• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Badran's Birthday.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
th

Tumah

Veteran Member
Getting a kosher cake was thoughtful of you, but I'm sure he'd prefer it was pareve rather than dairy in case he eats it after a meat meal. Also, he may be more stringent and not eat chalav stam, so you should look into a chalav Yisrael cake instead just to cover your bets. You don't want to spend good money on a cake only to have the birthday boy unable to eat from it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Getting a kosher cake was thoughtful of you, but I'm sure he'd prefer it was pareve rather than dairy in case he eats it after a meat meal. Also, he may be more stringent and not eat chalav stam, so you should look into a chalav Yisrael cake instead just to cover your bets. You don't want to spend good money on a cake only to have the birthday boy unable to eat from it.
It's kosher?
I hadn't even thought of that.
I just had a hanker'n for chocolate.

Tumah

Veteran Member
It's kosher?
I hadn't even thought of that.
I just had a hanker'n for chocolate.
dairy_kosher.jpg

That's kosher (the O with the U inside is the symbol of a kosher certifying agency called the OU) and contains dairy (the D) that was not milked and bottled with Jewish supervision.

You have to know these things for when you've just had a nice bbq'ed bacon dinner and your Jewish guests want to be able to eat the desert.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
dairy_kosher.jpg

That's kosher (the O with the U inside is the symbol of a kosher certifying agency called the OU) and contains dairy (the D) that was not milked and bottled with Jewish supervision.

You have to know these things for when you've just had a nice bbq'ed bacon dinner and your Jewish guests want to be able to eat the desert.
Observant Jews never accept my invites anyway.
Only the secular ones tolerate me.