Veda development. Please

Regards