• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bernie supporters boo Bernie, chant "Lock her up" at DNC

Sultan Of Swing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-36885783

Whoever said the Republican party was the divided one? Compared to this the RNC went off without a hitch.

They're using the same "Lock her up" chant the Republicans did last week as well, which wasn't surprising for Republicans... quite surprising for Democrats at their own party's nominee!

I'm personally finding this quite hilarious.

Perhaps Hillary won't get a post-convention bump like Trump did? Depends how disruptive the Bernie supporters will be.

Imagine Hillary gets booed at her own acceptance speech, and then they all start chanting 'lock her up'? :eek:

Thoughts?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-36885783

Whoever said the Republican party was the divided one? Compared to this the RNC went off without a hitch.

They're using the same "Lock her up" chant the Republicans did last week as well, which wasn't surprising for Republicans... quite surprising for Democrats at their own party's nominee!

I'm personally finding this quite hilarious.

Perhaps Hillary won't get a post-convention bump like Trump did? Depends how disruptive the Bernie supporters will be.

Imagine Hillary gets booed at her own acceptance speech, and then they all start chanting 'lock her up'? :eek:

Thoughts?
It is incredibly disturbing, I have to admit. I can't stand Trump, and I think he would be an incredibly dangerous president and a horrible influence on every child living in the US, so this makes me very sad. I hope that Sanders can think of something to unify the party.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Still didn't see it. I saw 1 guy in the back dressed like a conservative flying an upside down American flag chanting it. Then some of the other people started repeating it. Probably a total of 5 people.
But I don't see how this is related to Hillary. They were talking about DWS the entire time.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

tytlyf

Not Religious
Yes, somebody was yelling "lock her up", maybe a few. But for the sake of clarity, this was out on the street. Could have been anyone.
Exactly. The RW media and their deception tricks worked again. Here I am thinking that an entire arena was chanting it. That's part of the propaganda, insinuation. Most likely a paid RW plant, flag/outfit and all.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The Bernie supporters, like myself, need to remember the adage that "a half-loaf of bread is better than no bread at all". If they truly are Bernie supporters and not just those heavy into hero-worship, then they should swallow the bitter pill and take Bernie's advice and vote for Hillary.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
The Bernie supporters, like myself, need to remember the adage that "a half-loaf of bread is better than no bread at all". If they truly are Bernie supporters and not just those heavy into hero-worship, then they should swallow the bitter pill and take Bernie's advice and vote for Hillary.
Totally agreed. I voted for Bernie in the primary and they are embarrassing to me and look ridiculous. (The people chanting "Black lives matter!" during Cory Booker's speech are being extremely rude, too.) They need to get over themselves. There will be future chances for more substantial change, but they imperil that by stirring up division and possibly taking votes from Hillary.

I like what Sarah Silverman said: http://www.rollingstone.com/politic...bernie-or-bust-youre-being-ridiculous-w430907

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
I DO NOT LIKE TRUMP.
But I dislike KILLARY more than I dislike Trump.
Too bad those are the only choices. A sad note for the U.S.A.
I'm conservative. Just saying....................................