• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blink-182 vs. Green Day: Who is better?

Who is better?

• Total voters

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
So who do you prefer? Who is the better pop-punk band? :D

I say Blink-182. They were the first punk band I got into when Enema of the State first came out and helped me get into many other bands and skate culture when I was a kid. Tom Delonge is still one of my heroes and biggest crushes after all these years. Lol. I did listen to Green Day when I was younger but haven't since American Idiot. But I can still listen to Blink-182 and enjoy their songs just as much as I did when I first heard them. Green Day never had that impact on me. (Sorry, East Bay! :D ) I say Blink-182 has the stronger melodies, for sure.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Neither are my favourite bands, but I owned and listed to albums.
I'm going with Green Day, since I think Dookie was more impactful than anything Blink 182 did (at least for me personally)

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
i love me some blink but green day is my generations classic rock!

Iti oj

Premium Member
also green day is the best band live i ever did see

Iti oj

Premium Member
however i do love me some blink *goes and listetns to easy target*

leibowde84

Veteran Member

I say Blink-182. They were the first punk band I got into when Enema of the State first came out and helped me get into many other bands and skate culture when I was a kid. Tom Delonge is still one of my heroes and biggest crushes after all these years. Lol. I did listen to Green Day when I was younger but haven't since American Idiot. But I can still listen to Blink-182 and enjoy their songs just as much as I did when I first heard them. Green Day never had that impact on me. (Sorry, East Bay! :D ) I say Blink-182 has the stronger melodies, for sure.
Green Day, but only up until 1999. After that, they were both pretty unimpressive.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Naww, both were pretty big in my childhood. I love Blink but gotta go with Green Day. They were usually the more rebellious ones, whereas Blink were usually the more silly fun ones. :D:p

gnomon

My first punk band was The Who.

After that Misfits and Skinny Puppy......

But I do prefer Green Day over Blink.....to me Blink was nothing more than modern pop from the get go and never evolved their sound........it was nothing more shock showmanship...

dawny0826

Mother Heathen

I'm with you. Loved Green Day pre-American Idiot. Blink 182 is more fun.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
to me Blink was nothing more than modern pop from the get go and never evolved their sound........it was nothing more shock showmanship...
Um, what? There's a HUGE difference in sound between Carousel (hell, take it back all the way to the beginning with Buddha) and Neighborhoods. You'd have to be deaf to think otherwise. For the last 15 years or so, Blink has been very interested in experimenting with different sounds and writing about more serious topics. They've written about suicide, family and social breakdown and other things. Warning was the most experimental Green Day and that's kind of a blip in their catalog.

gnomon

Um, what? There's a HUGE difference in sound between Carousel (hell, take it back all the way to the beginning with Buddha) and Neighborhoods. You'd have to be deaf to think otherwise. For the last 15 years or so, Blink has been very interested in experimenting with different sounds and writing about more serious topics. They've written about suicide, family and social breakdown and other things. Warning was the most experimental Green Day and that's kind of a blip in their catalog.

I have to take your word for that and bow to your better judgment.

In other words......I apparently lack the proper knowledge to make a judgment.

It's time to hit the Youtubes and check out those songs.......

Thank you SF.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I have to take your word for that and bow to your better judgment.

In other words......I apparently lack the proper knowledge to make a judgment.

It's time to hit the Youtubes and check out those songs.......

Thank you SF.
Lol. It's cool.

gnomon

Okay......I tried.....this is coming from someone who is a Tool and Blind Melon fanatic....

I have to go with Blink......because I listened to Carousel and the sound is more punk than Green Day's later ventures.......

But still.........here is why I had a hard time......

Or......

Punk music had changed.......I remember listening to Blink and Green Day as pop bands at a Stone Mountain light music festival in the 1990's. The Misfits or even more adequately The Who were punk music against established industry sounds in my time. It was the bands such as Skinny Puppy later that redefined punk. Taking the synth explosion and industrial and turning it into what the corporate engineered Sex Pistols wished they could be defined by the Clash or the Misfits.

edit: But I do like the Blink videos you referenced over the Green Day songs that became popular.

edit: Just chalk it up to me getting old. "In my time our punk music was blah blah............"........laughs all around.