• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arm the civilians VS Disarm Civilians , which safer ?

which bring more safe to you :

• Total voters

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
hello all

I want your opinin these two different way of life .

my position which against arm the civilians is may base on my way of life , which is more safty , i mean
I affraid to be shot by idiot or by accident or by criminal

my friends in other thread disagree with me about disarm citizens , they said it's tool of protection from criminals whom had guns

what make me confused that they confirmed to me that most of police prefer that civilians are armed !!!

my opinion base on my life experience :
maybe because i lived in Algeria , where it's ban gun for civilians , even carry a knife make toubles . i can say there is no shop of guns in Algeria , there is no one SINGLE shoot or mass shoot for years , maybe 10 years , the security services tight up to make gun is not reachable tool .

btw very few people had traditional gun but it's use in celibration , wedding ....with no bullet of course, it's just gunpowder , just sound , for fun

People celibrate by gunpowder in wedding :

share your opinion

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
my opinion base on my life experience :
maybe because i lived in Algeria , where it's ban gun for civilians , even carry a knife make toubles . i can say there is no shop of guns in Algeria , there is no one SINGLE shoot or mass shoot for years , maybe 10 years , the security services tight up to make gun is not reachable tool .

share your opinion
My opinion is you need to get your head out of the sand:

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2012/jul/22/gun-homicides-ownership-world-list
http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Algeria/Crime
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_guns_per_capita_by_country

Granted the numbers are lower (78th of 170) but they are still there.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
As for the poll question, I am not going to answer it because the options are so simplified as to seemly present a false dichotomy.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
As for the poll question, I am not going to answer it because the options are so simplified as to seemly present a false dichotomy.
What suppose poll question to be ?, my question is relate/concern to safety , with two ways of life : 1-civilians had right to have gun VS ban gun . which more safer to cummunity (not just individual) .

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It would be wonderful if all countries could be more like England and Japan, but many, such as America, simply are not safe enough to get rid of all guns. We do need better regulations and restrictions, but getting rid of them entirely would be to invite a rise in crime as we already have a ton of criminals with guns.

Politesse

Amor Vincit Omnia
Depends a bit on the most likely response to disarmament, and which definition of safety you're after.

Godobeyer

Premium Member

you just post similaire video that, i already posted !!!,i explained how we deal with guns (just in celibration) not loaded !!!! just for fun , it's loaded gun with bullet is illegal , and cost may jail ; or taxes.

I am against that all civilians become the police of them selfs , all or most of civilians had guns mean more crime rate .

for your links i had no trust on them it's just speculation , because they did not had direct source from Algerian security data .

i take you to source , if you don't believe me , you can check all investigations of Algerian Police from it's site, and you are luck if you find a single crime by gun shot .

btw it's french i'ts easy to translate to English

http://www.dgsn.dz/?-Crimes-et-delits-#pagination_NEWSP

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
i take you to source , if you don't believe me , you can check all investigations of Algerian Police from it's site, and you are luck if you find a single crime by gun shot .

btw it's french i'ts easy to translate to English

http://www.dgsn.dz/?-Crimes-et-delits-#pagination_NEWSP
I noticed a claim of 27 murders, but it did not mention how those people were killed. Looking in other places I am finding there are definitely illegal guns and they are definitely used in crimes, including murder, albeit the rate is considerably lower than the rate in America.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Depends a bit on the most likely response to disarmament, and which definition of safety you're after.
It would be wonderful if all countries could be more like England and Japan, but many, such as America, simply are not safe enough to get rid of all guns. We do need better regulations and restrictions, but getting rid of them entirely would be to invite a rise in crime as we already have a ton of criminals with guns.
Don't forget to add China to that list. They have great gun laws as well.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
In America it comes down to the second amendment to our constitution which protects the individuals right to keep and bare firearms. I love stories of homeowners using a firearm to protect themselves, family, and property from an intruder(s). I'm afraid a campaign to abolish the second amendment and disarm the citizenry would be a bloody one in this day and age.

Last edited:

Kirran

Premium Member
Nobody's 'arming' civilians, it's allowing civilians to arm themselves if they wish.

I'm still against it, but it's a very important distinction.

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
Come on chap! Algerians are not known for their brutality. Have you aver been there? The coasts of Algeria is like Monaco with much more cheaper prices and they are one of the secular muslim communities left on this planet.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
In America it comes down to the second amendment to our constitution which protects the individuals right to keep and bare firearms. I love stories of homeowners using a firearm to protecting themselves, family, and property from an intruder(s). I'm afraid a campaign to abolish the second amendment and disarm the citizenry would be a bloody one in this day and age.
Its funny how some people simply fail to mention things like this.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
The answer is not clear, and it depends. Guns are one of many things that give people power to topple their government, but they are not the only thing. I think that guns can be used for violence but they can prevent tyranny sometimes just as the free press can both damage reputations and protect the public. You have to think about your people and whether you want them to have that much power. Do you trust your government? Do you trust your citizens? What about the government in 5 years from now? Also do you want civilians to know technical things, such as how to make chemicals? That is dangerous. Do you want them to have tools? These questions all go together. Do you make your people rely upon a public power grid or do you empower them to have generators? Maybe you allow guns but you don't allow people to drive cars. These are very similar things that give people power. So it is not only about guns but is about knowledge, education, tools, free time, land ownership and also weapons. All of these things make citizens dangerous. What if your citizens have guns but are completely ignorant about everything else? Then those guns are useless.

David1967

Premium Member
I cant speak for other countries but in America the right to keep and bear arms is protected by the second amendment. This doesn't mean everybody can own or carry a gun legally. Felons and mentally disturbed people, or people convicted of domestic violence, cannot legally own a firearm. That doesn't mean that bad guys don't find ways to get them. In my state if you pass a thorough background check and take a gun safety course you can apply for a concealed carry permit. Personally I think this is a good thing as it may help an otherwise defenseless person save their own life against a violent criminal. And it has on many occasions. Taking guns away from good people will not cause a decrease in violent crime. For example. Just look at Chicago. Toughest gun laws in the country yet the most gun violence. I know some will disagree and that's OK. I will not argue with you, you have a right to your opinion. But I will say that as a police officer myself I am in favor of law abiding citizens being able to own guns for the purpose of self defense.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I noticed a claim of 27 murders, but it did not mention how those people were killed. Looking in other places I am finding there are definitely illegal guns and they are definitely used in crimes, including murder, albeit the rate is considerably lower than the rate in America.
you found 27 murders by gun ?
I am not talking about murder in general i am talking about gun , where , which page ? , just to correct my thoughts ?