• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can a believer...

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Moses, Abraham, Jesus, Paul, Muhammad, Joseph Smith, Bahaullah, and other prophets and people of God have heard God's voice directly and spoken for Him. This was not millions of centuries ago. This was practically yesterday.

If they can speak for God (or be God's reps) without refering to the Law, can a believer speak for God without refering to any scripture of their prophet or God?

Can we hear God through you and not through the prophets?

Taking out scripture intermedaries.

Thought at 1:45am give me a break

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
Go back to sleep!!!!! LOL :D

In a world of religious confusion, there has to be one truth....is finding it impossible? For some it is apparently.
Someone said it was like looking for a diamond in a pile of broken glass. That is a pretty fair assessment to my way of thinking.

I didn't find God...he found me. He sent his servants out to search for me because I was lost and near spiritual death....they found me hungry and thirsty and fed me and brought me back to life. Then they said, go and search for others and give them the same nourishment that gave you hope of a secure future. Spread the word and the love...so that is what I have endeavoured to do for the last 40 odd years. People can hear God through me, but only when I use his words....my own are worth nothing.

This is how I believe God works. He does not give mixed messages to people in different parts of the world. He has one truth, one faith for all. We cannot dictate to him what we want to believe....we must conform to what he says is truth.

No sincere person will be left disappointed......but no one will ever get God to change his laws to suit them. It is we who must conform to his standards, no matter what we personally think about any issue. God's laws are non negotiable.

God has always spoken through human representatives.....the only trouble is, he has an adversary who is a mimic.
Everything God does, the adversary does too...to create confusion. He also has human representatives...lots of different ones who all say and teach different things....it is a smoke screen. There are other ancient holy writings too.....all different, promoting different ideologies. People are more confused than ever these days when knowledge is more accessible in this "time of the end" than it has ever been.

But there are only two gods in existence.....and two kinds of worship. True and false. There is nothing in between.
God is the author of truth...the devil is the author of everything else. :(

We have to determine which god is which by using our powers of reason. Knowledge is power...but it must be accompanied by the right spirit....not one of wanting to find the religion that suits what "we" want to believe...but searching to find the way to please the true God in ways that he approves. It's a nice feeling to have the true God on your side, when everyone else is against you......this is what Jesus foretold. (John 15:18-21)

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
People like to hear from old books, and are skeptical of new messengers.

"Knowledge is found at the end of your nose, wisdom is found at the bottom of your toes; seek too much of man's knowledge, and you won’t see your toes, as your nose grows." - by God, through me, to you. :innocent:

wizanda

Premium Member
I think you meant to say 'People like to hear from what can't be disproven, and are afraid of what can be.'
Would have said that if it was applicable; yet we can clearly disprove Christianity.... Paul contradicts Christ on well over 36 points; the gospel of John is clearly made up, contradicting its self, and the synoptic gospels.

So it is more people are reassured by something that is old, they believe someone else has tested it for them, and made sure it is all fact; yet fail to notice the blatantly obvious mistakes within it for themselves. ;)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Would have said that if it was applicable; yet we can clearly disprove Christianity.... Paul contradicts Christ on well over 36 points; the gospel of John is clearly made up, contradicting its self, and the synoptic gospels.

;)
Oh brother! So I look up "points paul disgarees with christ" and I find this. Paul vs. Jesus -- disagreement and contradictions between the Christian founders And I think to myself "I am not going to read all that". So I skim down and find a quote which saves me a lot of time and trouble. "Feeding the poor: Jesus taught in Matt 25:31-46 that our final salvation and judgment would be based in large part on our willingness to feed the poor. Paul contradicts this: 2Thess 3:10 "For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat." Does this mean that if poor people are unemployed, we should turn them away from any charity?"

OK. Paul is writing about The Spirit, not about The World. So when he wrote those words he was OBVIOUSLY referring to the fruits of the wheat, Jesus Christ.

While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to his disciples, saying, "Take and eat; this is my body" Matthew 26:26

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
By the way, Jesus is also speaking spiritual words so his words at Matthew 25:31-46 are also not about The World.

If they were, then James would be wrong to say this James 4:4

John 6:27

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I recognise the irony Carlita. I am sorry.

The reverse can be true. Someone can come for scripture but not be claiming prophetship. Haha

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity

So it is more people are reassured by something that is old, they believe someone else has tested it for them, and made sure it is all fact; yet fail to notice the blatantly obvious mistakes within it for themselves. ;)

What I mean is that you can't examine a prophet from the Biblical times. But today if someone claimed to be such a prophet, we can examine him and determine that he is not telling the truth in relatively short order. It's that ability to examine and eliminate false claims that people fear, because they fear that it would ultimately disprove god.

wizanda

Premium Member
But today if someone claimed to be such a prophet, we can examine him and determine that he is not telling the truth in relatively short order.
It is still based on the faulty presumption that the older text is fact, to then use to substantiate a case against the new claimant.
It's that ability to examine and eliminate false claims that people fear, because they fear that it would ultimately disprove god.
You're right in a way, yet this depends whom we're speaking about.... Religiously minded people, who follow a tradition and believe in a text are within what you're stating.... Yet then there are many dynamic people who believe in a living God, that are open to new messengers and ideas, if they fit within their own understanding.
What I mean is that you can't examine a prophet from the Biblical times.
This is also one of my main points.... We can use multiple other sources, to establish that many of these so called messengers were false.... We can show where they contradict, prophecies that never happened, and their theology basically doesn't add up globally.

Some people believe in an old text, and some believe in a living God who still speaks....So some don't want you to take that tradition from them, they're not interested in facts; just security in antiquity. :innocent:

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
That is a beuatiful and vibrant testimony. (I finally slept at 3am to wake up almost late for work!)

God spoke to the prophets directly and their words are not mix matched.

They lived but only close to over 2,000 years ago. If they can hear Gods voice directly and talk to you without refering to hebrew scripture, why cant believers today?

What about our time period makes us depended on scripture when prophets, who are human to, did not depend on it when spreading their testimonies?

Go back to sleep!!!!! LOL :D

In a world of religious confusion, there has to be one truth....is finding it impossible? For some it is apparently.
Someone said it was like looking for a diamond in a pile of broken glass. That is a pretty fair assessment to my way of thinking.

I didn't find God...he found me. He sent his servants out to search for me because I was lost and near spiritual death....they found me hungry and thirsty and fed me and brought me back to life. Then they said, go and search for others and give them the same nourishment that gave you hope of a secure future. Spread the word and the love...so that is what I have endeavoured to do for the last 40 odd years. People can hear God through me, but only when I use his words....my own are worth nothing.

This is how I believe God works. He does not give mixed messages to people in different parts of the world. He has one truth, one faith for all. We cannot dictate to him what we want to believe....we must conform to what he says is truth.

No sincere person will be left disappointed......but no one will ever get God to change his laws to suit them. It is we who must conform to his standards, no matter what we personally think about any issue. God's laws are non negotiable.

God has always spoken through human representatives.....the only trouble is, he has an adversary who is a mimic.
Everything God does, the adversary does too...to create confusion. He also has human representatives...lots of different ones who all say and teach different things....it is a smoke screen. There are other ancient holy writings too.....all different, promoting different ideologies. People are more confused than ever these days when knowledge is more accessible in this "time of the end" than it has ever been.

But there are only two gods in existence.....and two kinds of worship. True and false. There is nothing in between.
God is the author of truth...the devil is the author of everything else. :(

We have to determine which god is which by using our powers of reason. Knowledge is power...but it must be accompanied by the right spirit....not one of wanting to find the religion that suits what "we" want to believe...but searching to find the way to please the true God in ways that he approves. It's a nice feeling to have the true God on your side, when everyone else is against you......this is what Jesus foretold. (John 15:18-21)

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Moses, Abraham, Jesus, Paul, Muhammad, Joseph Smith, Bahaullah, and other prophets and people of God have heard God's voice directly and spoken for Him. This was not millions of centuries ago. This was practically yesterday.

If they can speak for God (or be God's reps) without refering to the Law, can a believer speak for God without refering to any scripture of their prophet or God?

It is written....If you keep My sayings, they will also keep yours....
I think that was the Carpenter Himself.

JoStories

Yes, I believe that one can hear 'God', but I don;t like the word God as it connotes as concept most associated with monotheistic faiths. And yes, I believe others can hear this and speak of what they heard, however, when they do they are hindered by language. We have no other way to relate what we hear but through the medium of language but IMO, that limits not only the concept but what we may have heard.

JoStories

Well spoken and excellent points here. I don't believe we can find the message but within ourselves and while these old books have wisdom, I believe we have to 'hear' it for ourselves. As you have said, you cannot see the toes if you are overlooking the knees.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think it is possible to hear from The Spirit. But to understand what it is saying a person needs to learn the language first.....something the Jehovah's Witnesses are good for I think. :D

Thief

Rogue Theologian
The irony is why can't a prophet speak without scripture to back it up. So I gave you some scriptures. I can't think without them.

Even though I just made a casual reference to scripture.....
I often make seriously minded notations...and scripture cannot support them.
That can't be helped.
Centuries have gone by and a great many discoveries have been made.

Science in many ways, takes away the dogmatic viewpoint.
I don't mind.

Supporting all faith with only scripture would be futile in today's enlightenment.

JoStories

The irony is why can't a prophet speak without scripture to back it up. So I gave you some scriptures. I can't think without them.
Truly? I find they hinder me when I am trying to hear. I read them and find wisdom but I I also recognize the failings and contradictions contained therein. God's voice is not found in a book, IMO. one can meditate on them but ultimately, the truth must be found within yourself. Not some book. Just my two cents.