• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buddhism explanation

rogc97

Hi guys,
I am new to this kind of forums (well, new in forums) and I hope you can help me understand more about buddhism. I have been reading some definitions and terms, but I think i have gotten myself confused. I was born in a catholic family, but i don't think that is what i truly believe, so if you can help me get my mind up it would really help me a lot.
Thank you guys btw.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Hi, Rogc97.

At its core, Buddhism is actually rather simple.

It is based on the idea of Interdependent Origination and its direct consequences, as expressed by the Four Noble Truths and the Noble Eightfold Path.

It is a form of religion as expression of the perception of the need for direct, personally accountable ethics.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Hi guys,I am new to this kind of forums (well, new in forums) and I hope you can help me understand more about buddhism. I have been reading some definitions and terms, but I think i have gotten myself confused. I was born in a catholic family, but i don't think that is what i truly believe, so if you can help me get my mind up it would really help me a lot.
Thank you guys btw.

Hi there. This is a good general resource, but if you have specific questions please ask.
BuddhaNet - Worldwide Buddhist Information and Education Network

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
it's always useful to read about the four noble truths, the eightfold path and triple gem.

I'd advise to read on meditation techniques and then lay the intellectualizing down for awhile and just start a meditation routine.

Rest is up to how things go.

rogc97

Do you know a good site with meditation techniques?
Because there is a lot of info online that i dont know which to follow
Thank you for answering also

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Do you know a good site with meditation techniques?
Because there is a lot of info online that i dont know which to follow
Thank you for answering also
I practice Zazen.

This vid is very well made and should be sufficient to get yourself started.

Approaching Zazen (seated meditation):